Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
NBA TRADE TALK: TDL over
(08-10-2021, 11:55 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Has anyone every hated a player as much as @"Branduil" hates Simmons? 

It's approaching @"IamDougieFresh" Dwight Powell levels. I'm loving this!
It's one thing to be a bad NBA player, there are plenty of those. It's another thing to believe you're an NBA superstar and entitled to all that that implies while refusing to work on your game or dunk open shots in the playoffs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Branduil's post:
  • ClutchDirk, Scott41theMavs, TXBamanut
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 03:43 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Anyone want to take a shot at BPA b/n these 4?

Seems obvious that Mavs would only be interested in Siakam or McCollum, does anyone disagree?

I think based on the play of the LAST season/playoffs:

1a) Siakam 
1b) Simmons (his playoff shooting funk is the only reason he is here for me)
3) McCollum
4) KP (his shooting was good and his best, but his impact was horrible, unlike the rest of these guys)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DallasBasketball
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 10:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think based on the play of the LAST season/playoffs:

1a) Siakam 
1b) Simmons (his playoff shooting funk is the only reason he is here for me)
3) McCollum
4) KP (his shooting was good and his best, but his impact was horrible, unlike the rest of these guys)

Appreciate the feedback, I honestly felt like I couldn’t answer that myself! 

You have KP at #4, can you see a path to him becoming #1?
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
I have them ranked as 

1. Simmons - All NBA talent
2. KP - Franchise player, if healthy
3. Siakam - All Star talent, 1.5 years older than KP and has played 46 more games in his career
4. McCollum - All Star talent but below Siakam due to size / positional value

I don't knock KP for last year's playoffs at all. The series was determined by matchups and the Mavs tried to junk up the games. In my mind, the biggest question with KP is can he stay healthy. I'm less concerned about his defense coming off surgery ... unless his knees are permanently shot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes vfromlmf's post:
  • DallasBasketball
Like Reply
I have to rank KP last as I'd happily accept any of those guys in exchange for KP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
[Image: E8bthuqX0AAvl8c?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(08-10-2021, 03:43 PM)DallasBasketball Wrote: Highest Ceiling
1./2. Simmons/Kristaps
3. Siakam
4. McCollum

Best Player available
1. Siakam
2. Simmons
3. KP (until he shows his 23 ppg, 9 rpg, 2 bpg self, then he'll be on top of this list!!!)
4. McCollum

Largest fall from grace
1. Kristaps
2. Simmons
3. McCollum
4. Siakam

Anyone want to take a shot at BPA b/n these 4?

Seems obvious that Mavs would only be interested in Siakam or McCollum, does anyone disagree?

New theory, KP was just faking it to get the MIP award next year!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasBasketball
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1425500426552631299
Like Reply
Quote:The Golden State Warriors, San Antonio Spurs and Minnesota Timberwolves are among the teams who have discussed a trade for Ben Simmons with varying degrees of interest, sources tell Zach Lowe of ESPN.

The 76ers haven't progressed far with a trade of Simmons as they likely view him as their path to a trade for Damian Lillard.
Like Reply
That's the trouble ... Morey wants to use Simmons to get a better player. 

Since Ben is probably a top 30 player in the league that means Morey is shopping among a very select few guys, and Lillard may be the only one who's even potentially gettable. Personally I don't put Beal in the same tier with Dame, but most other people probably do. Unfortunately Beal isn't likely gettable either, at least until October when he either signs an extension or doesn't.

It's the smart thing for Morey to do since the team who receives the best player usually wins the trade. That said, if the situation continues to deteriorate the Sixers may be forced to either play Simmons or simply accept a top 80 player plus assets. That would open the door to deals involving guys like KP, Siakam, McCollum and a bunch of other guys.
[-] The following 2 users Like vfromlmf's post:
  • Dahlsim, DallasBasketball
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 01:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: if the situation continues to deteriorate the Sixers may be forced to either play Simmons or simply accept a top 80 player plus assets. That would open the door to deals involving guys like KP, Siakam, McCollum and a bunch of other guys.

It feels like it has already gotten to that point with Ben Simmons's actions. But maybe it hasn't.

