Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE GREEN MACHINE: The Subtle Emergence of Josh Green
(02-06-2023, 11:17 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Green is special. What an amazing turnaround from last year to this one

He was +39 tonight. Not half bad.
[-] The following 2 users Like loki's post:
  • SleepingHero, Tyler
Like Reply
Better take Green out of any trade proposal.
Hang up if the other team is asking for Green.
Legit 2 way player now.

And that dude is only 22 years old.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Love his game and skillset. He is the opposite of THJ - very rarely will Green ever take a bad shot. He will drive and attack...a lot of his misses end up offensive boards/putbacks because he's moving the defense.

I hope they keep him but Cuban has always been dreaming of a Super Team so I think if he can use Green to pull the trigger on a current star in their prime now, he will do it  Confused
Like Reply
He thrives when they run. They've got to run more and let him go with it. The team stops and looks for Luka so much, it stifles transition offense to nothing. Coaches need to tell them to go when they have the opportunity.
[-] The following 2 users Like LifeAquatic's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Mavs2021
Like Reply
Bane who?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:14 AM)LifeAquatic Wrote: He thrives when they run. They've got to run more and let him go with it. The team stops and looks for Luka so much, it stifles transition offense to nothing. Coaches need to tell them to go when they have the opportunity.

I think Kyrie's addition will help a lot in the pace/transition issue.
[-] The following 3 users Like F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft, mvossman, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:11 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Love his game and skillset. He is the opposite of THJ - very rarely will Green ever take a bad shot. He will drive and attack...a lot of his misses end up offensive boards/putbacks because he's moving the defense.

I hope they keep him but Cuban has always been dreaming of a Super Team so I think if he can use Green to pull the trigger on a current star in their prime now, he will do it  Confused

Would probably trade him for Siakam, Durant, Giannis, Jokic, Butler, Brown, or Bam. That's probably it. If their teams want to give us their stars for Green, 27, and salary filler, sure. Otherwise, he'd damn well better retire a Mav. And before you @ me for those names other than Siakam, none of them is really available.
Like Reply
Hardy > Green
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
The best thing for Green is that Kidd has probably become his biggest supporter and won't be willing to deal him without putting up a fight. Green is the posterboy for Kidd's system, especially on defense.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 12:28 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: The best thing for Green is that Kidd has probably become his biggest supporter and won't be willing to deal him without putting up a fight. Green is the posterboy for Kidd's system, especially on defense.

Trading Dorian means Green isn't going to be touched unless we are getting a big three.
[-] The following 5 users Like cow's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MFFL, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Green shouldn't be moved for anything less than an All-NBA in his prime star. 

I really do think he can be that big of an impact. His low usage high efficiency offensive game, paired with amazing defense, is the exact type of guy you need around Luka.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
WTF was that? Green all of a sudden crossing guys up, hitting pull up mid range shots. Didn't know any of that was in his tool box. Why in god's name if those shots were in his bag have we not seen it before? I'm kinda curious if that's something he can do consistently, not the 29 points, but the types of shots he was taking and making mainly contested off the dribble, or he just had a hot night. If he can actually create offense off the dribble that's massive for this team moving forward.
Like Reply
Our need for a third creator is filled. Green played an amazing game of point forward - he kept attacking and the Jazz didn't have an answer.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:36 AM)MFFL Wrote: Our need for a third creator is filled. Green played an amazing game of point forward - he kept attacking and the Jazz didn't have an answer.

I could use a bit bigger sample for this kind of conclusion Smile
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/all_things_mavs/stat...86465?s=46&t=G2xgiFW5uRCxqZfOHRQbBQ
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:49 AM)Smitty Wrote: https://twitter.com/all_things_mavs/stat...86465?s=46&t=G2xgiFW5uRCxqZfOHRQbBQ

This isn’t just a 22/23 thing.  He’s always produced when he’s gotten minutes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:50 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: This isn’t just a 22/23 thing.  He’s always produced when he’s gotten minutes.

I'm well aware Wink

(07-15-2022, 07:01 PM)Smitty Wrote: Put me in the camp that believes Josh Green will be a good player this year. I’m actually less upset about the off-season, as I sip on my bourbon, because I’ve talked myself into a breakout season for the young fella.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 08:36 AM)MFFL Wrote: Our need for a third creator is filled. Green played an amazing game of point forward - he kept attacking and the Jazz didn't have an answer.

It was such a one off, I'm amazed but nowhere near convinced. I almost wish we had 2-3 more games without Kyrie and Luka to see if he can back it up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 01:25 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If we trade him for anything less than Siakam...

via GIPHY

...and Kyrie is less than Siakam, thank you very much.

Would anyone trade him for OG Anunoby? I feel like Anunoby is maybe Green's upside. Although Anunoby is bigger. Green is arguably the better shooter, but its harder to tell on such low volume, Anunoby had similar percentages on low volume a few years ago. I have no idea what I'd do if presented with that. Especially since the Raptors would obviously want adds on our side in the form the other first we can trade and probably more players. Obviously if there is any way we could get him without giving up Green that would be ideal. Siakam is a better offensive player than Anunoby, but I think Anunoby is much better defensively. Siakam is a little overrated on that side of the ball.

Pairing Anunoby with Kyrie, Luka and Wood though..... get Kleber back to put next to Wood and I think we could be passable defensively while being utterly ridiculous on offense.
Like Reply
(02-07-2023, 09:19 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Would anyone trade him for OG Anunoby? I feel like Anunoby is maybe Green's upside. Although Anunoby is bigger. Green is arguably the better shooter, but its harder to tell on such low volume, Anunoby had similar percentages on low volume a few years ago. I have no idea what I'd do if presented with that. Especially since the Raptors would obviously want adds on our side in the form the other first we can trade and probably more players. Obviously if there is any way we could get him without giving up Green that would be ideal. Siakam is a better offensive player than Anunoby, but I think Anunoby is much better defensively. Siakam is a little overrated on that side of the ball.

Pairing Anunoby with Kyrie, Luka and Wood though..... get Kleber back to put next to Wood and I think we could be passable defensively while being utterly ridiculous on offense.

I don't want to trade Green. My opinion has changed to Green being the prize if we had to use to him to get another star player. I think Green plus our #1 should be off the table at this point unless it's for Siakim. I would trade Green for Anunoby and we could add some more players on our side, but not our #1.

What last night showed me was Green would thrive if we played fast paced and quit letting Luka pound the ball. Green is all energy and hustle. He's not as athletic, but reminds me a little of the Matrix.
Like Reply