Poll: How many points does Davis Bertans score tonight? O/U 12.5
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Over
10.00%
1 10.00%
Under
90.00%
9 90.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 65: UTA (40-24) vs. DAL (40-25) | 111-103 win
(03-08-2022, 08:30 AM)Kammrath Wrote: But MEM won so Mavs are 3.5 gms behind them for #2 now.

We won't catch the Grizz, they are just on a crazy run.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 08:01 AM)Chicagojk Wrote:  
As far as the Mavs vs the Jazz, the whole thing depends on the pick and roll.   More directly, what happens when Gobert gets switched on Luka.  It appears the games are going to come down to that.   Who gets the better of the other.   It certainly feels the last five minutes it will be Luka vs Gobert.

This isn't a knock on Josh Green because he continues to make a positive impact, but he has some of the ugliest three point misses you can have.    Weird from a guy who was considered a solid shooter in college.  

Dinwidddie didn't force anything but was ready when it was his chance to run the offense.

I don't think Dallas dug too deep into their bag of tricks last night.  I agree we will try to make Utah pay for playing Gobert, but dragging him away from the basket to guard the three point line also works.

Dinwiddie's best year in his career was when he almost single handedly dragged a rag-tag Brooklyn team to the playoffs.  I keep looking for signs that he will try to do too much and other than the first quarter of the Sacramento game, I've not seen it.  Very encouraging.

Can't disagree regarding Green's bad misses.  He's been an integral part of the rotation since the new guys started playing 8 games ago (7-1 since the DS/DB debut against Miami).  In that time Josh has averaged 18 minutes a game and has hit 45% of his 3's (only 1.4 attempts per game).

Edit:  BTW, apologies for the mini run Utah made in the fourth.  I made the mistake of looking at the standings before the game ended and the moment I did it I felt the ju ju shift.  Clearly my fault.
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Kammrath, Smitty
Like Reply
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2022/...-you-were/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hypermav's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Love those paywalls you can get around by simply switching off Java-Script in browser-console Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Halfnir's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
Maxi just looked really off tonight.  What was he out for the last couple of games?  He looked like he had no legs on his shot.  Even his foul shots at the end looked really flat.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 08:01 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: As far as the Mavs vs the Jazz, the whole thing depends on the pick and roll.   More directly, what happens when Gobert gets switched on Luka.  It appears the games are going to come down to that.   Who gets the better of the other.   It certainly feels the last five minutes it will be Luka vs Gobert.

I think the key will be to get Gobert out of the paint. I think playoff Luka can destroy him just as he did Zubac. I really like Luka is starting to "taking it personally", as he is at his best than. 

In order to achieve that Mavs shooters need to be at their best. Utah will try to pre switch before PnR to keep Gobert not directly involved in the PnR but roaming in the paint. If the shooters will be accurate, Gobert will have to get out of paint where he will be either destroyed by Luka or Luka will have all the space for his drives in the empty paint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
Trying to think this through...

We know UTA wants to limit Luka's drives in the lane, so they are using Gobert as either direct or help defender. Which is fine since, based on last night, Luka can force the switch higher and create room to operate. Especially if his outside shot is falling. 

Thing is, SD can do some of this as well, so if Gobert's rotations match Luka, then SD (and JB) should have room to operate with the UTA subs. Or am I simplifying too much here? 

If UTA wants to use Gobert for 40 minutes a night chasing perimeter guards, then he'll be toast by game 3.
Like Reply
(03-08-2022, 08:41 AM)Mapka Wrote: We won't catch the Grizz, they are just on a crazy run.

I can't think of a better situation than finishing 2/3 with the Grizz.  I feel like that would be the best chance to make it to conference finals.
[-] The following 2 users Like mvossman's post:
  • Arioch, Mavsfan12
Like Reply