• 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021-2022 ROSTER TALK: [ARCHIVED]
don't get triggered  don't get triggered  don't get triggered 

Oh wait, did I say that outloud?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 10:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I would put DFS in a deal for Ben Simmons, if that was real. Simmons would be an improvement to DFS in some key DFS areas, and Philly is supposedly interested in DeAndre Hunter, so we know they want a replacement for those areas of Simmons' game.

[Image: no-deal-nope.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 10:50 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: no-deal-nope.gif]

That's fair, sir. I know you have a healthy, accurate and in no way hyperbolized view of what the great DFS brings to the table, so you're probably right to question the idea. I was simply demonstrating that I would trade the great one in a deal that I deemed worthy.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 10:37 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: [Image: the-office-steve-carell.gif]

My @"Mak" gif!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk
Like Reply
I'd trade DFS for prime Dirk
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 2 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • ClutchDirk, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 10:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: My @Mak gif!!!

Yes, and that should make alarm bells go off inside your head. 

Get on the right side of history with this DFS thing, my guy. There's still time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 10:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: That's fair, sir. I know you have a healthy, accurate and in no way hyperbolized view of what the great DFS brings to the table, so you're probably right to question the idea. I was simply demonstrating that I would trade the great one in a deal that I deemed worthy.

Why give up our best 3PT shooter for someone who will not pull the trigger?

(01-13-2022, 10:55 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I'd trade DFS for prime Dirk

[Image: 617o1r.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth
Like Reply
Thanks for laughs...you guys are funny...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1481855765174697987

[Image: FJCa7eAaUAAtnUM?format=png&name=large]
Like Reply
20 million for Brunson?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:03 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Thanks for laughs...you guys are funny...

Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? Like I amuse you?
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 4 users Like fifteenth's post:
  • cow, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:30 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? Like I amuse you?

[Image: 200.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:29 AM)cow Wrote: 20 million for Brunson?

[Image: giphy.gif]

Then you better trade him to NYK or PHI. I am fine with either, depending on the return.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:32 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Then you better trade him to NYK or PHI. I am fine with either, depending on the return.

That's about 5 million more than I was expecting and I thought that was already expensive.  I don't *hate* it in a vacuum but it really underscores our need to get rid of one of THJ/KP if not both.  Locking this team as-is means we'd better become amazing at mid-to-late round drafting and picking up veterans.
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:35 AM)cow Wrote: Locking this team as-is

Would be a horrible decision.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:22 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/CBAMavs/status/1481855765174697987

[Image: FJCa7eAaUAAtnUM?format=png&name=large]

That´s what it takes. Lakers, Warriors, Bucks and Nets are paying it. If Cuban wants to win he will do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:39 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s what it takes. Lakers, Warriors, Bucks and Nets are paying it. If Cuban wants to win he will do it.

You really think this current roster is worth paying the tax for?
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:39 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: That´s what it takes. Lakers, Warriors, Bucks and Nets are paying it. If Cuban wants to win he will do it.

Steph, Klay, Dray, Wiggins (who was KD)
Bron, AD...throw in Westbrook this year which was a gigantic blunder.
Giannis, Kris, Jrue
Luka and a bunch overpaid guys.

The tax is okay if you have your core and can contend.  That's not the Mavericks.  I'd argue Jalen is the closest thing you have to a #2 since KP only plays in 60% of your games and Jalen has some pretty obvious limitations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(01-14-2022, 12:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: You really think this current roster is worth paying the tax for?

I don´t think the Mavs will get there if they continue to lose talent because they refuse to pay the tax. Money is a competitive advantage. If Cuban isn´t up for it the Mavs are in a difficult situation.
Easiest example. The Mavs have a TPE. If the tax isn´t an issue this could be a great opportunity to add assets. If it is TPE or Brunson/DFS it is not worth it.
Like Reply
For the potential DFS/Jalen contract extensions, I just ask myself how easy is that contract going to be to move.  

DFS at 12 million seems in line with a RoCO/Smart.   His skillset is always in need and that modest of a contract seems highly moveable and something you could get a return on.

Brunson at 20 million.  I'd hate to lose him, especially for nothing.  Throwing out expiring that puts him in the class of Lonzo, VanVleet, Jarrett Allen, Grant, Brogdon and our very own THJ.  I'd really only pick Brunson over THJ from those names.
Like Reply