Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE GREEN MACHINE: The Subtle Emergence of Josh Green
(02-09-2023, 12:02 PM)Dundalis Wrote: He's gonna be a problem defensively for sure, but his overall defense on Kawhi IMO showed how small he is compared to our previous tandom wing defenders in Bullock and DFS. It was pretty easy for Kawhi to shoot over him IMO. He does not look 6'6 to me.

yeah, I agree with your point...with DFS gone and Kleber hurt, they literally don't have that type of defender available at all, let alone one good enough to go into a playoff series against Kawhi, LeBron, Durant, Zion, etc.
Like Reply
The Emergence is not so subtle anymore. Green is turning into a legitimate third best player on a title contender right before our eyes. This is more than just a hot streak.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 09:25 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Emergence is not so subtle anymore. Green is turning into a legitimate third best player on a title contender right before our eyes. This is more than just a hot streak.

Still deferring and does not take the driver's seat yet (even in the Utah game he kinda' backed off a bit, Hardy would have gone for 30 given the same circumstances).

I hope in his mind -- he knows he is the third best player on this team, and one of his roles is to take charge when there's a moment the 2 stars aren't performing or are being heavily targeted.
Like Reply
So has Josh pushed past 4yr-60m extension and closer to 20m per territory? I’d say we’ve about reached that point. For cap and tax purposes, his rookie deal will still be what we use against our cap for 2023-24 until the extension kicks in 24-25, correct?
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 10:28 AM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: So has Josh pushed past 4yr-60m extension and closer to 20m per territory? I’d say we’ve about reached that point. For cap and tax purposes, his rookie deal will still be what we use against our cap for 2023-24 until the extension kicks in 24-25, correct?

Yeah, Kidd was right when he said the kid was going to make a lot of money. Hope Cuban's checkbook is ready to pay for Luka, Kyrie, the third star we get for our picks this summer, *and* Josh. Glad it's not my money!
Like Reply
How times have changed.  It went from me wanting more playing time for Josh to wonder if we are playing him too many minutes.  His role will be so important in the playoffs that I do t want to run him into the ground the next two months.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • dynamicalVoid
Like Reply
Haha yeah I’ve been kind of feeling the same way too, Chicago. We really are a big wing short and Josh will be tasked with occasionally guarding some of the best in the playoffs. It takes a toll to play balls out every possession like Josh does.
Like Reply
I have been screaming this for months.  Preserve Josh Green's energy and use his energy as a very potent weapon in the playoffs to demoralize opponents.   Sure...it would be nice to play him 40 minutes a game....but I think his energy at around 25 minutes is more powerful.   Imagine a close Playoff game where you preserve his energy after half time...and you unleash him in the 4th quarter with fresh legs and the opponents starters are tired from playing all game?

Fresh Legs Josh is a weapon.  40 minute Josh is less a weapon.   

I want him to play all game...but when it comes to playoffs...if there is a way to preserve his energy for important moments like 4th I would try and do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
Kind of a terrible listen and some bad takes throughout but I do trust KG when it comes to defense and effort and he was glowing about Josh.

https://youtu.be/yOvR7S5uN9M?t=1023
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
How much is the josh green max contract amount?
Like Reply
Luka creating distressed shots for teammates?  Hard disagree.  I get what he was trying to say though
Like Reply
Is Josh Green the Most Improved Player in the NBA this year?
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 04:27 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Is Josh Green the Most Improved Player in the NBA this year?

Wow, what a great question. 

I suppose it depends a little on whether or not he's really about to be a 35-40 minutes per player. If so, and he keeps up this level of play, I'd say he's got a shot because the team is going to be getting a tremendous amount of national attention now, with Kyrie here. 

I think Luka's MVP odds went up quite a bit, too, honestly.
Like Reply
He’s already got a shout out from KD saying he’d like to play with him.
Like Reply
If we're talking about just the player then yeah Green is in the discussion. But for the actual award, I don't think he will have the scoring stats to contend for Most Improved Player, especially since it's already halfway through the season and he missed a month. It may end up going to Nic Claxton or Cam Thomas in Brooklyn.

Also, I know everyone wants Green to start right now but I'm am ok with him coming off the bench and providing the spark. He will still play big minutes as he's earned being a high 20/30 mpg player role in the rotation. Of course all this depends on Bullock continuing to shoot well. Green and Ross off the bench could be interesting.
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 04:44 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Also, I know everyone wants Green to start right now but I'm am ok with him coming off the bench and providing the spark. He will still play big minutes as he's earned being a high 20/30 mpg player role in the rotation. Of course all this depends on Bullock continuing to shoot well. Green and Ross off the bench could be interesting.

Couldn't agree more. 

One of Green or Bullock has to be on the floor at all times, which is a great reason NOT to start them both, even if you're planning to close with them both. Mix in the FACT that all of the best stretches of THJ's time here have come as a starter (like him or not, he's here for the rest of the season, and he's in the top 6-7, EASY) and to me it's an easy, easy decision. 

Bringing Green off the bench (but with a huge increase in minutes) is a great way to mitigate that early foul trouble he likes to get into, also.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Scott41theMavs, SwisherPrice
Like Reply
(02-11-2023, 04:27 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Is Josh Green the Most Improved Player in the NBA this year?

Maybe. But that´s not enough to get the award. Looking at the front runners it seems to be about players that made the jump into the allstar conversation. Markkanen, SGA, Brunson, Haliburton.
Not players that developed into valuable role players or starters.
[-] The following 5 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, Mavs2021, Mavsfan12, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
I'm actually not even sure what his ceiling is. He's playing at a level I thought he wasn't capable of even like 2 weeks ago, when I already had a very high opinion of him and wanted him to have much more playing time. The game he played against the Jazz was a huge eye opening WTF performance. What else does he show the rest of the season that I had no idea was in his bag?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
It is a very short timeframe and I expect ups and downs and it probably won’t be at this level.  But with his play recently, I would put him in the Bane and maxey stratosphere.  I always had high expectations for him with some very valid concerns, but his play recently is way far ahead what I would expect in year 3.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-12-2023, 06:11 AM)Dundalis Wrote: I'm actually not even sure what his ceiling is. He's playing at a level I thought he wasn't capable of even like 2 weeks ago, when I already had a very high opinion of him and wanted him to have much more playing time. The game he played against the Jazz was a huge eye opening WTF performance. What else does he show the rest of the season that I had no idea was in his bag?

I'm actually with you here.

Green is playing at a level I never thought he could feasibly reach. He looks like a 2-way all-star wing right now. He managed to lead the team to a win against a playoff team without any other star. 

He's shooting nearly 60% from the field as a guard. Just incredible stuff. I'm shooketh.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply