Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (9-9) @ TOR (10-9) | 100-105 loss | Mavs 1-6 on the road
(11-26-2022, 08:06 PM)cow Wrote: Luka made shitty passes. Green made stupid fouls.  Dorian made stupid turnovers.  Maxi stupidly passed up open shots.  Wood played soft against a very touch team.

Play your best players from the jump and good things will happen.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 08:17 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Play your best players from the jump and good things will happen.

Eventually Din, Powell, Bullock, THJ and company will check into the game.
Like Reply
Luka had a good game. Not GOAT worthy but definitely all star level. He scored 24 points with good efficiency, had 9 assists, and led the team in rebounds.  That should beat a decent team missing its two best players. 

The real problem was that Reggie probably had the game in his hands a couple of times with open looks and missed and then passed on a somewhat open look that he needed to take at the end because he has no confidence (for good reason). Nico’s big pickup for last season seems to have reached the end of the line. That was a one year signing. Role players deteriorate fast in the NBA.  

Oh, and THJ continues to shit the bed.  He was supposed to “replace” JB, but just had four points while going 0-3 from the three.  The team is broken. Kidd is stubborn, but it’s on him to shake things up now.  Change the starting lineup and get Hardy a rotation spot seems like the best bet. If he can’t do that then we may need to look for a new coach.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Not into hiding line-ups.

Not into players that take until Post All-Star break to find a rhythm.

Not into experimenting for 41 games at the expense of wins.

Not into the excuse of "the player fits our scheme" and the player cant dribble, catch a pass or shoot.

Not into our starting line-up.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 08:19 PM)cow Wrote: Eventually Din, Powell, Bullock, THJ and company will check into the game.

Spencer and (I can’t believe I’m saying this) Dwight are fine. THJ and Bullock need to see the rotation get switched up to light a fire under their rumps.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
Don't worry guys.  Kidd will make an adjustment.  He'll start McGee tomorrow.  Look for Bullock and THJ to hoist minimum 15 shots total.  Their offense has been terrific.

Bullock for the season is shooting 30% from the field and 28% from 3

THJ for the season is shooting 31% from the field and 29% from 3

Why is Bullock averaging 29 minutes a game and THJ averaging 24 minutes a game?

Zero accountability from the Mavs coaching staff
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs03's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
And yes, Hardy deserves a chance. At least there is evidence to that he can throw the ball in the hoop.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BasketballJones41
Like Reply
Blow it up. That includes the head coach, the GM, and the owner
Like Reply
Im not interested in this heavy minute line-ups we use.  Couldnt care less if we swept everyone and won the Title.

Team is boring.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dynamicalVoid's post:
  • donzingis38
Like Reply
Couldn’t watch the game but the box score shows me this is more of the same. Also lol at McGees -7 in 6 minutes.

I consider myself a level headed and patient person but I also don’t feel crazy saying you could simply remove Hardaway/Bullock/McGee from the roster without replacing them with a single thing and we would have better results by playing Frank and letting Hardy and Dorsey fight for the scraps. Oh, and playing our second best offensive player might help.

I am on the record saying someone should tell Kidd it’s better to win 125-120 than to lose 105-100. He is trying to force an identity that doesn’t match his roster and he needs to wake up. You have a walking double double that you’re playing 23 minutes in a game where you barely break the 100 mark, just like scoring 97 when he played 17 minutes. I saw some comments about Woods play not being too great in his minutes tonight but if you’re going to lose games can you please do it because your best players are still trying to figure out how to play together instead of because your best players are on the bench while you watch your pet players build a house out there? It’s beyond absurd at this point.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 08:59 PM)dynamicalVoid Wrote: Im not interested in this heavy minute line-ups we use.  Couldnt care less if we swept everyone and won the Title.

Team is boring.

This I agree. As much as I love Luka, I can't stand watching this type of basketball anymore. We need more creators.

I'm probably gonna take a break from this team til I see some changes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes donzingis38's post:
  • dynamicalVoid
Like Reply
I can’t believe how bad Hardaway and Bullock have been.  Add McGee too and I wonder how you could pick three players you wanted to sign who could be this bad?  I guess Facu was bad tonight too.  This front office has a talent.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
This team is done. Time to join Team Tank...get that Top-10 draft pick.

Kidd can do whatever he thinks is right, it doesn't matter. He can play his vets big minutes and at this point, I hope he does. It's just going to lead us to the bottom of the standings and that protected pick.
Like Reply
(11-26-2022, 11:33 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: This team is done. Time to join Team Tank...get that Top-10 draft pick.

Kidd can do whatever he thinks is right, it doesn't matter. He can play his vets big minutes and at this point, I hope he does. It's just going to lead us to the bottom of the standings and that protected pick.

I bet they´d botch the tank, too. You need to finish 9th or worse to feel comfortable keeping the pick. Say there comes a moment the Blazers, Jazz, Mavs find themselves in 9th, 10th, 11th in January. Who do you think would be willing to make a decisive quick decision to tank? Cry 

All these dumb mofos had to do in 2017, when they had the worst record in the whole league in January, was stay the course. And IF Cuban actually allowed Carlisle or Nelson to make the pick, we end up with Tatum or Markkanen. Yes we sacrificed a chance at Tatum/Doncic (that is literally Jordan/Pippen 2.0), cause so many wanted to WINNING CULTURE from LAST PLACE. Those are the kind of decisions this fanbase justified for so long.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Paul Gasol, RasheedsBigWhiteSpot
Like Reply