Poll: What do the Mavs shoot from 3? O/U 37%
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
54.55%
6 54.55%
Under
45.45%
5 45.45%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 66: NYK (28-38) vs. DAL (40-26) | 77-107 loss
(03-09-2022, 09:38 PM)BolsDamols Wrote: Honestly couldn't remember when we had a good win against NY

Last win was April of last year, 99-86 at NY.

Mama said there would be days like this.
Like Reply
DFS with 1 more point and this game is a win?
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Knicks have blown big leads and lost this year. Maybe they can do it again tonight.
Like Reply
Just a bad matchup. Knicks have multiple big guards who can create offense (Barrett/Fournier/Burks) and then a traditional small guard Quickley. Combine that with Randle/Gibson who are versatile defenders/active in the front court and then Mitchell Robinson when they want to put a real center out there...it's a nightmare for us.

Sit Luka for the 4th quarter, no need to waste energy tonight
Like Reply
Another long team, another JB stinker. 

Pair that with an 0-15 from ice cold Maxi and Reggie. 

Just ugly basketball and a real letdown coming off such a strong stretch.  Time to sit some folks down and move on to the next one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Just flush this one down the toilet.  Mavs didn't come to play today and couldn't work themselves into the game.   Just one of those nights.

Some concerning trends though.  Maxi and Bullock both looked really bad.  Not sure how many teams will bully us in the playoffs but it is a real weak spot.  If Maxi is not making his threes, he is a bad fit at center.   

Real rough game...no positives.  On to the next one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
And a garbage time tech from Luka when he shouldn't even be in the game. Kidd is stubborn to sit the starters just like RC was
Like Reply
Kidd had a bad game just like everyone else except Luka.
Like Reply
My main takeaway is that the Mavs bigs are terrible and need to be replaced this off-season and Bertans somehow is probably the worst player in the NBA.  How the hell did he get that contract?  He terrible.  All he can do is shoot and at that, he’s lucky to hit the broad side of the barn.
Like Reply
I don't think Maxi and Dwight can remain healthy till the end of the regular season.  Hope Chriss can help a little at least, or some other unsigned big.
Like Reply
Such a disappointment. But life is full of them, so we move on
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 10:06 AM)Hypermav Wrote: Revenge game.  Mavs scored 85 points last meeting.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • Jommybone
Like Reply
If Kleber and Bullock go through a cold stretch like this in the playoffs, we are getting swept. When they can't shoot, they bring nothing else on offense. At least DFS will get some garbage buckets with his activity and energy.

Bertans is done this season...I was wrong about him. He needs to sit on the bench and be a towel-waver the rest of the way. Maybe a full offseason/training camp with the team is the answer but it's clear he just doesn't have it right now.
Like Reply
We deserved an embarrassing margin at the end for the way we played in the 1st half. I wish Kidd took out Luka a bit sooner. Now he only has one free technical left before he starts getting suspended
Like Reply
Can’t agree with the complaints about our bigs. THEY AREN’T BIGS!!!!! NY is an old-school team with an old-school approach. We aren’t built for that. Teams that are bully us with success on both ends. Fortunately it is no longer a winning approach unless you’re built to do both—bully and finesse. Which only Phoenix is capable of this season. The Clips can when healthy. And maybe the Warriors, but they haven’t been healthy for so long, who knows.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jommybone's post:
  • ballsrchr, burekemde
Like Reply
(03-09-2022, 09:46 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: My Gawd.  The halftime show is the only bright spot.  Anyone who paid to go to this game should get their money back. That’s the worst half of basketball I’ve seen in a long time, and the bigs, who aren’t that good to begin with have been particularly atrocious on both ends of the floor.

I wasn't planning to watch the half time show, but when she started riding the bicycle I was sort of amazed.  Damn good balance.  If I was still young and --stupid--I'd probably try it and end up in the hospital...
Like Reply
This was a really sad game to watch lol.

No one but Luka could buy a bucket really.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply