Poll: How much do you like Dwight Powell?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
F**** that overpaid
38.78%
19 38.78%
Only love
24.49%
12 24.49%
Best player if all time
2.04%
1 2.04%
Pure Diamond
12.24%
6 12.24%
j0n!
22.45%
11 22.45%
Total 49 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Diamond Powell! All Things Dwight - Act V Broken Wings
(11-08-2019, 11:29 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Powell stunk tonight!

He was cursed tonite. 

A blood diamond. 

LIFT THE CURSE KAMM. LIFT IT. 
AWARD JJ HIS DIRKIE.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:31 PM)Mak Wrote:

He was cursed tonite. 

A blood diamond. 

AWARD JJ HIS DIRKIE.

You cursed him. You stole his nickname and gave it to Delon.
Like Reply
(11-08-2019, 11:33 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-08-2019, 11:31 PM)Mak Wrote:

He was cursed tonite. 

A blood diamond. 

AWARD JJ HIS DIRKIE.

You cursed him. You stole his nickname and gave it to Delon.

Nah, Delon had already joined the Diamond Club this summer. 

His official membership papers can be found by contacting the President of the Diamond Club. 

The donaghy Dirkie is haunting the entire team. THE NIX DAMN IT THE NIX.
Like Reply
Powell needs to come of the bench and be the first to sub in.
Like Reply
Dwight Powell is not a good defender he is a good offensive pick and roll energy player but he gets abused by moderately gifted Power Forwards

I always felt like in order for us to be good we need to get better at that Power Forward position and we need a few more athletic bully type bigs.

I
Like Reply
A missed layup, no points, not much impact at all. An amazing rim runner, though. LOL
Like Reply
Not a good shooter, not a good rebounder, not a good defender. Only good thing is finishing at the rim, but most centers in the league can do this when paired with Luka. We can't win if he's starting. Trade him for a starter. One that can rebound and defend at least. Or move him to the bench unit.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-17-2019, 11:26 AM)JamesConway Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]
Looks like Powell help defense with a guard driving to the rim on his left.
Like Reply
Glad to see Kleber starting with 38 min. Powell was under 20 which is what you need most nights. Dumb that he was extended but it is what it is I guess. Powell is fine as a backup but majorly exposed as a starter. I thought the starting lineup of Curry/Kleber finally clicked last night. I expect to see that lineup run out some more. I still think Brunson would be a better option over Curry but maybe not if Curry starts to get in a groove.
Like Reply
I think DP's performance this year pretty much affirms most people's opinions coming in right? He's solid against other teams' backups, which tended to inflate his advanced stats, but not really a reliable starter.
Like Reply
Doesn't Powell usually get going around the All-Star break and finishes the season strong?...if so that will help us fight for playoff seeding...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
He definitely hasn't found his place yet, but I think the idea of Powell as a starter will be out to rest soon as he doesn't mesh that well with Porzingis yet.

Powell probably is best suited as 6th/7th man.
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 01:07 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Doesn't Powell usually get going around the All-Star break and finishes the season strong?...if so that will help us fight for playoff seeding...

He turns into a great 3-point shooter post allstar break.

2018: 27% --> 44%
2019: 24% --> 40%
Like Reply
Relax guys Powell is just warming up. If you watch the Mavs you know he starts to get cooking just before All Star break and then looks like a super hero afterwards.

Love me some Powell but he hasn't looked that good just yet. He hasn't played that many games yet and is still finding his place in this new offense so hopefully he will pick it up quickly. I think he is missing those plays from JJ that helped him get going.
Like Reply
The lack of production for the minutes he’s playing is pretty impressive.
Like Reply
Not ready to write Powell off yet, but Maxi for sure needs to start and play around 30 mpg
Like Reply
(11-18-2019, 04:52 PM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Relax guys Powell is just warming up. If you watch the Mavs you know he starts to get cooking just before All Star break and then looks like a super hero afterwards.

How does that make for a good player...not to mention starter? It's a bit frustrating when he does get it going (this all started with Chandler Parsons) that his performance as a whole isn't taken into account.
Like Reply
Why Carlisle keeps rotating Maxi/Powell starts is beyond me. Powell has been awful. Maxi makes winning basketball plays. I don't buy the line that Carlisle is playing "matchups" - that would only make sense if Powell and Maxi both played well. Clearly that is not the case.

My hope is that finally there's enough ample evidence to let Maxi do Maxi things in the starting lineup and let Powell settle in as the 6th man which he has been successful at in previous seasons. I also think not having JJB out there has hurt him as JJB excelled at getting him the ball. On defense Powell is a zero but he can still be a productive player out there. His team defense is better than his on-ball defense. That's why you need him out there with other backups.
Like Reply
(11-19-2019, 01:28 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Why Carlisle keeps rotating Maxi/Powell starts is beyond me. Powell has been awful. Maxi makes winning basketball plays. I don't buy the line that Carlisle is playing "matchups" - that would only make sense if Powell and Maxi both played well. Clearly that is not the case.

My hope is that finally there's enough ample evidence to let Maxi do Maxi things in the starting lineup and let Powell settle in as the 6th man which he has been successful at in previous seasons. I also think not having JJB out there has hurt him as JJB excelled at getting him the ball. On defense Powell is a zero but he can still be a productive player out there. His team defense is better than his on-ball defense. That's why you need him out there with other backups.

He's probably trying to get Powell going. If he's able to do so it helps the team.
Like Reply