Poll: Who will win the game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pacers
0%
0 0%
Mavericks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 50: IND (18-33) @ DAL (29-21) | 105-132 WIN!
[Image: 1367082626.0.jpg]
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
I’m on vacation and almost forgot to get in, but hopefully the Mavs will be more focused than me during RC’s homecoming. Must win game.
[-] The following 2 users Like DrMav's post:
  • Paul Gasol, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Does anyone know what happened to Mark Followill?
Like Reply
Ntilikina is now 21/21 from the line for the year. What´s the most makes without a mess for a full season? How many games (and/or FT do you have to take) to be eligible for the NBA record.

Jinx successful. Confused
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 07:37 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: Does anyone know what happened to Mark Followill?

Covid protocols.
Like Reply
Porzingis plays defense like he wants back the top spot in the trade talk thread. Doesn´t stop/challenge any lay-ups/floaters from the guards, despite being fed good spots/angles by our players and gets abused by Sabonis craft and strength in one-on-one situations.
Like Reply
Beautiful end of the half

And good to see Brunson and Luka clicking offensively at the same time again. Both with 6 assists in the first half. Last game Luka had 15 and Brunson 11. 
Going to be so tough to beat if they can do that consistently
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jym's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I was ready to see another "hold'em under 100" stretch start
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
This version of Reggie Bullock means we shouldn't miss THJ at all.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, Tyler
Like Reply
Seems like everyone wanted to have a good game tonight. Really no complaints besides KP who is now out with a sore knee (again). I must say this team doesn't seem to skip a beat without KP. Though I will say that's not saying much against a really bad Pacers team. 

If this team puts up a 20+ point lead against a team like the Suns or Warriors without KP then that carries more weight.
Like Reply
Kidd taking no chances bringing back the first platoon.
Like Reply
Pacers are awful but I like Washington Jr..
Like Reply
Pinson for threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Tyler
Like Reply
Anyone notice Myles Turner's outfit tonight? Seems like he's happy to be back in Texas.

https://twitter.com/iamccards/status/148...7718282240
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
Brunson and Doncic combined for 20ast/2tov. With the improved half court defense the Mavs are unlikely to lose any games against bottom feeders as long as they aren´t making mistakes. Avoid life ball turnover. Don´t give up easy transition opportunities. Pacers, Thunder or Magic won´t beat the Mavs in a half court game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 03:44 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Brunson and Doncic combined for 20ast/2tov. With the improved half court defense the Mavs are unlikely to lose any games against bottom feeders as long as they aren´t making mistakes. Avoid life ball turnover. Don´t give up easy transition opportunities. Pacers, Thunder or Magic won´t beat the Mavs in a half court game.

Doncic and Brunson fit is amazing. Hope we keep Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • Mapka
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 09:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Seems like everyone wanted to have a good game tonight. Really no complaints besides KP who is now out with a sore knee (again). I must say this team doesn't seem to skip a beat without KP. Though I will say that's not saying much against a really bad Pacers team. 

If this team puts up a 20+ point lead against a team like the Suns or Warriors without KP then that carries more weight.

It looks like we don't miss a beat without KP...and THJ.  Don't get me wrong.  I have respect for both players, but I've been on the trade KP night train for a long time--because of the injury risk.  I like THJ's blazing personality and team spirit, but if we can get good value from a trade...so be it.
Like Reply
I mentioned Bullock and Powell in my last game post, but I will do it again.   We can't expect Bullock to shoot like that every night, but hopefully with the increased role we see more of those game over the 2 point games.   Just a really nice game last night.

As for Powell, Is he the perfect backup center?   Maybe some bigger centers will bully him and maybe if he needs to fill in for a starter, you may see some warts.  But as he is playing, is he a perfect backup and a core player?   I love how he is playing.  In fact, it has me thinking Powell is the perfect backup, but is KP the guy for this team?  Strange times.

I know this isn't a contender as is, but I will be really surprised if this team makes a big move at the trading deadline.  They are playing really well.  Lets see if they can continue to improve and then maybe that last move gets them to the finish line.

Really glad the Mavs did the think with Rick prior to the game.  Maybe it was time to move on, but he should always get a standing O here for the championship.   I don't blame him for the 10 plus years of no playoff wins either.....he was given bad hands for the most part.   Plus, with the weird Nelson relationships with Mark, Mark really needs to show respect to people like Rick for what he did here.   Really good to see.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 03:44 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Brunson and Doncic combined for 20ast/2tov. With the improved half court defense the Mavs are unlikely to lose any games against bottom feeders as long as they aren´t making mistakes. Avoid life ball turnover. Don´t give up easy transition opportunities. Pacers, Thunder or Magic won´t beat the Mavs in a half court game.

Agreed.  We've been taking care of business against weaker opponents since Brunson joined Luka as a starter at the beginning of the month.  We are 12-3 during that time.  The losses were bad @ NY, @ GS and home against PHO.  But, we also started to beat some playoff teams like DEN, GS, CHI, MEM (twice) and TOR.  That wasn't happening to start the season.  All of those wins were at home except one of the MEM wins.  So, we are doing what good teams do...1. winning at home and 2. beating bad teams.  

The Luka/Brunson together minutes are under performing the team at +3.5 Net this month.  But, I think we get less heliocentric "Luka-Ball" when the two of them are together.  The ball is moving more overall.  I used to get bored watching Luka pound the ball and loved the ball movement with the bench unit.  Now we are getting that kind of movement the entire game as a result of the second ball handler.

Pre-Kidd logic would dictate that Lineups with Powell and Green wouldn't work because of the lack of a three point shot both bring.  I'm loving the Bullock/Powell/Green bench lineups (+21.6 this month).  Powell/Green/Luka lineups have also been great at +22.5 and Powell/Bullock/Luka have been +36.8.

I think we found our best starting lineup.  It is certainly logical, but it feels like the net rating should be stronger than the 5.8 achieved during a total of only 90 minutes so far.  Blowouts tend to skew the numbers.  NBA.com has a lineups tool called Lineups Visuals.  It takes out some of the noise and shows a picture of lineup net ratings.  The current starting lineup is the fifth best of the most used lineups.  Interestingly, Powell and DFS are in all four of the lineups that are better than the starting unit and Powell, DFS and Bullock are in all of the top three.  That is entire season data, not just January.

For the second night in a row, Frank did just fine eating up some of Hardaway's minutes.  Please keep this up.

I'm soooo glad we replaced Willie with Chriss and aren't seeing Moses any more.  Chriss isn't perfect, but he fits what we do so much better than the others.  It took Chriss a few games to get acclimated, but in 12 appearances in January his TS% is .591 and O/D ratings are 113/101.  His per 36 during that time would be 19/11 points and boards.

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/lineup...on=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&MeasureType=Base
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 08:54 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I'm soooo glad we replaced Willie with Chriss and aren't seeing Moses any more.  Chriss isn't perfect, but he fits what we do so much better than the others.  It took Chriss a few games to get acclimated, but in 12 appearances in January his TS% is .591 and O/D ratings are 113/101.  His per 36 during that time would be 19/11 points and boards.

I cannot explain my jubilation when we finally got rid of WCS for Chriss. It's a breath of fresh air on the first day of spring. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply