Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
11 91.67%
Cavaliers
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 6: DAL (4-2) @ CLE (2-4) | 131-111 win | 3-0 on the road since 10-11
Let's all bask in the wonderful awesomeness that Porzingas has a "meh" night where he didn't play particularly well, and he puts up 18 points (67% from 3), 9 rebounds and 6 blocks...
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
Bullets:
  • Good win. Honestly got a little nervous in the third when the Mavs seemed unable to pull away. But in the end they took care of business like a good team has to.
  • The key run in the third was sparked by Luka, which had another incredible night. 29/14/15, just OMG numbers. Efficient shooting, 6-6 from the line, razzmatazz hop skiddley-doo.
  • KP's stat line looks fine, but he still is completely out of sync and doesn't look to play within the flow of the offense at all. All he gets is post touches, which stop the ball movement. That's too much iso "New York" KP for my taste. Mavs must do better there.
  • That said, another big game for KP defensively with six blocks. Honest question: Will we see a point, rebound, block tripe double from him this year?
  • Delon Wright was big in the second half. Many key plays on both ends. Just a quiet contributor and winning player. I think he found his groove and will only get better going forward.
  • Brunson had a good stat line as well, but I still feel like he's a little wasted next to Luka in the starting unit. But they way Luka plays right now it's hard for others to get touches anyway.
  • THJ is such a mixed bag. He had decent plays to the basket and is a good spot-up shooter. But then he mixes in airballs and his bullshit low percentage pull-ups that drive you crazy. Everyone hoping that he would deliver a 6th man "Jason Terry" like season should maybe lower expectations.
  • Curry can shoot, Powell is still a bit rusty. That one layup he blow was Shaqtin a Fool material. Boban is fun.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 09:52 PM)TXBamanut Wrote: Let's all bask in the wonderful awesomeness that Porzingas has a "meh" night where he didn't play particularly well, and he puts up 18 points (67% from 3), 9 rebounds and 6 blocks...

Wasn't a meh night to me.

He rebounds great the past games and is making a strong impact on D. Especially with his blocks.

Was a solid and relaxed win from start to finish. Score doesn't tell the whole story. It was never a close game.

Such a huge gap in ability.

Observing their body language and teamplay was great to see and everything had pointed to a comfortable win.
Like Reply
Good win. All this team needs is to be able to close out games. We did it well tonight. No matter who the opponent is, we need to learn it make it one of traits of the team.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 10:02 PM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: Good win. All this team needs is to be able to close out games. We did it well tonight. No matter who the opponent is, we need to learn it make it one of traits of the team.

Isn’t it like 6am in Turkey right now? Lol but yeah I agree, we did do well “tonight”!

Great win. Lots of good stuff happened, even if the opponent wasn’t necessarily great.
Like Reply
4:20 in Germany
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 10:20 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: 4:20 in Germany

https://youtu.be/fzRvMylDVi8
Like Reply
Kristapps is #2 in the NBA in blocks with 2.7 right now...  Yes!

Luka is 9th in scoring, 13th in rebounding and 3rd in assists and 4th in efficiency.
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
All in all Carlisle is doing a great job so far this season.

I like Brunson starting better. I also like Luka off the ball early in the game. He is comfortable anyway so it's fine if brunson gets some possessions next to him.

I liked their play from start to finish.

To be honest I totally focus on how they play with results being 2nd.
Like Reply
This was a good win for us. Cavs played us soft and we were able to catch a break from physical play. I think that was much needed. We were steady all game and had many key contributors. 

On another note, the two times I’ve seen Luka was 1. His career high 35 against the Cavs and 2. His 11th triple double. It was awesome to see in person.
Like Reply
  • DFS has been better than expected this season.
  • THJ has been as bad as expected this season.
  • Wright is inconsistent, sometimes invisible but can change the momentum of a game on both ends.
  • KP is very passive on offense, but a big difference-maker on defense.
  • Luka is already playing at an MVP level, but he definitely needs some help so he doesn't have to carry the team all the time. Hopefully KP will become more aggressive as he gets used to playing team basketball for the first time in his career.
I'm still mad that Mavs didn't even try to get Brogdon. He's looking like an all-star this year, he would have been the perfect 3rd star and outlet for Luka. Hopefully not a mistake that comes back to haunt the Mavs.
Like Reply
Thanks,Mavs ! I sleep better after a W !!
This is a new team , it's a nice surprise to see them playing so well that early ! Luka is magic !
Like Reply
quoting doesn't work for me with this new design, so I will try it this way.

