Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bullock (-10, 12pts, 3 rbd, 2 blks)
0%
0 0%
DFS (+9, 14 pts, 9 rbd, 2 ast)
0%
0 0%
Luka (-5, 34 pts, 11 rbd, 2 ast, 2 stl, 9 TO)
0%
0 0%
Brunson (+5, 8 pts, 2 rbd, 5 ast)
0%
0 0%
Dinwiddie (+17, 24 pts, 4 rbd, 5 ast, 10-14 FG)
100.00%
33 100.00%
Bertans (+15, 7 pts, 3rbd, 1 blk)
0%
0 0%
Green (+12, 6 pts, 2 rbd, 2 blks)
0%
0 0%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 61 DIRKIE: Dinwiddie din-WINs-it (100%)
(02-27-2022, 10:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...4870402057

https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1498139027249188873
Chuck’s tweet: sorry to throw cold water on the celebration, but GSW were sans so much of what makes their team work, I hardly think this can qualify as a topping their biggest win of the season.

Great that they can win against a team in such fashion. The fashionable part should have never happened. Last year with the team they rolled out there, GSW were fighting to get into the playoffs. Let’s keep at least SOME perspective.
Like Reply
I have been pleasantly pleased with the play of DB, and more so of SD.  I see good effort from both of them.  I was in the trade KP camp...and I think it was the right way to go.  So....

My Dirkie goes to SD.  Looks like it is unanimous.  

To the poster who indicated they wanted to close the survey early--so it would be unanimous--I disagree.  Everyone should have the opportunity to vote.
Like Reply
(02-27-2022, 11:12 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Watching the Lakers Pelicans and the ESPN talking heads were recapping the Mavs win over the Warriors and the lady (Forgive me I have no idea who she is) said "Luka straight up took over in the 4th and led the Mavs to a win!"

This is why ESPN is garbage. They don't even watch the games.

Luka really did take over the last 5 minutes. He was a chump for 43 minutes but got to write the ending. SD though was the hero bringing the team off the deck while Luka was on the bench.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
I think it's been mentioned once already but Josh Green was a BIG part of the Mavs winning. Pleased with his continued development this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Smitty's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
(02-28-2022, 08:51 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Chuck’s tweet: sorry to throw cold water on the celebration, but GSW were sans so much of what makes their team work, I hardly think this can qualify as a topping their biggest win of the season.

Great that they can win against a team in such fashion. The fashionable part should have never happened. Last year with the team they rolled out there, GSW were fighting to get into the playoffs. Let’s keep at least SOME perspective.

I somewhat agree with you but the reason why GSW were fighting to get into the playoffs was because they didn't have a good roster.

They got rid of 2 of the biggest black holes on their team in Kelly Oubre Jr. and Kent Bazemore. They replaced them with solid guys like Bjelica and Otto Porter Jr. They got rid of their fringe young guys like Paschall and Smailagic and replaced them with two lottery talents in Kuminga and Moody.

That is a significant difference. Of course the Warriors were missing Green and Klay. That is why I think this win is a little hollow. No way do the Mavs come back with those two in the game.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-28-2022, 09:31 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Luka really did take over the last 5 minutes. He was a chump for 43 minutes but got to write the ending. SD though was the hero bringing the team off the deck while Luka was on the bench

I would say that Luka filled what the team needed in the last 5 minutes, rather than taking over. 

But that's just semantics to be honest. What I was peeved about ESPN in their recap of the game was that they didn't even mention Dinwiddie once in that initial. They just said the main story was Luka taking over implying he led the 21 point comeback. 

Later on they gave Dinwiddie his deserved praise. Again doesn't matter. Just trying to highlight how shit ESPN is.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-28-2022, 12:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I somewhat agree with you but the reason why GSW were fighting to get into the playoffs was because they didn't have a good roster.

They got rid of 2 of the biggest black holes on their team in Kelly Oubre Jr. and Kent Bazemore. They replaced them with solid guys like Bjelica and Otto Porter Jr. They got rid of their fringe young guys like Paschall and Smailagic and replaced them with two lottery talents in Kuminga and Moody.

That is a significant difference. Of course the Warriors were missing Green and Klay. That is why I think this win is a little hollow. No way do the Mavs come back with those two in the game.
So you agree with me. I’m excited for the win too, would love to get HCA in the playoffs. In terms of greatest win of the season, as Chuck is referring to it as, it’s overboard and unnecessary. It can still be a great win without having to make it out to be more than it is.
Like Reply
At about 7:30 of the 3rd quarter, Dal was down by 21. 19 minutes later they won by 6.

That's a great turn around regardless of the quality of opponent. Maybe not the best win this year, but it is fulfilling just the same.

I think the best takeaway is the impact SD and DB had. They didn't look too lost and were certainly productive additions, especially SD.
Like Reply