Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.0 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
91.67%
11 91.67%
Cavaliers
8.33%
1 8.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GAME 6: DAL (4-2) @ CLE (2-4) | 131-111 win | 3-0 on the road since 10-11
Heart 
https://twitter.com/KirkSeriousFace/stat...4313852934
Like Reply
Depending on Luka's health, we should go at least 6:3 on that stretch of games.
Like Reply
Statement game from the Mavs...after what happened last night they will be ready for this game...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Must win, if we want playoffs
Like Reply
Prediction is 7-2. They will lose in Boston and versus Toronto at home.
Like Reply
Win. After that Laker loss; I would expect an intense film session and focus against Cleveland to get back on track. This is a good stretch here coming up. Looking forward to it.
Like Reply
Must win game for sure. Can’t lose to bottom dwellers like Cavs if yo want to make the playoffs in the west.
Like Reply
Agree with must win statements.
Like Reply
Things to watch:
  • Must win. Hard to say this early in the season, but the margin of error in the West is slim. Have to beat the teams you're supposed to beat.
  • I calmed down from lasst night and have to say that the refs can still suck it. What a pathetic performance.
  • Cavaliers are not a scary team at all, but they feature a surprisingly potent frontcourt. Both Love and Thompson have been playing well and the Cavs even give Love the playmaking opportunities that made him a beast in Minnesota.
  • The only other one to contain in the starting unit is Sexton. He's a dynamic young score-first guard, but I think defensively we have plenty options to guard him.
  • Our bench should dominate. Lance and Clarkson are their best guys off their bench, which is not exactly terrifying.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 02:52 PM)j0Shi Wrote: Things to watch:
  • Must win. Hard to say this early in the season, but the margin of error in the West is slim. Have to beat the teams you're supposed to beat.
  • I calmed down from lasst night and have to say that the refs can still suck it. What a pathetic performance.
  • Cavaliers are not a scary team at all, but they feature a surprisingly potent frontcourt. Both Love and Thompson have been playing well and the Cavs even give Love the playmaking opportunities that made him a beast in Minnesota.
  • The only other one to contain in the starting unit is Sexton. He's a dynamic young score-first guard, but I think defensively we have plenty options to guard him.
  • Our bench should dominate. Lance and Clarkson are their best guys off their bench, which is not exactly terrifying.

Cavs also don't really have a player able to guard Luka. Osman comes closest to this. Young guards Sexton and Garland are a joke defensively.
Like Reply
It's a must win, but I seriously fear a loss. After such a intensive, hyped up game it's very hard to focus again and take care of business. Especially Luka seems to struggle with that. Let's hope we are so much better than them and those things don't matter.
Like Reply
Line for the game has already moved from Mavs as 4.0 pt favs to 5.0 pt favs. I think every game this season has moved in favor of the Mavs.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:17 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Line for the game has already moved from Mavs as 4.0 pt favs to 5.0 pt favs. I think every game this season has moved in favor of the Mavs.
Betting lines move in accordance to bets placed right? Dallas has looked good in every game and already had 2 nationally televised games. One of them now against the Lakers.

I don't think they are flying under the radar. Withholding results their play had been nothing but stellar.
Their play trends upwards and most issues they have don't come from a lack of skill and more of a lack from oncourt chemistry. Off the court they are looking quite nicely. And from time to time it displays on the court as well. Portland game first quarter was amazing basketball and reminded me of the 2010/11 Lakers series.
League, Media, and now Fans are on alert by now.

Mavs will only get better with time.

Team is still forming. Even Lukas role isn't as clear cut as it seems. 

Rick needs to mix it up and play Luka of the ball like last season for 5-10 of his minutes. That will probably improve the play of Brunson as well.
Like Reply
Think we could rest Porzingis in this one and still win quite handily.
Like Reply
Yup. Must win game vs Cavs.

Hoping for a 6-3 record in the next 9 games. Is that asking for too much? That's my prediction.

A loss to Cavs would be more painful than losing to Lakers.
Like Reply
The Cavs are a very deep team without any real star scorer. Lots of players averaging 10+ but nobody over 20. They don't foul much on average. Probably will not be that physical of a game. 
They are 2:3 but only played bad east teams as of yet.

Still wouldn't underestimate them. They aren't as bad as you might think.

I still pencil in a win.
Like Reply
Lol must win - there are 82 games in the season y'all. Definitely need to win games *like* this a lot if you want to make the playoffs. Way too early for must win talk, that is just crazy.

I hope Mavs don't have a hangover from the Lakers game. I haven't watched any Cleveland games but it appears they are playing better.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:03 PM)Thukydides Wrote: It's a must win, but I seriously fear a loss. After such a intensive, hyped up game it's very hard to focus again and take care of business. Especially Luka seems to struggle with that. Let's hope we are so much better than them and those things don't matter.
Nah, after that game, there's no way they aren't ready to redeem themselves. That game will leave a sour taste in their mouths for sure, but it's a learning experience they have to use to push the team to become better. I don't expect their to be any fall off in their game because of what happened against the Lakers.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:03 PM)Thukydides Wrote: It's a must win, but I seriously fear a loss. After such a intensive, hyped up game it's very hard to focus again and take care of business. Especially Luka seems to struggle with that. Let's hope we are so much better than them and those things don't matter.

I'm in this camp. I'm worried about this game, has all the makings of a trap.
Like Reply
Kevin Love is having a throwback season so far. 17/17 on 64% TS. Not really concerned because I think Maxi and Kleber are not a good matchup for him but Powell might be in trouble again. Really hope to see more of Maxi/KP with Powell playing most of his minutes with the bench unit.
Like Reply