"KP's stat line looks fine, but he still is completely out of sync and doesn't look to play within the flow of the offense at all. All he gets is post touches, which stop the ball movement. That's too much iso "New York" KP for my taste. Mavs must do better there."

One thing I noticed - defense took extra care of KP, which resulted in more open looks for teammates and they delivered. Last season we could only dream for Luka to get 15 assists, because they were not able to.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:03 PM)Thukydides Wrote: It's a must win, but I seriously fear a loss. After such a intensive, hyped up game it's very hard to focus again and take care of business. Especially Luka seems to struggle with that. Let's hope we are so much better than them and those things don't matter.

Oh my.. that post of mine didn´t age well. Luka is something else.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 11:01 PM)Branduil Wrote: KP is very passive on offense

I've seen this take in different forms by different people. I'm not seeing it. What is he supposed to do being a non-ball handler? Is it not the job of the ball handler to get a player like KP involved? The coach to recognize him not getting the ball and call plays for him? KP can demand the ball from his ball handlers, that would be the only course of action he can pursue, but that might have the added chance of ruffling feathers (I get it though, the greats do this).

In this thread there were at least 2 call outs on Brunson for driving instead of giving KP the ball in the post. The ball is taken to the opposite side of the court as KP much of the time. Not sure how he's supposed to "assert" himself when he's not given the opportunity. Please help me understand your (by "your" I mean all those who share this opinion, not just Branduil) point of view on this?
Like Reply
https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/video/team...03-2868628

Kid complemented Luka and then said they did a really good job on him.  What should Luka's numbers have been if they did a bad job on him? Smile
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 09:56 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Bullets:

KP's stat line looks fine, but he still is completely out of sync and doesn't look to play within the flow of the offense at all. All he gets is post touches, which stop the ball movement. That's too much iso "New York" KP for my taste. Mavs must do better there.

Completely agree he is not in the flow at all but the encouraging thing is a) he still is getting the job done b) awesome defensively c) Rick will figure it out eventually.

I wish the team would look to get him more post-ups when he's out there. I saw him position himself in the paint one time and for whatever reason Brunson swung the ball back around to THJ on the other side who took a contested 3. Dirk was so effective in the post for so long, I don't see why KP can't do the exact same thing. Dirk would get fouled a ton because the opposing player would have to play so close as to keep Dirk from getting his shot off uncontested. KP has a good jumper and better handles than even young Dirk had, I don't know why he isn't doing this 5 times a game. Instead he mostly jacks up 3's.
Completely agree he is not in the flow at all but the encouraging thing is a) he still is getting the job done b) awesome defensively c) Rick will figure it out eventually.

I wish the team would look to get him more post-ups when he's out there. I saw him position himself in the paint one time and for whatever reason Brunson swung the ball back around to THJ on the other side who took a contested 3. Dirk was so effective in the post for so long, I don't see why KP can't do the exact same thing. Dirk would get fouled a ton because the opposing player would have to play so close as to keep Dirk from getting his shot off uncontested. KP has a good jumper and better handles than even young Dirk had, I don't know why he isn't doing this 5 times a game. Instead he mostly jacks up 3's.

Powell is a mixed bag right now. Looks good offensively but defense he is still easy pickins. I think long-term he cannot be a starting center on a contending team. He is a good 6th man type big that will get you a lot of easy buckets and hustle plays. To me Maxi is much more important to this thing.

I also hope Wright gets more minutes and more comfortable with the starting unit. If he needs to be 6th man short term I am good with that but for us to get really good he needs to be a starter.

I'd like to see eventually Wright, DFS, Luka, KP, Maxi for a really big, defensive starting 5.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 05:03 AM)omahen Wrote: quoting doesn't work for me with this new design, so I will try it this way.

The Fast Quote feature still works on this theme but slightly different... instead of a tooltip(mini pop up that says "Reply") if you click the 4th button from the right on the bottom(5th button if you are a Mod), it is smaller than the rest of the buttons and looks different. This is the Fast Quote feature.

So highlight what you want to quote, then click that button. It will pop up down in the Quick Reply box at the bottom, just like before.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 08:18 AM)Thukydides Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 03:03 PM)Thukydides Wrote: It's a must win, but I seriously fear a loss. After such a intensive, hyped up game it's very hard to focus again and take care of business. Especially Luka seems to struggle with that. Let's hope we are so much better than them and those things don't matter.

Oh my.. that post of mine didn´t age well. Luka is something else.

Yeah, mine didn't either. So happy we were both wrong!
Like Reply