Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
24 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
6 20.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss | NBA admits missed call
Big test for KP. Interior defense and rebounding will be crucial. So far the Lakers struggled to shoot from 3 (except for Green). Maxi on AD and KP controlling the paint is probably the best option.

Howard has been incredible so far but he does not like to leave the paint. That´s KPs big advantage. Force them to stretch the floor.
Like Reply
Lakers are huge, Bron, AD, McGee, and DH.  Don't see the Mavs controlling the boards. They better make their shots.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 08:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Big test for KP. Interior defense and rebounding will be crucial. So far the Lakers struggled to shoot from 3 (except for Green). Maxi on AD and KP controlling the paint is probably the best option.

Howard has been incredible so far but he does not like to leave the paint. That´s KPs big advantage. Force them to stretch the floor.

You mean Davis, don't you?
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 01:33 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 08:48 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Big test for KP. Interior defense and rebounding will be crucial. So far the Lakers struggled to shoot from 3 (except for Green). Maxi on AD and KP controlling the paint is probably the best option.

Davis being great is a given but Howard is really good so far. 20 minutes a night with an incredible on/off of +43. 122 o-rating, 90 d-rating.
His minutes are limited but he dominates the paint on both ends when he is on the floor.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 05:55 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 01:33 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote:

Davis being great is a given but Howard is really good so far. 20 minutes a night with an incredible on/off of +43. 122 o-rating, 90 d-rating.
His minutes are limited but he dominates the paint on both ends when he is on the floor.

Dwight Howard and Javale McGee is an underrated double dose inside.  Lakers have the most stacked roster in the league IMO, top to bottom. 
Luka and KP have to step up in the head to head with Lebron and AD.  Won't be able to get away with bad games from the stars here.  

Then the rest of the Mav's have to beat the rest of the Lakers to have a chance to win.  Its a tall order.
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 09:56 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I will be there to witness the beat down of the Lakers... Cool
In all the years, since 1981, the victories over the Lakers are the most fun games to be at. Harassing Magic when he for some reason was still on the floor (interviews I suppose) after we beat them in game 6 of the Western Conference finals remains an all time personal highlight. They almost always are gifted with one or more players that are really fun to beat!

PS. Derek Harper beating the Lakers with last second threes is among the best reasons I will always love D Harp!
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
My mom took me to Love Field in 1988 to welcome the Mavs back to Dallas after losing to the Lakers in the WCF. I was just a kid but I still remember Sam Perkins in his full length fur coat. It was awesome.
Like Reply
Would be a huge win for us of we can beat them tonight.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 11:22 AM)Mavericks321 Wrote: Would be a huge win for us of we can beat them tonight.

It's tomorrow night. Wink
Like Reply
We haven't even seen the Mavs on two days of rest. Look at how good we've been on one day of rest. Look at how good we are playing 4 games in 7 nights. Watch out Lakers... 

The world has yet to see what the 2019 Mavs can do on two days rest!
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 10:46 AM)Reunion Mav Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 09:56 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I will be there to witness the beat down of the Lakers... Cool
In all the years, since 1981, the victories over the Lakers are the most fun games to be at. Harassing Magic when he for some reason was still on the floor (interviews I suppose) after we beat them in game 6 of the Western Conference finals remains an all time personal highlight. They almost always are gifted with one or more players that are really fun to beat!

PS. Derek Harper beating the Lakers with last second threes is among the best reasons I will always love D Harp!
I loved the Reunion Rowdy days...Beat LA was an epic chant I remember back then that is still used today...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 11:40 AM)fifteenth Wrote: We haven't even seen the Mavs on two days of rest. Look at how good we've been on one day of rest. Look at how good we are playing 4 games in 7 nights. Watch out Lakers... 

The world has yet to see what the 2019 Mavs can do on two days rest!

That's true, but I could make use of daily Mavs games Smile.

As I have repeatedly said: Guys were super tired in the 2nd half / 4th quarters. Especially Luka and Zinger. They can make good use of the rest. 2 days are plenty and enough for pro athletes, 1 day rest ist difficult but manageable, b2b is pure drain and needs good lineup management.

For all of you who like to complain about lineups:
Since Carlisle is the coach of the Mavs he mixes and plays an almost exhaustive number of different lineup combinations until Christmas. He usually tinkers up until the all-star break. He likes to test, then he knows what works how and is the reason why he is so good at ingame adjustments: He knows his teams.

The last years the problem was a lack of continuity of rosters + lack of talent.

He can be stubborn but no need to rage when he tinkers, he does it every season.

Ah and Luka needs to reduce his gaming habbits
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...4987976705

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1189958993961259012
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Davis has already been complaining about his shoulder.  He was only cleared to play right before the Memphis game and went to the locker room in the 2nd quarter to get 're-taped'.

Don't see him being very durable, much like he was in NOLA.
Like Reply
For whatever reason it always seems like we get the Lakers on or around Halloween. Davis is going to be a handful as always but I think our depth will see us through. We just have to hope Danny Green doesn't do to us what he used to in his Spurs days. 

Its not the sexiest approach but the way shots were falling the other night in Denver I would like to see them attack the Lakers from the mid-range early and often in this one. Nothing is going to come easy at the rim with their shot blocking but Jackson's giant-killer floaters could prove very useful in this one. Maybe we could even see a little run out of JJ to that effect.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1189958993961259012

https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1189982386228023297

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...5904067584

https://twitter.com/NickVanExit/status/1...5349832704
Like Reply
If they win this one, I'm on board the hype train.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 05:44 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: If they win this one, I'm on board the hype train.

Choo choo!

Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
https://youtu.be/WHq9RYQpm2A
Like Reply
(10-30-2019, 12:21 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I think the last game helped to establish that we need a PG starting next to Luka. 
I'd prefer Wright but you could talk me into Brunson

Followill mentioned on the radio this morning that Wright told the media that he prefers coming off the bench. Feels more comfortable in that role b/c he doesn't have to defer as much to Luka/KP.
Like Reply