Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021-2022 AROUND the NBA: GSW Champs [ARCHIVED]
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...2969563136
Like Reply
I thought this was interesting. Surprised to see Ayton higher than Gobert on this list, though I suppose one could argue it's the result of the offensive system PHX runs and how much the ball goes through Paul and Booker. 

https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1531472697204518912?s=20&t=ARR-6P98YmRXr9KHnG9W4Q
Like Reply
(1) Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Cleveland Cavaliers are hiring Luke Walton as an assistant coach, sources tell ESPN. Walton joins JB Bickerstaff's coaching staff after spending five-plus years as head coach of the Lakers and Kings. Walton spent his final two seasons as a player with Cleveland a decade ago." / Twitter
Like Reply
(05-30-2022, 12:01 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I find the tweet a bit misleading. Celtics aren't being coached by Brad Stevens anymore who was the main reason why the Celtics were always good against the Warriors.

Lets see what Udoka has though.

At this point, Udoka has got them further than Stevens ever did in his first year.   I think what he has done after a piss-poor start has been quite impressive especially on the defensive side of the ball.  No 1 defense  in the association.
Like Reply
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-cel...ns-pacers/
Like Reply
(05-31-2022, 02:24 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: At this point, Udoka has got them further than Stevens ever did in his first year.   I think what he has done after a piss-poor start has been quite impressive especially on the defensive side of the ball.  No 1 defense  in the association.

That's fair. I also think Stevens managed to do way more with less, especially at the beginning of his coaching career. I mean hell he took Isaiah Thomas and turned him into an MVP candidate. The last few years of his career his teams were plagued with injuries and Kyrie. 

I think he recognized the talent in the locker room and that they've tuned him out. So kudos to him for stepping down and allowing them to blossom.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-31-2022, 10:04 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...0626929664

This shoot down of NY's chances at Mitchell based on "But MIA can make a better offer" is worthless IMO, because it assumes every team is going to do whatever they can to get every available player, and that's never the case. Is MIA at all interested in Mitchell, with his max salary? Would they really be willing to offer multiple picks? They already have invested quite heavily in their guard rotation (Lowry and Butler), and have quite a bit of talent coming through the ranks.
Like Reply
https://www.si.com/nba/clippers/news/nic...h-clippers

Quote:Batum was asked on a recent stream which team he wants to finish his career with, and said in French, "Ty Lue saved my life, so I'll stay with T-Lue unless they kick me out. He saved my career."
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3401...ources-say
Like Reply
Would love to have Batum at the MLE if something changes. But sounds like that's still a dead end.

Wonder if there's another "Batum" out there, a skilled veteran who needs a team.
Like Reply
(05-31-2022, 10:58 PM)F Gump Wrote: Would love to have Batum at the MLE if something changes. But sounds like that's still a dead end.

Wonder if there's another "Batum" out there, a skilled veteran who needs a team.

Thaddeus Young
Like Reply
(06-01-2022, 02:55 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Thaddeus Young

Good option. Although there are rumors Toronto would try to use him in a SnT for a big contract like Gobert. He might also be more expensive than rMLE. 

Another name, pending if he will be able to play next season - Joe Ingles. I think Mavs need a couple of vets like that. Guys who can play, but you only use them in a limited role. I would definitely replace Burke and Brown with something like Dragic and Ingles. 

I also like SloMo Anderson. It seems Memphis is not willing to resign him. Smart player who knows his role. 

Prince, Lamb, Bjelica are some other interesting names, imho.
Like Reply
NBA Rumors: Pistons Are Expected To Use Their Cap Space To Acquire An "Impact Player", Collin Sexton And Deandre Ayton Among The Targets (msn.com)
Like Reply
Do you S&T Brunson + #26 to Detroit for Saddiq Bey + #5 ? 

DONCIC          DINWIDDIE
THJ    
DFS                BULLOCK
BEY                KLEBER/BERTANS
UFA C             POWELL/KLEBER
Like Reply
(06-01-2022, 11:51 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Do you S&T Brunson + #26 to Detroit for Saddiq Bey + #5 ? 

THJ    

There's no reason for Detroit to do that. If they get a commitment from JB, they would just sign him.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, StepBackJay
Like Reply
(06-01-2022, 11:51 AM)vfromlmf Wrote: Do you S&T Brunson + #26 to Detroit for Saddiq Bey + #5 ? 

THJ    

Why would they trade Bey when he's one of their building blocks? They want to add more talent like Brunson or Ayton.
Like Reply
(06-01-2022, 05:16 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Why would they trade Bey when he's one of their building blocks

Frees them up to add two impact players rather than one
Like Reply
It's not really a decision for the Mavs to make.

To do a SNT to DET, Brunson has to decide that's the place and the deal he wants ....then DET has to decide they will make that offer, rather than sign him outright ...and if you are the Mavs in that situation, you obviously say yes (with the alternative being to lose him for nothing).
Like Reply
Brunson can sign Detroit's offer for a less money but it would be financially advantageous to cooperate to get a bigger deal. Of course, trading Brunson for anything assumes he's not in the Mavs plans, but I don't think that's right. I already posted the obvious answer to offseason. You resign Brunson in Dallas, reintegrate THJ and add a center at $6 mill or less.
Like Reply
(06-01-2022, 05:38 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Brunson can sign Detroit's offer for a less money but it would be financially advantageous to cooperate to get a bigger deal.

You are aware that DET's contractual limits with Brunson are the same whether he signs outright or arrives via sign-and-trade, yes? If you're just envisioning them clearing some cap room, there are way more desirable (and likely) ways for them to expand their cap room than to give up a high draft pick or Bey. And if they were intent on giving up those assets, either could easily be sold at any time, for draft pick or picks in return that count $0 cap, and cash that counts $0 cap, anytime they wanted.
Like Reply