Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA: Eugene Omoruyi signs two-way w/ DAL | 6'5.25" no shoes, 7'1.25" wingspan
I was listening to the game on mute but the announcers said he spoke to some scouts about Omoroyi and they mentioned the names Draymond Green and PJ Tucker as potential comparisons.  I would throw out the Draymond Green comparisons.    The PJ Tucker comparisons could be better.  It took Tucker years to make a mark in the NBA.    

I think for Omoroyi you will get a better idea about him when he plays with real NBA players when you get no plays run for you.   How do you make an impact when you very rarely have the ball?  Hollinger made a tweet about him about kicking himself for not having him in his top 70 and how he thought he had a chance.   

Body type, he sort of reminds me of Brandon Bass.  Maybe more skilled, but maybe not as physical.    I would like to see him get more than 2 rebounds today after being killed on the boards, but he looks to have a pretty good feel for the game.   

https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...7033800705
Like Reply
Jeez, Tucker? Draymond!?!

I’ll be thrilled if he’s Sterling Brown
Like Reply
We need a big physical defender who can add mass to the equation. Our team is long but very skinny, and it shows badly against certain elite players. 

But I realize this guy is a long way from the nba. Good to have him in our farm system tho.
Thank you Donnie.
Like Reply
Great pickup...there's definitely a lot to like. I think he will be one of the better defenders on the roster, even though he will probably be in the G-League for 1-2 years. The age doesn't matter, when you're a late 2nd rounder or undrafted, you just want to find prospects who you think could end up sticking in the league and contributing.

He's a modern day PF with his strength and wingspan. It's all gonna depend on his 3-pt shooting, which he hasn't really shot well so far but he did last year at Oregon so the potential is there. He has some ball-handling and playmaking skills.

The body types are a little different but I think he could be like peak James Johnson in Miami
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/14...7371602949
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 09:48 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Jeez, Tucker? Draymond!?!

I’ll be thrilled if he’s Sterling Brown

Yeah, it is a stretch for sure.   Draymond isn't going to happen.   I have heard Omoruyi mention PJ as a guy he wants to model his game after.   That is a great career to try to model your game to.  Will it happen?  Probably not.

Tucker did bounce around overseas for about 5 years until he broke through in the NBA.    I love hearing about those stories as not everyone has a straight path to NBA success.
Like Reply