Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-03-2021, 02:53 PM)JamesConway Wrote: https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/statu...03396?s=21

Interesting game of chess being played. With max raises, that only starts at 21.5M. But it's a really big total number guaranteed, and more than any other team can put on the table in total. Having the ROFR where he can't simply walk elsewhere, ATL might bet he won't take the QO, and just sit and wait.
Like Reply
Lonzo Ball. Had high hopes for more on ball duties in Chicago. Now they have signed Caruso. Traded for DeRozan. Already had Lavine and White.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:02 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hmmm Derozan going to the Bulls and Thad Young and future first going to the Spurs.

3 year 85 million for Derozan.

Well so either the Bulls keep Markkanen now, or they´ll definitely need a replacement, maybe even two. Can we just do Kleber/Powell for Markkanen and then add Nance Jr. with the TPE.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9582379012
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:03 PM)Kammrath Wrote: AND the Bulls management are idiots. Wow. That team is going to be an abomination of weird pieces.

But they landed a big fish and proved that they're better at free agency than the Mavs. That's what's important!
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Lonzo Ball. Had high hopes for more on ball duties in Chicago. Now they have signed Caruso. Traded for DeRozan. Already had Lavine and White.

Well I mean Lavine is shooting 40% from three with the tightest coverage in the league. They might just turn him into Klay Thompson and he shoots 45% from three, while Ball and DeRozan become the primary ball handlers. White is the guy I just don´t see a role for. That 38th pick PG is also dead in the water. Could be added to a Chicago deal.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422650517847789577
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:06 PM)fifteenth Wrote: But they landed a big fish and proved that they're better at free agency than the Mavs. That's what's important!

Well they clearly proved that. Only a moron would argue otherwise.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422651234209648640
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:05 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Thanks, df. Honestly, I don't think you owe me an apology. Your beef is with the Mavs not me. I'm not going to lie, I definately let myself get triggered! But that's no excuse. Again, sorry about aiming my frustration at you.

It can be difficult to differentiate between personal attacks and general frustration. I did not want to spoil the experience for anyone but probably lashed out a few times when I should have tried to formulate my opinion in a more constructive way. Maybe you are right and others felt the same way. Can only say that my posts did not adress any of the posters. If it came across like that I am sorry. As you mentioned. All about my frustration with the Mavs.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1422651403131105282
Like Reply
Luka when he sees what the rest of the league has done and realizes all Mark and Nico got him was Reggie Bullock

[Image: tenor.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Dova's post:
  • HAguiar95, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It can be difficult to differentiate between personal attacks and general frustration. I did not want to spoil the experience for anyone but probably lashed out a few times when I should have tried to formulate my opinion in a more constructive way. Maybe you are right and others felt the same way. Can only say that my posts did not adress any of the posters. If it came across like that I am sorry. As you mentioned. All about my frustration with the Mavs.

Jesus stop apologizing. 15 acts like a dick with snarky remarks plenty of times. He just thinks, if you make snarky remarks  from a high horse position, it´s fine as long as you have a positive attitude toward all things Mavericks. Only a problem if it comes with a negative opinion about the MBT, that´s bad.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:11 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Well they clearly proved that. Only a moron would argue otherwise.

I know you like DeMar. We'll see how it works. He would have been awful for the Mavs in the playoffs. Unplayable with Luka in crunch time. Maybe he'll work for the Bulls.
Like Reply
This roster gonna get Jason Kidd fired in two years
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Jesus stop apologizing. 15 acts like a dick with snarky remarks plenty of times. He just thinks, if you make snarky remarks  from a high horse position, it´s fine as long as you have a positive attitude toward all things Mavericks. Only a problem if it comes with a negative opinion about the MBT, that´s bad.

feel free to think I'm a jerk, I don't care

But the part in bold is not true at all.
Like Reply
(08-03-2021, 03:15 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Jesus stop apologizing. 15 acts like a dick with snarky remarks plenty of times. He just thinks, if you make snarky remarks  from a high horse position, it´s fine as long as you have a positive attitude toward all things Mavericks. Only a problem if it comes with a negative opinion about the MBT, that´s bad.

You might want to take a break for a while.
[-] The following 5 users Like mvossman's post:
  • audiosway, bin610, KillerLeft, Mavsdemon, StrandedOnBeauboisHill
Like Reply
About Dragic ...

If it's true (rather than posturing) that DAL doesn't want him at 19M, and TOR doesn't want to write a 19M check, then there's still another avenue.

Right now, whether they write a 19M check as a buyout, or keep him, the 19M is sunk cost for TOR. They're currently stuck with that expense. 

So perhaps the THREE sides are playing hardball over how much of a giveback Dragic will give, that the Mavs would then replace after a buyout. In practice, we usually see a buyout in which the team pays all or almost all of the contract followed by a minimum salary paid by a new team -- but it doesn't have to be that. And in theory, Dallas can swap the Bullock acquisition into their TPE, and then have up to the full MLE to replace any Dragic salary gives back.

Even if they can, however, Mavs probably won't prefer to do that. They'd rather keep their TPE and ALSO have a much smaller salary to pay GD.

So perhaps the wait is because Duffy is in the middle, trying to hammer out a deal of some sort that everyone can live with, even if they don't like it.
[-] The following 4 users Like F Gump's post:
  • AgGiE1991, DanSchwartzgan, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
$85M fully guaranteed for 32 year old Demar DeRozan over 3 years + giving up a 1st to do so, when you already owe picks in the next few years is a brain-dead move. They must be terrified of LaVine leaving.

Lol wuuut

15th has had negative opinions on the MBT over many years, they’re just going to come with more patience and logic
[-] The following 5 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • Arioch, audiosway, fifteenth, KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
This the Cato update that I paraphrased earlier:

https://twitter.com/kirkseriousface/stat...03206?s=21

https://twitter.com/devnowitzki/status/1...66502?s=21
[-] The following 2 users Like VintagePejav2's post:
  • Hypermav, KillerLeft
Like Reply