Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(06-28-2021, 10:44 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Fish actually (no joke) has an article up that seems (I couldn't bring myself to read it) like it explains how the Mavs can carve out room to sign Lowry AND DeRozan. 

He has been running the same play for so, so long.

Ha...we still got weeks until free agency starts so he will have plenty of time to throw out every possible trade out there, so in time when we sign Danny Green and sign and trade Pat Beverly he can say "you heard it here first on DB.com"
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:10 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Just want to throw this out here Mike Fisher style:

Sources tell me the Mavs are going for something BIG this offseason... Big fishing perhaps? I'm sure you've all heard the news that Damian Lillard is suddenly unhappy in Portland. If you've been keeping up with our fantastic reporters here at db.com you'd have already known this by now and the certain Mavs angle that we covered here (*insert link to a donut article about 12 dame to DAL trade ideas).

Well what if I said the Mavs are going for more? Yes I mean Damian Lillard AND Kawhi Leonard! 

*End Scene*

OK anyways, is that even possible? Lets get as pipe dreamy as we can here. Lets say the Mavs pull it off somehow and get Dame. Is there a scenario where the Mavs can carve out Kawhi space?

Forgot to say EXCLUSIVE multiple times
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 10:44 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Fish actually (no joke) has an article up that seems (I couldn't bring myself to read it) like it explains how the Mavs can carve out room to sign Lowry AND DeRozan. 

I think the Spurs have shown interest in KP in the past.  You could simply S&T KP for DeRozan.  Then you have ~40 in space.  You could possibly sign Lowry and Holmes.  You would have the crazy starting lineup Holmes/DeRozan/DFS/Luka/Lowry.  The bench would be Powell/Maxi/Green/Burke/Brunson, and you would have a couple of exceptions to improve that.  Probably more likely than the crazy Dame theories.
Like Reply

Yuck. No thanks. And you are spot on that He's been playing that game forever.
We didn't make the cut but thanks for all the support!
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 12:14 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The following list is taken from hoopshype.

Tank Commander

LOL
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 01:32 AM)SamStetz Wrote: I think it’s be fun to have DSJ back (Burke would have to go but most of us would probably take DSJ over him anyway)

I believe there was a conversation on Discord about the possibility of DSJ coming back before Rick quit. I like it even more now with Kidd. 

I thought DSJ really showed some maturity asking to go to the G league to play and work on his game. I think he finally learned he has to put the work in and he looked really solid in Detroit at times to end the year. 

Sign me up big time.
Like Reply
Would you guys want DSJ if he'd never been a Mav?
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 07:01 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Would you guys want DSJ if he'd never been a Mav?
As a cheap reserve guard, he would definitely have been on my radar as a reclamation project regardless of where he was drafted
Like Reply
DSJ still has promise somewhere as a project. He can't shoot which is a problem in the NBA. Mavs don't have any room for more projects. We have our hands full with Green and Terry both getting NBA paychecks. Everyone else on the active roster needs to be able to play a role on the team.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 07:01 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Would you guys want DSJ if he'd never been a Mav?
Short answer, no.

Long answer, yes.
Like Reply
How about Cameron Payne? You know, the guy we could have likely gotten a lot cheaper coming out of the Legends.
Like Reply

Not really. His only strength is athelticism. His BBall IQ is very low, he is not a good shooter and he is not a lock down defender. So far in his career he didn't improve any of his weaknesses while his athleticism is burdened by constant injuries. If I would be looking for a bad offensive player but excellent defender I would choose a proven reclamation project like Ntilikina or Dunn. If I would be looking for a good offensive guy but average defender I already have Brunson or even Terry. I just don't think there is place for DSJ on a contender. At this stage I would rather take a flier on a 2nd round pick or a limited vet from Europe who can play.
Like Reply
I submit that no one would bring up DSJ had he not been a Mav
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 09:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I submit that no one would bring up DSJ had he not been a Mav

Hard to tell from my PM's with @"ItsGoTime", but you might be right!
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 09:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hard to tell from my pms with @"ItsGoTime", but you might be right!
Haha, you have pms.

Sorry, low hanging fruit.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 09:27 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Haha, you have pms.

He has PRS
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 09:29 PM)fifteenth Wrote: He has PRS
Dang, I was hoping for the tee up I served. I am long in the tooth after all!
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 09:09 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I submit that no one would bring up DSJ had he not been a Mav

I'm all for any athletic guard. So if I had seen a former lottery pick that had a solid rookie and 2nd year but has bounced around of late and has struggled, I'd be interested in that athletic guard. Sort of the same logic why I'm interested in Zach Collins. 

He's going to be super cheap for sure. We need to upgrade our athleticism at the guard position. 

I'm always in on reclamation projects tho sooooooo
Like Reply

I like Fish and it makes me sad to see him roasted here. I’m not complaining. And I do see the humor. But I like the guy, and I enjoy his stuff.
Like Reply
(06-28-2021, 11:13 PM)Jommybone Wrote: I like Fish and it makes me sad to see him roasted here. I’m not complaining. And I do see the humor. But I like the guy, and I enjoy his stuff.

I like fish and do not like it roasted.   Seriously, it is for entertainment purposes and sometimes they have some decent ideas.  Seems like Stein or Woj break the "real" news.
Like Reply