It feels like Ben has publicly tanked his trade value in such a way that the public push back against a GM could be huge if he traded for him. Image POR fans getting Simmons (with his current reputation) in return for Lillard.
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 01:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Image POR fans getting Simmons (with his current reputation) in return for Lillard.

Well it would be Simmons + assets but I agree that would be a terrible idea for Portland... unless Dame publicly demands a trade, which it seems he's unlikely to do, unless Portland doesn't change the roster, which brings us back to McCollum ... and Siakam and KP.
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 01:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: It feels like it has already gotten to that point with Ben Simmons's actions. But maybe it hasn't.

It feels like Ben has publicly tanked his trade value in such a way that the public push back against a GM could be huge if he traded for him. Image POR fans getting Simmons (with his current reputation) in return for Lillard.

Morey was crazy with his ask when it was just Simmons with his huge contract and unwillingness to shoot.   Add in the very public and ugly divorce and Simmons should not return the likes of Lillard unless Portland is getting picks attached to the trade.
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 01:21 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: That's the trouble ... Morey wants to use Simmons to get a better player. 

Since Ben is probably a top 30 player in the league that means Morey is shopping among a very select few guys, and Lillard may be the only one who's even potentially gettable. Personally I don't put Beal in the same tier with Dame, but most other people probably do. Unfortunately Beal isn't likely gettable either, at least until October when he either signs an extension or doesn't.

It's the smart thing for Morey to do since the team who receives the best player usually wins the trade. That said, if the situation continues to deteriorate the Sixers may be forced to either play Simmons or simply accept a top 80 player plus assets. That would open the door to deals involving guys like KP, Siakam, McCollum and a bunch of other guys.

Teams have been forced  by players in these situations only because they won't take a stand. 

This is not a 1 year to go or even 2 year to go situation like Anthony Davis or even a later in career James Harden situation.  Simmons is still under the fat contract that was given him only because of being with the team that drafted him. 
Morey could also simply take a stand against the Klutch cabal and let Simmons sit out or whatever he decides to do that completely dishonors his contract.   He's under contract for the next 4 years. 

It may sound crazy because it would take steel cajones to do the long term stare down with a Klutch star, but fact is Simmons is locked into 4 years.  I would treat it as if Simmons has a season ending injury, let him give all that money back and run my team without him. 

The reason it makes some sense to hold the line is because Philadelphia is not going to win any rings anyway if they don't get a real star back in place of Simmons or if they trade away their young talent + futures Assets + Simmons in order to get in a Damien Lillard or the like.  

They won't be good enough to beat Brooklyn or Milwaukee and may not be good enough to beat Miami or Atlanta just to make it out of the East!   So in a sense they have nothing to lose if they refuse to accept a bath on Ben Simmons.   

Its a game of chicken and I understand that there probably won't be a team willing to do it but imo that's what an NBA ownership and GM needs to do with players they won't honor their contracts.  

Let him sit 1 year and see how he feels the next year.  Even putting the millions of Dame Dollas aside he and Klutch will be giving away, does he want to sit out from 25 till he's almost 30?   It would never happen.  Klutch and Lebron themselves will go out and find the Sixers a deal before that ends.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...6893237255
Like Reply
76ers receive Jason Kidd and Trey Burke.  Mavericks receive Doc Rivers and Seth Curry.
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 05:05 PM)cow Wrote: 76ers receive Jason Kidd and Trey Burke.  Mavericks receive Doc Rivers and Seth Curry.

It's pretty challenging to make our coaching situation even worse, but leave it to you to come up with a pathway.
[-] The following 4 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, embellisher, F Gump
Like Reply
(08-11-2021, 05:11 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: It's pretty challenging to make our coaching situation even worse, but leave it to you to come up with a pathway.

I don't love Doc but he is 10x the coach that Kidd is.  I just want Curry back.
  • jesusshuttlesworth82
Like Reply
Sixers: 
Lillard

Blazers: 
KP
Simmons
Powell
Plus all of the sixers FRP’s

Mavs:
McCollum 
Maxey
Covington
Like Reply
Zero chance in hell Lillard gets traded for Simmons.
Like Reply