Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Dark Theme In the Works
Okay so it isn't perfect yet... haven't yet fixed the editor for replies or new threads... the quick reply function works at the bottom...

and then I would like to re-order the board for mobile...

but check out the theme titled "Dark Theme*" 

I bought this premium theme and have been working on it all day. Around 8pm I bought this and then made a new logo and have been customizing it up. (it is now 4am and I have to finally stop)

It will be finished soon and this looks to be our best theme yet, once I work out the last kinks.
Like Reply
I will tinker and test the new theme later today and provide any necessary feedback on layout and bug issues...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Trying it out. Looks nice!
Like Reply
The users browsing forum needs to be fixed sinve it is causing formatting to be whacky for the rest of the page...making this reply.was also not easy but after tinkering Ingot a useable reply box instead of a box with smilies already there in the reply box and everything below it formatted wrong...

https://media.giphy.com/media/urT0UXXtqAvyE/giphy.gif

Gifs work...editing works also...togglong from mobile to desktop and both seem to function good...

If you go down to the bottom of the page click the FAQ link...then click my code to learn how to edit font colors and use html...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Images also work good...I uploaded this from my phone with no issues using add image to post...
Like Reply
Not a favorite of me but, I don't have to use it. I very much appreciate your effort Magick!!!

On a sidenote: It seems like there are some global css properties shared by all the themes and they rea interacting with one another. 

At least there are changes in the light theme as well. Some buttons moved. Stars are red now. Embedded stuff is super small.

Now after more switches the light theme is back to normal. Seems to be a cache thing.

Well themes are super complex when the foundation isn't structured in a good way.

It's nice to give users options but in the end it is most times more problematic than useful.

It's better to have one thing working properly and more cost efficient as well. 

Optimizing for different systems and hardware is a pain in the ass already.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 07:26 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Not a favorite of me but, I don't have to use it. I very much appreciate your effort Magick!!!

On a sidenote: It seems like there are some global css properties shared by all the themes and they rea interacting with one another. 

At least there are changes in the light theme as well. Some buttons moved. Stars are red now. Embedded stuff is super small.

Now after more switches the light theme is back to normal. Seems to be a cache thing.

Well themes are super complex when the foundation isn't structured in a good way.

It's nice to give users options but in the end it is most times more problematic than useful.

Yes I know it’s easier to have just one... but I keep trying to express to you that not any single one theme seems to work perfectly right now because they are incompatible with the new forum software thatJUST released so all of these themes are outdated

I was on this site programming in code from 1pm until 4am... first with the themes we had and then with this new theme.

I can’t win them all

I get you to seem to be really critical of some of the issues, but I can’t fix them all due to some of these compatibility issues. So we just have to aim for the best we can and wait until the forum is upgraded to 2.0 then we will see the community themes and forum software on the same page again...I have definitely gotten more votes for dark themes so this one is my favorite and I am just trying to make ONe theme great but it also seems nothing is good enough when I try sometimes haha

I did state this one isn’t finished and the replies function is broken at the moment and I’ll fix it so I’m not sure why that was brought up as an issue as I stated it’s not ready yet. But it’s a lot further than it was out of the box

The global.css doesn’t work with all of the themes that’s actually not how this software works. But yes there are cache issues that sometimes occur. That is again like I said because I can only get this so perfect. I’d wish maybe some of the things you’re seemingly supercritical about you could recognize are just some ‘ take the good with the bad’ type of outlook we will need to have until this software is updated

In the meantime, I am TRYING to please you all but while I please some others complain sooo I can’t win it all with you all. But I’m spending a ton of hours trying and patience.... I’m just asking we have patience about some of these things...

The major problem with me just hiring a coder is it will take them hours likely to just figure out where everything is like I have.... so I can’t afford to hire them for hours just to first get acclimated and then hope they can do a better job than I... this software isn’t perfect... I maybe should have chosen a different forum software but I thought some of the features were great and so I’ve been trying to make it work

In the end I will likely have one dark theme and one light one. If it were my way I’d get rid of that ugly light theme and just use this one when I get it finished. But people like you also like the light theme....So yeah your own suggestion to have just one is contradicted by your own preferences(that don't align with the majority)...

So I appreciate the comments from everyone but please, some of you try to not be so nit-picky about it all. It’s not like a flip of a switch or a little poking around and I can fix it. It takes hours and days of work to accomplish these tasks and they aren’t even what everyone always wants and some complain after I do it so... that is kind of frustrating haha

This theme is a million times better then when I bought it, and I am not done setting it up I just wanted to give a preview as this is the one I plan to make as our default because it works the best (what doesn’t work yet i am still working on..... there was a ton more broken before I fixed it I’m just not done yet with this theme)

(11-03-2019, 06:56 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: The users browsing forum needs to be fixed sinve it is causing formatting to be whacky for the rest of the page..

what browser and operating system are you using? I am aware the colors on the users browsing on the main forum is off and I will fix that... but I am confused as to what you are referencing..

