Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Maxi Helped Us Win 2 Playoff Games. Dwight has lost us a playoff game.
Your goofy cherry picked regular season stats don’t mean anything in the playoffs. Dwight sucks. Admit it below.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
He is back!!! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
The Mavs definitely need to find a real center in the off-season.  They have a lot of work to do.
Like Reply
Now you see why they continued to go with Kleber to close games all season long, even during his worst shooting slump. Your center needs to be a shooting threat in today's league...I can say the same thing about Gobert too. 

Both team's offenses slowed to a crawl late in the 4th quarter and the Jazz offense came down to Gobert shooting free throws. He missed so many that the Mavs could have pulled away but they had their own offensively-challenged center in Powell too
Like Reply
Time to convince McGee to give the Mavs another rodeo.
Like Reply
I also think that Dwight Powell sucks at basketball, but it's not his fault that Maxi fouled out or that we lost this game.  He did some good things, I think it's unfair to expect some goofy cross eyed canadian pool boy to make clutch free throws in an NBA playoff game.  That's not why this organization is paying Dwight Powell.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 07:58 PM)Benskix2 Wrote: I also think that Dwight Powell sucks at basketball, but it's not his fault that Maxi fouled out or that we lost this game.  He did some good things, I think it's unfair to expect some goofy cross eyed canadian pool boy to make clutch free throws in an NBA playoff game.  That's not why this organization is paying Dwight Powell.

I like your style
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
  • Benskix2
Like Reply
With this logic, the actual conclusion is that Maxi lost this playoff game for the Mavs....-5, 3 pts, 6 fouls in 18 mins? 

DP choked big time, but Maxi and the whole bench SUCKED.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 08:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: With this logic, the actual conclusion is that Maxi lost this playoff game for the Mavs....-5, 3 pts, 6 fouls in 18 mins? 

Try watching games instead of playing math wizard LOL.

Powell can't do anything in this series. He can't protect the rim, he can't rebound, and he can't make clutch free throws.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 08:27 PM)Branduil Wrote: Try watching games instead of playing math wizard LOL.

I bet I have watched more minutes of Mavs this season than you have.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 08:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I bet I have watched more minutes of Mavs this season than you have.
Quite possible. All the more reason to judge things by eyes instead of subtracting the hypotenuse of the square root of win shares% and judging games by that.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 08:54 PM)Branduil Wrote: All the more reason to judge things by eyes

Um, that is what I am doing.
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 08:22 PM)Kammrath Wrote: With this logic, the actual conclusion is that Maxi lost this playoff game for the Mavs....-5, 3 pts, 6 fouls in 18 mins? 

Dwight is cheeks my guy
Like Reply
(04-23-2022, 08:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I bet I have watched more minutes of Mavs this season than you have.

My dad can beat up your dad.
Like Reply
He’s a smart guy, knows where to be and when. He’s just not basketball coordinated. His coordination looks very similar to many track and field guys I’ve played against and sometime this season I posted that his coordination reminds me of the high jumper we tried for a couple seasons, Ryan Hollins.
Like Reply
I mean if we want to talk about small sample size +/-, Dwight was -5 when it mattered most. And he could have reduced that to -3 by himself, giving us the win.
Like Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the Mavs played with 5 men on the floor.  I have rarely seen one man lose a game...
Like Reply
If you guys haven't figured it out yet, idk what to tell you.
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Dwight is a nice guy and teammate. I'm sure a lot of teams would appreciate him as a 3rd big to bring some energy off the bench. But if you're relying on him in the playoffs, you're losing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Wish we would have chased/landed Tucker.   Maxi and Tucker would be a nice rotation of a similar skillset.
Like Reply