Poll: Where are you from?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dallas
32.11%
35 32.11%
North America (not Dallas)
35.78%
39 35.78%
Europe
22.94%
25 22.94%
Asia
6.42%
7 6.42%
Australia
0.92%
1 0.92%
South America
0.92%
1 0.92%
Africa
0.92%
1 0.92%
Total 109 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
CHECK IN: Where are you from?
Wow thanks to all for your participation, didn't expect this reception!

It's really fun to read your stories!
Like Reply
Grew up in East Texas but have been up in Minnesota for the past few years
Like Reply
DFW. It's not where I was born or raised, but it's where I've spent most of my days.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 01:31 PM)Kidnova Wrote: DFW.  It's not where I was born or raised, but it's where I've spent most of my days.

Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 11:42 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We left the year before David Robinson joined the team and at the time I really hated the Mavericks cause they would always beat up my SA and Houston teams. We moved to Keller and I still refused to root for the Derek Harper/Ro Blackman/Mark Aguirre Mavs due to them beating up on my other two favorite teams. 
I loved those times and remember beating up on Houston's Moses Malone teams. I had no reason to hate Houston yet because we always won. The Iceman, George Gervin, was tough to beat for San Antonio so I already hated them.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Oh, and I forgot to mention.  I was able to convert my ex-Celtics fan girlfriend (now wife) into a Mavs fan.  Then later, when our son started to like the Rockets (because... boys and rocket ships), I showed him those James Harden "Defensive Superstar" youtube videos to lure him to the Mavs side.  My work is done, fellas.

And yesterday, wifey got me a surprise Luka jersey - we ordered Only One 41 Dirk shirts and she somehow snuck another piece into that order.  As you can see below, my shirts fit her so she likes getting me Mavs stuff that she can wear, too.  (Yes - underneath the jerseys in that pic, we wore our "Only One 41" gear!).

[Image: 4177.jpg]
Like Reply
Yeah, great thread idea!

I'm German, grew up near Stuttgart, but I've called that spicy fortress Würzburg a second home for more than a decade now. Never seen Dirk here, sadly, though I've randomly met Maxi in town this summer, nearly stumbled into him tbh...

Growing up in the nineties, I never had a team and was more of a general NBA fan, so it was only natural to start following the Mavs when Dirk emerged on the scene. After a certain amount of sleepless nights watching the Mavs, I guess you're allowed to call yourself a fan. Sticking with them through all the ups & downs for nearly two decades, I'm kinda proud of being a MFFL!

Even if I take this whole magical '11 run into consideration, my greatest memory still to date is that game 7 victory in freaking San Antonio, which I watched on a sofa at 5am, my drunk buddy already asleep, screaming at the top of my lungs... Good times.
Like Reply
(11-20-2019, 10:29 PM)Davevoid Wrote: Even if I take this whole magical '11 run into consideration, my greatest memory still to date is that game 7 victory in freaking San Antonio

You're right, best single play for Dirk EVER! I was screaming right there with you!
Like Reply
BUMP!
Like Reply
Bump it up
Like Reply
My Gandapa was fond of saying, "I never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas, he will tell you. If he is not, why would you want to embarrass him?".
Like Reply
....born and raised in the center of Texas....college at UT....and arrived in the Dallas area in '64.....saw the origin of both the Chaps and the Mavs. Aguirre was always my favorite, until Dirk took that spot after only a couple of years. Yes! that game-7 OT win over the Spurs is my favorite Dirk play (just love beating those Chaps since they chose to leave!). Luka is so much better than I was expecting, I still can't believe it!
Like Reply
[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 05:59 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Dallas and East of Dallas in Kaufman and Henderson Counties...started watching the first season as a seven year old...Brad Davis was my favorite player when I was young...get ridiculed in the 90s for wearing my Mavs gear...jack of all trades R+M in Clean Room Factories,  modular office furniture install/modify, and Ergonomist currently...
Now I am living in Western Oklahoma and still rep my Mavs gear all the time... Safer laid back place than the chaotic DFW...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Wow, what a great thread. So glad you bumped this!

I grew up mostly in Ljubljana, which is the largest city in Slovenia. When I was 13 I moved to Madrid, Spain, where I studied until relocating to the Dallas area in 2018. 

I've been a Mavs fan since right around the time Dirk and Nash got to town. I had never been much of NBA fan during childhood, though I did catch the occasional Bulls/Jordan game on a random weekend when I was bored. I can't remember why I started watching the team when I did, but it might have been the publicity they got when Cuban bought them. Anyway, I remember really liking Finley's game a lot during my first couple of viewings, and pretty soon I was appreciating more and more about the other players on the team. By the time they traded for Juwon Howard (just as a timestamp reference) I was hooked, and have learned everything I can about the Mavs and the NBA ever since. 

I've actually learned quite a bit from the good people here, so thanks!
Like Reply
(09-30-2020, 11:51 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Wow, what a great thread. So glad you bumped this!

I grew up mostly in Ljubljana, which is the largest city in Slovenia. When I was 13 I moved to Madrid, Spain, where I studied until relocating to the Dallas area in 2018.

I've been a Mavs fan since right around the time Dirk and Nash got to town. I had never been much of NBA fan during childhood, though I did catch the occasional Bulls/Jordan game on a random weekend when I was bored. I can't remember why I started watching the team when I did, but it might have been the publicity they got when Cuban bought them. Anyway, I remember really liking Finley's game a lot during my first couple of viewings, and pretty soon I was appreciating more and more about the other players on the team. By the time they traded for Juwon Howard (just as a timestamp reference) I was hooked, and have learned everything I can about the Mavs and the NBA ever since.

I've actually learned quite a bit from the good people here, so thanks!

KL, it must have been a thrill for you many times over when the Mavs drafted Luka.
Like Reply
(09-30-2020, 11:51 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I grew up mostly in Ljubljana, which is the largest city in Slovenia. When I was 13 I moved to Madrid, Spain, where I studied until relocating to the Dallas area in 2018.

Guys, we have Luka here on forum. Wow! Smile I think your life path exactly matches his
Like Reply
(09-30-2020, 11:51 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I grew up mostly in Ljubljana, which is the largest city in Slovenia. When I was 13 I moved to Madrid, Spain, where I studied until relocating to the Dallas area in 2018. 

[Image: 200.gif]
Like Reply
Damn am I gullible.
Like Reply
So KL, gonna share your real story, or no?
Like Reply