I am aware the reply and new thread function is broken on this but I will fix it... that is the biggest issue left to fix, and will be addressed, I just eventually had to go to bed... I was sitting here for 14 total hours yesterday working on all of this...

Please screenshot the users browsing thing though and let me know what browser and operating system and I will try to check it out
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 12:54 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 07:26 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Not a favorite of me but, I don't have to use it. I very much appreciate your effort Magick!!!

Yes I know it’s easier to have just one... but I keep trying to express to you that not any single one theme seems to work perfectly right now because they are incompatible with the new forum software thatJUST released so all of these themes are outdated

I was on this site programming in code from 1pm until 4am... first with the themes we had and then with this new theme

I can’t win them all

I get you seem to be really critical of some of the issues, but I can’t fix them all due to some of these compatibility issues

So we just have to aim for the best we can and wait until the forum is upgraded to 2.0 then we will see the community themes and forum software on the same page again...

I have definitely gotten more votes for dark themes so this one is my favorite and I am just trying to make ONe theme great but it also seems nothing is good enough when I try sometimes haha

I did state this one isn’t finished and the replies function is broken at the moment and I’ll fix it so I’m not sure why that was brought up as an issue as I stated it’s not ready yet

But it’s a lot further than it was out of the box

The global.css doesn’t work with all of the themes that’s actually not how this software works

But yes there are cache issues that sometimes occur

That is again like I said because I can only get this so perfect

I’d wish maybe some of the things you’re seemingly super critical about you could recognize are just some ‘ take the good with the bad’ type of outlook we will need to have until this software is updated

In the meantime I am TRYING to please you all but while I please some others complain sooo I can’t win it all with you all

But I’m spending a ton of hours trying and patience.... I’m just asking we have patience about some of these things...

The major problem with me just hiring a coder is it will take them hours likely to just figure out where everything is like I have.... so I can’t afford to hire them for hours just to first get acclimated and then hope they can do a better job than I... this software isn’t perfect... I maybe should have chosen a different forum software but I thought some of the features were great and so I’ve been trying to make it work

In the end I will likely have one dark theme and one light one

If it were my way I’d get rid of that ugly light theme and just use this one when I get it finished

But people like you also like the light theme....

So yeah your own suggestion is contradicted by your own preferences...

So I appreciate the comments from everyone but please, some of you try to not be so nit picky about it all

It’s not like a flip of a switch or a little poking around and I can fix it

It takes hours and days of work to accomplish these tasks and they aren’t even what everyone always wants and some complain after I do it so... that is kind of frustrating haha

This theme is a million times better then when I bought it, and I am not done setting it up I just wanted to give a preview as this is the one I plan to make as our default because it works the best (what doesn’t work yet i am still working on..... there was a ton more broken before I fixed it I’m just not done yet with this theme)

I am not that critical. I really appreciate your work. I merely stated opinions and made suggestions. 
My goal was not to put you under pressure. You are not obligated to change anything. 
The Forum works great for me the way it is. 

Suggestions and feedback are not meant to be a burden.

I know from my own experience how hard it is to dig through a code you have not written yourself. A code that is likely commented on pretty bad.  

Making adjustments on a live version is always tricky. So many things have to be tested and simple adjustments can break the whole thing.

Now that the forum is established you can still in case of need migrate to a different software. Or making adjustments not on the live version but on a separate copy. Just pointing out options. You know them probably anyways.

There are ideals and there are realistic expectations. I do not expect you to create something instantly. You don't need to react to everything that members say. That would drive you nuts.

You cannot make it right for everyone anyways. 
Nobody here is expecting you to hire a coder.

You don't have to be perfect! The forum cannot be perfect.
Even if it stays like this it is fine enough!

I just want to help you out not push my preferences on you Magick
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 01:10 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I just want to help you out not push my preferences on you Magick

I know your intentions are good and I pointed out some specifics to your comments but I wasn't just speaking to you it was more of a general thing to everyone.

I do appreciate all the feedback, and yes I am a bit grumpy and tired is all because I am juggling SOOOOOO much in life outside of this, but I care tremendously to make this place right for everyone. So I am passionate and do spend as many hours as I can to try to help. I will eventually try to address all issues, but some will just not be able to be resolved, as I can't win them all, haha. Sorry if I sounded rude or anything, just it is is a bit exhausting going through the code... and btw? bad notes? try NO NOTES... not on any of the code... so I have to personally trial and error it all and find the right lines, so yeah it is a headache and I feel like I get to know these individual code developers one on one as I go through their code haha
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 01:17 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 01:10 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I just want to help you out not push my preferences on you Magick

I know your intentions are good and I pointed out some specifics to your comments but I wasn't just speaking to you it was more of a general thing to everyone.

