Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
2021-2022 ROSTER TALK: [ARCHIVED]
Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland. Toronto was also mentioned by several league personnel as a team to keep an eye on for Turner's services. The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:50 PM)Tyler Wrote: So for the sake of argument -- DFS/Powell for Turner? 

Carlisle gets two of his favorite system guys and Dallas nets a really good 2-way frontcourt rotation of KP/Turner/Maxi while managing long-term salary obligations.

I can't see them wanting Powell with Sabonis.  I'm afraid it would have to be Maxi.  If the trade Maxi/DFS for Turner I will not be pleased.  I actually think I would prefer keeping DFS to Brunson if it came down to a choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Orlando is said to be asking for first-round picks in return for each of Terrence Ross, Gary Harris and Mo Bamba. Rival teams are optimistic those prices may drop to two second-rounders, as the Magic ultimately accepted for Evan Fournier last deadline.
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:55 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
Myles Turner appears the likeliest Indiana player to be traded before the deadline, with a list of suitors that includes Dallas, Minnesota, New York, Sacramento, Charlotte and Portland. Toronto was also mentioned by several league personnel as a team to keep an eye on for Turner's services. The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.

If the fundamental basis of the deal were DFS for Turner, they'd better give ***us*** first round picks, or no deal. And I would still hate it.

I'm dead serious, the number of guys in the league for which I would be willing to trade DFS probably fits on a single hand. Like, for example, Ja Morant, maybe. Rudy Gobert if he were on a smaller contract. 

He's a winner. He's the type of player you do. Not. Trade.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:59 PM)mvossman Wrote: I can't see them wanting Powell with Sabonis.  I'm afraid it would have to be Maxi.  If the trade Maxi/DFS for Turner I will not be pleased.  I actually think I would prefer keeping DFS to Brunson if it came down to a choice.
Powell as Sabonis backup is just fine. They have a good amount of wings there and Sabonis is big enough to take on the big, bigs of the league giving DFS the ability to play PF a lot easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:59 PM)mvossman Wrote: If the trade Maxi/DFS for Turner I will not be pleased.

Agreed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:55 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The Pacers' asking price is said to include multiple first-round picks.

[Image: AnimatedThisBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • ClutchDirk, fifteenth, ItsGoTime, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:59 PM)mvossman Wrote: If the trade Maxi/DFS for Turner I will not be pleased.
That is a salary match, but I would be wanting an asset back if this is the deal. I might accept this if they insist on both MK and DFS:

MK/DFS/DP/WCS for MT/Lamb/Goga/lottery protected first for 2 years then unprotected

We get off the DP and WCS contracts (DP the player is still good, just not worth the contract), give 1 extra player away to sign Chriss (or use the TPE for Favors/Theis). 

This is all predicated on what I thought I remember there being a health issue with MT not being the case.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 01:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: AnimatedThisBlackrussianterrier-size_restricted.gif]

We are still in the insane demands part of the season. Apparently Simmons price is going up. Not down. Let´s wait a few weeks. Deadlines make deals. I guess the 76er could waste a full season but I am not sure if Embiid would like that.
Pacers situation is different but it´s pretty obvious that Turner is done with the organization. He only has one year left on his contract. They won´t get better offers in the summer or next season when he is just a large expiring.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:59 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Orlando is said to be asking for first-round picks in return for each of Terrence Ross, Gary Harris and Mo Bamba. Rival teams are optimistic those prices may drop to two second-rounders, as the Magic ultimately accepted for Evan Fournier last deadline.

So that is six second round picks for Ross, Harris and Bamba.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a3f3f777958332cf18...y.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
I guess the Mavs should consider a DFS trade. Mavs want three firsts. Rival GMs are optimistic that the price will drop to two firsts.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 02:12 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: So that is six second round picks for Ross, Harris and Bamba.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a3f3f777958332cf18...y.gif&ct=g]

I would need to be given assets to take on Harris or Ross contracts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 02:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: I guess the Mavs should consider a DFS trade. Mavs want three firsts. Rival GMs are optimistic that the price will drop to two firsts.

I assume if MT is "worth" "multiple firsts" on the market, then DFS should be as well. So a straight swap should then be fair.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 02:50 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I assume if MT is "worth" "multiple firsts" on the market, then DFS should be as well. So a straight swap should then be fair.

No deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 02:54 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: No deal.

Of course, you could reject such a deal....but I think such a deal is at least in the realm of "reasonable."
Like Reply
Somehow I think Schroder will end up being a Mav.
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 01:06 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Powell as Sabonis backup is just fine. They have a good amount of wings there and Sabonis is big enough to take on the big, bigs of the league giving DFS the ability to play PF a lot easier.

My mind had not really gone there as I was in the “surely they will want Maxi” camp.  But, this could make sense.  I’m a little worried Indy might want more.  As much as we like DFS, he is a flight risk.  Unfortunately, he’s a flight risk for Indy also.  So, I’m not sure he’s as much of an asset as we’d like to think.  We definitely won’t be getting picks back.

Part of the reason some/many of us are willing to trade off THJ is we have Bullock, Frank and Green who could absorb those minutes.  DFS is a unique two position player and there isn’t anyone like him on the roster.  So, there is a presumption he’s irreplaceable.  But, if you have a big rotation of Turner, KP and Maxi (with Chriss backing all of them up), then the need for a 3/4 is lessened and a pure 3 could then potentially do something similar to what DFS does…’strictly as a 3’.  

BTW, I know that won’t be popular, but I see some appeal in having two really high level bigs in KP and Turner with a really solid backup and two really high level scoring guards.  From there, you just run some combination of wings alongside some combination of bigs and scoring guards (but at least one of KP/MT and one of LD/JB on at all times).  I can see the logic even if it would be a soul killing trauma to see DFS leave.

A couple of agent notes.  DFS is represented by Michael Tellem who switched to Excel in November.  Powell has long been an Excel guy.  Turner is represented by Duffy.  Probably the biggest thing about all the Turner noise is getting him somewhere that Duffy can leverage his next big contract.  Excel reps Kidd, so moving DFS to Indy might get him a bigger deal than he might get here.  While I opine on all of these rumors, the one I’m taking most seriously so far is some version of Turner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 03:23 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: but I see some appeal in having two really high level bigs in KP and Turner with a really solid backup and two really high level scoring guards.

Ignoring any fit issue on defense I just don´t think that would work. Turner is trying to get out of Indiana because he wants to play a more featured role on offense. KP voiced similar concerns last season. Don´t see how that is going to work with both on the same team.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • fifteenth, mvossman
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 03:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Of course, you could reject such a deal....but I think such a deal is at least in the realm of "reasonable."

PUT YOUR GLASSES ON KAMM THE MAN CLEARLY WROTE NO DEAL KAMM SO THE CONVERSATION IS OVER KAMM NO DEAL KAMM CASE CLOSED KAMM SHUT UP ABOUT DFS
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(01-13-2022, 12:20 PM)Tyler Wrote: I feel like we’re being prepared for a DFS/Turner trade.

yuck

that'd probably send me into a basketball sabbatical
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply