Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
2021 FREE AGENCY: Markkanen wants out of CHI | DAL "definitely interested"
(08-14-2021, 12:59 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Time to move on. The Simmons topic is polarizing and right now it looks like we won´t find some kind of middle ground. I don´t think any of us has brought up anything new in the last couple of days. We had the same discussion in a thread that was dedicated to the topic just a few weeks ago.
And just like Mavs2021 mentioned. Mavs don´t have the assets to trade for him anyway.

Edit: Found the thread

https://www.mavsboard.com/showthread.php?tid=1050
We need more draft picks to grease wheels. The hardball negotiations from Nico are a welcome sight. Max out what we have. What about a Redick sign and trade to Brooklyn for a 2nd? What about taking on a bad contract into the TPE to add a future 1st?
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 02:34 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: What about a Redick sign and trade to Brooklyn for a 2nd?

In his podcast Redick mentioned that he will take his time. Will make a decision in the next 2-3 month. Won´t be on any training camp roster or play in the preseason. Don´t think a sign&trade is an option.
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 02:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: In his podcast Redick mentioned that he will take his time. Will make a decision in the next 2-3 month. Won´t be on any training camp roster or play in the preseason. Don´t think a sign&trade is an option.

Is Oct 1st considered 2-3 months from now?  Is being traded after camp opens considered not being on a training camp roster?  How long of a plane ride is it from Toronto to Brooklyn to see your kid (answer…an hour and a half).
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 02:56 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Is Oct 1st considered 2-3 months from now?  Is being traded after camp opens considered not being on a training camp roster?  How long of a plane ride is it from Toronto to Brooklyn to see your kid (answer…an hour and a half).
Can his salary be used for matching in a Dragic trade? 

i.e. 
Raps: Powell, Terry, Nets 2nd
Nets: Redick at $3.5 million 
Mavs: Dragic

I didn’t think that’s legal, but Toronto would probably welcome taking back less salary
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 03:56 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Can his salary be used for matching in a Dragic trade? 

i.e. 

I didn’t think that’s legal, but Toronto would probably welcome taking back less salary
Well, now that the Nets have the Dinwiddie TPE they should be able to take in a player via S&T right?
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 04:23 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Well, now that the Nets have the Dinwiddie TPE they should be able to take in a player via S&T right?

Sure, if they are under the tax afterwarts.
Like Reply
So a TPE still has the same hard cap implications for taking a player in via S&T that trade matching would...darn
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 04:32 PM)SamStetz Wrote: So a TPE still has the same hard cap implications for taking a player in via S&T that trade matching would...darn

Note, a team may only acquire a veteran free agent through a sign-and-trade if, after the transaction is completed (and at all times thereafter for that salary cap year), the team’s team salary is less than the tax level plus the tax apron.

By the way, I don´t think the Mavs plan to trade for Dragic.
Like Reply
(08-14-2021, 03:56 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Can his salary be used for matching in a Dragic trade? 

i.e. 

Yes, Dallas can use Redick as outgoing salary in a trade.

No, not to Brooklyn.  That wasn’t my suggestion.  I was suggesting he’d be able to catch a 90 minute flight from Toronto to one of the NY airports on off days.
Like Reply
Thought JJ was set on Brooklyn, presumably as a merry minimum. Guessing he’s changed his tune because Dallas has asked him to hold on to see if there’s a trade-facilitating-pay-day opportunity for him. He said “contender.” So who are the contenders that could take on a sign and trade? And what do they have to offer the Mavs?
Like Reply