I do appreciate all the feedback, and yes I am a bit grumpy and tired is all because I am juggling SOOOOOO much in life outside of this, but I care tremendously to make this place right for everyone. So I am passionate and do spend as many hours as I can to try to help. I will eventually try to address all issues, but some will just not be able to be resolved, as I can't win them all, haha. Sorry if I sounded rude or anything, just it is is a bit exhausting going through the code... and btw? bad notes? try NO NOTES... not on any of the code... so I have to personally trial and error it all and find the right lines, so yeah it is a headache and I feel like I get to know these individual code developers one on one as I go through their code haha
No commenting happens when nonprofessional people code. Most people just hate commenting. Problem is one loses the overview of ones own code after a while.
That's just the way it is for most. It's a mess I agree.

Don't overdo yourself and relax some. You are hustling way too hard from your description. I love your fighting spirit though. Hope it pays off to you!
Like Reply
Dark Theme looks great!!! Love the Luka pic up top and the grainy blue borders. The red separators look great as well! Excellent work!
Like Reply
I LOVE using the Dark theme late at night. Its really sharp.

I consider myself team light for general use, but this newer Dark theme is having me reconsider everything. Thanks again Magick!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Okay, so this theme should mostly be ready to go. there are some minor cosmetic issues but nothing as bad as any of the other themes have... so this one is the furthest along now. I made this the default theme for now. It is REALLY simple to override your theme so that your default is the light theme instead. I think this is better for now for new users simply due to better usability and fewer issues with things... After I work on the light theme some more I may switch that one to the default again, but for now, I set it up this way, as this theme has a lot more functions than the previous.

The last things I really need to fix left are the Thank You and Like issues with this theme... outside of that, it functions a lot better than anything else we have had in the past.

Minor cosmetic issues? (like the fact that the textbox in the new reply/new thread section slightly overlaps the frame for the textbox... it doesn't look the best but it isn't a huge issue... the buttons in that same section slightly overlap the words) these small things I will fix soon, but they aren't as urgent....if there are any actual functionality issues let me know and I will focus on those first.

Thank you all for your patience with me... after just buying this theme I have now spent 20 hours in the last two days on fixing things... I might be about tapped out for this weekend, and I will spend more time the next time off I have and address the new issues.

Thank you all for coming on this journey with me, and being patient with me. I am just a student doing all of this, and on my own dime/time(outside of the few donations I have received.) If you see I have added the PayPal and Patreon links to this site. No one is expected to pay anything, but any tiny bits add up from you all and would help me with being able to dedicate more of my own time as well as purchasing plugins and themes and hiring people to help. LET'S GO MAVS!
Like Reply
Like the theme. Good job. Makes the forum feel much more official.
Like Reply
Looking good.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
Alright I left a lot of the open text as the electric blue because it looks sharp imo...

but the buttons were too bright for a white text over them, so I changed them to the Navy Blue from the Mavs jerseys! I had to one by one find all the various buttons in the code as they each were a different css tag... but I finally got them all!

What do you think? I think it looks great tbh!
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 09:55 PM)Magickian Wrote: Alright I left a lot of the open text as the electric blue because it looks sharp imo...

but the buttons were too bright for a white text over them, so I changed them to the Navy Blue from the Mavs jerseys! I had to one by one find all the various buttons in the code as they each were a different css tag... but I finally got them all!

What do you think? I think it looks great tbh!

Haha wow, talk about a messy coded theme! Thanks for your work! I still prefer the light theme. Don't need a mobile one it works totally fine on my phone. ?
Like Reply
How do I move to the next page in the thread when on the dark mobile theme. Right now I’m having to scroll back up to the top of the page to change to the next page. Thanks so much!
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 11:49 PM)Mavsfan7 Wrote: How do I move to the next page in the thread when on the dark mobile theme. Right now I’m having to scroll back up to the top of the page to change to the next page. Thanks so much!

Thank you for pointing this out! I do believe I have added the code to fix the problem. Let me know if you see that missing anywhere else.

Good eye!
Like Reply
Was on the dark theme and accidently logged myself out...could not log back in until I went to the light theme...I entered my username and password but the login button did not work...
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 08:32 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Was on the dark theme and accidently logged myself out...could not log back in until I went to the light theme...I entered my username and password but the login button did not work...

Hmm weird

Seems when you put in your username and password you have to press “enter” then it logs you in... the button doesn’t seem to be a Button though. Thanks for pointing this out and I’ll try to fix it

In the meantime, just type it in click within one of the text boxes and press enter and it works
Like Reply