Poll: Do you listen to Sam Presti's base offer or do you hang up the phone?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I listen as I might be willing to trade Luka for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander + 8 future 1st round picks (3 in 2023, 3 in 2024, 2 in 2025).
21.05%
4 21.05%
I hang up the phone.
78.95%
15 78.95%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you listen to Sam Presti's offer?
I take it back. It’s quite plausible that Presti would be the one laughing and hanging up the phone.  SGA is a legit stud.
Like Reply
(12-29-2021, 09:49 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Ya know, it doesn't have to be this mutually exclusive situation by where the Mavs either have Luka or boatload of draft assets.  For the most part, Presti accumulated all those by simply not being a shitty GM.  He just kept churning cap space for terrible contracts/usable players + picks.  Then, once the contracts became less onerous, he would deal those for terrible contracts/usable players + picks.  Rinse and repeat.  I mean outside of Paul George, he wasn't dealing a player in their prime.

The Mavs totally could be sitting here with Luka AND 8 FRPs right now.  They also could've passed on THJ, Bullock, etc, last offseason, auctioned off their cap space, with an eye toward hitting a home run two years from now instead of a couple of infield singles.  But, alas, that's what forward thinking organizations do.

So if this trade comes to pass Cuban needs to come out, admit he's Ross Perot Jr. and that he's trading his transcendent player (ala Jason Kidd) simply to make up for letting the "Frank Zaccaneli's" of the world run his team into the ground.

Presti's patience is the antithesis of Mark Cuban, but at some point can you be too patient?  I'm sure he can always flip those picks to spread them out more evenly but the perfect scenario for all those assets may never arrive.  It will be curious to see if he can build a title contender going this route and how long OKC is willing to stomach a bottom feeder.   I'd still lean more towards patience than Cuban's YOLO mindset as I do think the odds are much better of Luka asking out of the organization rather than him being a lifer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • hakeemfaan
Like Reply
Don't do the Ainge hold onto picks until they are useless...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply