Poll: Who elevated their game to lead the Mavs to victory?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kleber (+11. 15 pts, 14 rbd, 1 ast, 1 blk 3-5 from 3)
13.33%
4 13.33%
Brunson (+13, 13 pts, 2 rbd, 8 ast)
0%
0 0%
Luka (+34, 30 pts, 6 rbd, 12 ast, 2 blks 1stl)
36.67%
11 36.67%
Powell (+13, 10 pts, 3 rbd, 2 stls, 2 blks)
0%
0 0%
Bullock (+21, 23 pts, 3 rbd, 1 stl)
46.67%
14 46.67%
Green (+10, 12 pts, 1 rbd, 3 ast, 4-6 shooting)
0%
0 0%
Pinson (-3, 3 pts, 100% shooting)
0%
0 0%
God-King DFS (5 points didn't make a 3 you should definitely vote Josh Green)
3.33%
1 3.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 50 DIRKIE: Bullock drains it! (47%)
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...9322420226
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1487612048515162115
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Pinson perfect from the field and perfect from three.

God King was +27 and doesn't make the poll.  Haters!
Like Reply
Really tough choice between Kleber and Bullock, as they were both great. But the tiebreaker goes to the birthday boy.
Like Reply
(01-29-2022, 09:26 PM)cow Wrote: God King was +27 and doesn't make the poll.  Haters!
Like Reply
If Bullock joins our group of players who have stepped up it would be so great. We shall see.
Like Reply
Luka/Brunson tandem, yet again. Impossible to scheme for.

Bullock was fantastic taking advantage of the space Luka and Brunson provide. He also deserves it. If he keeps shoots like this, Mavs have a chance at something special this season.
Like Reply
Luka did his normal workmanlike performance.  Normal!  Workmanlike!  Damn...we expect a lot.  Bullock is finally doing what he should have been doing all along.  Good performance though.  And Maxi did what I think he can, and should, be doing all along as well.  My Dirkie to Maxi.

How to choose between players sometimes?  I don't know.  It's a crap shoot...
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 08:04 AM)ballsrchr Wrote: Luka did his normal workmanlike performance.  Normal!  Workmanlike!  Damn...we expect a lot.  Bullock is finally doing what he should have been doing all along.  Good performance though.  And Maxi did what I think he can, and should, be doing all along as well.  My Dirkie to Maxi.

How to choose between players sometimes?  I don't know.  It's a crap shoot...

If the question is "who elevated their game the most", it is Bullock and it isn't close.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 09:01 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If the question is "who elevated their game the most", it is Bullock and it isn't close.

You can take that question to mean whatever you want. As in "who rose their game above normal expectations", or "who was the games MVP." You can also just vote for whoever like a certain resident bovine...

In any case it doesn't matter, there are no rules and the points don't matter.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 09:46 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: You can take that question to mean whatever you want. As in "who rose their game above normal expectations", or "who was the games MVP." You can also just vote for whoever like a certain resident bovine...

In any case it doesn't matter, there are no rules and the points don't matter.

I don't mean to be argumentative (and this is a stupid subject to argue over), but the sentence in the poll lists a specific criteria.  The word "elevated" has a meaning.  If we all get to do whatever we want, then why try to define the award in a specific way.  If "elevated" is to be ignored, then maybe the sentence in the poll should read "hey, who did you guys 'like the most' in this particular game".
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 10:04 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't mean to be argumentative (and this is a stupid subject to argue over), but the sentence in the poll lists a specific criteria.  The word "elevated" has a meaning.  If we all get to do whatever we want, then why try to define the award in a specific way.  If "elevated" is to be ignored, then maybe the sentence in the poll should read "hey, who did you guys 'like the most' in this particular game".

On the one hand, words matter and you're correct. The phrase "who elevated their game" has always been used and the award itself was to reward role players for stepping up, since Dirk always showed up hence "dirkie". 

On the other hand, it's not that deep and who am I to say "you must vote in this particular way or else the true meaning of the award is lost" 

Live look of me debating with myself on changing the wording of the poll: [Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 10:04 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't mean to be argumentative (and this is a stupid subject to argue over), but the sentence in the poll lists a specific criteria.  The word "elevated" has a meaning.  If we all get to do whatever we want, then why try to define the award in a specific way.  If "elevated" is to be ignored, then maybe the sentence in the poll should read "hey, who did you guys 'like the most' in this particular game".

In that sense it could also be Chriss or Green for this game? I guess for me it would be more fun to vote for the game MVP that contributed most to winning the game for the team. Elevated, I agree if that is what the poll is based on, than its another criteria than the game MVP. But then we are probably often voting for players with small contributions to the game (if their regular is quiet less than that).

Usually I always vote for game MVP, but I could from on state the explanation that i actually mean the game MVP. I was not aware that the poll is who elevated their game the most compared to their average performance.
Like Reply
I don’t know what some of you were watching. Luka was spectacular last night. One of if not the best game I’ve seen from him this season. He’s a man reborn, especially on defense. If Luka keeps up the solid defensive play, it’s going to make team building so much easier. And one other note, Josh is turning into a nice little player. Maybe Bob was right about him, though, I know that pick wasn’t really the issue.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • burekemde, KillerLeft
Like Reply

Sorry, Dan, but words don't have meanings.

Okay, maybe they do have meanings, but it's up to each individual to determine for themselves what that meaning is.

Kinda like the Bible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply
Just rename the award to the Doe-Doe and only ever have God King as the poll option.  Problem solved and no more infighting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 01:01 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I don’t know what some of you were watching. Luka was spectacular last night. One of if not the best game I’ve seen from him this season. He’s a man reborn, especially on defense. If Luka keeps up the solid defensive play, it’s going to make team building so much easier. And one other note, Josh is turning into a nice little player. Maybe Bob was right about him, though, I know that pick wasn’t really the issue.

Agreed. If a 12 to 1 assist to turnover ratio and 44.4% shooting from three on 9 attempts doesn't represent elevation for Luka's game (for this season, at least) then I don't know what does. My dude was killing it out there last night.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 01:01 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: I don’t know what some of you were watching. Luka was spectacular last night. One of if not the best game I’ve seen from him this season. He’s a man reborn, especially on defense. If Luka keeps up the solid defensive play, it’s going to make team building so much easier. And one other note, Josh is turning into a nice little player. Maybe Bob was right about him, though, I know that pick wasn’t really the issue.

Agree, Luka is playing elite defense, ever since he came back from his injury and stopped limping.

Having Brunson in lineup to take some of the offensive load also enables Luka to play that elite defense that we know he can do when fresh. When he played sloppy defense previously it was due to too much offensive load and/or injury.
Like Reply
(01-30-2022, 09:01 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: If the question is "who elevated their game the most", it is Bullock and it isn't close.

I understand what the question is--and we all get to have our own opinion...
Like Reply

Yeah you do.  But...I don't care.  Have a good night.  I'm going to...
Like Reply