Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
24 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
6 20.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss | NBA admits missed call
I'm going to get more superstitious now. Last 3 games the polling before the game has been wrong. Most of you favored us to beat Portland, L. Most of you favored us to lose to Nuggets so I went contrarian, W. Most of you voted that we would beat the Lakers, L. Whoever we play next vote for the other team please

Not too much to be upset about here. The refs were more against us than they'd been all year (not a shock against LA) and we still could have won if Danny Green didn't hit that shot despite the no call. LeBron looks to have circled this one, Peking James may have a thing against Europe but Luka was still studly. 

Boban led the team at +9, we need more Boban sightings. 

And why does Dwight Howard now have cheetos on his head?
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:20 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I was disappointed with how much Luka ran the play away from KP for most of the second half. I think DFS got more touches than KP. For those talking down about KP, he's got to get the ball in his hands to be able to do anything with it. Most any high end player needs touches to get in or out of a funk, I didn't see KP being allowed the ability to do that.

You think that was intentional? Or was it because maybe LAL were leaving DoDo wide open and guard KP? KP got a lot of ball, unfortunately, he didn't convert.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:39 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Boban led the team at +9, we need more Boban sightings. 

Besides the egregious refereeing failure in that game, that is the biggest other thing that annoyed me. 

Boban was completely the Anti-Howard factor in this game and Howard was the cheat code that gave LA the win, deliberately grabbing Curry and then ramming into Luka.  

I've seen this happen to Boban before.  Coaches I think fear that they'll lose a mismatch I guess, even when in Boban's minutes they're clearly winning the mismatch.   

All the Laker Bigs struggles to stop Boban offensively, including Anthony Davis.  
Can't grasp why Carlisle would not go back to Boban against Dwight Howard to preserve that win.  Dodgy
Like Reply
Jackson needs more minutes this team will not take that step forward until that happens he is a better fit than Brunson both on O and D.

(11-01-2019, 11:19 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: KP has to defend the rim. The refs suck. Missed free throws lost us the game and not fouling LeBron at the end.

How do you not do that what did RC about this did any one in post game ask him. Did he say foul and they did not execute. This is inexcusable not to foul Lebron there,Inexcusable.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:39 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Boban led the team at +9, we need more Boban sightings.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
Weight needs to be benched for a few games if they were told to foul, that such bad basketball.

Curry d was awful before Howard grabbed  as well he turned his head to watch the ball in that situation he should have been in straight deny. 

Maxi rotating to Lebron was brutal as well it like these guys have never played the game before.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 12:06 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:44 PM)TATU Wrote: That missed call was bad but we lost this game mainly because..

1. Stupid decision by Maxi on that final possession.
2. Free throws....again.
3. KP disappearing act in the 2nd half.

The Mavs lost because of 22 turnovers.  End of story.
 I hate this attitude. You shouldn´t need to beat a team by 11 just to win by a 1. Even with all your faults, we would have won a clean reffed game.
Like Reply
The refs didn’t make the Mavs turn it over 22 times (versus 11 for the Lakers) or shoot under 70% from the line.  The Mavs basically choked.  It wasn’t the refs.  All the way through the second half I was in disbelief that the Mavs could play so horribly and still be winning.  I had a funny feeling the ragged play would catch up to them.  And it did.  It’s the same in any team sport. If you turn the ball over a lot more than your opponent, you lose.  This team has a roster of point guards, they should know how to take care of the ball.  When you also throw in the gagging at the free throw line, that was a ridiculous performance.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 06:50 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:44 PM)TATU Wrote: That missed call was bad but we lost this game mainly because..

2. Free throws....again.

I hate this attitude. You shouldn´t need to beat a team by 11 just to win by a 1. Even with all your faults, we would have won a clean reffed game.
Life isn't fair, games are never reffed clean. If you want to win you have to overcome adversity and unfairness all the time. Concentrate on what you can do differently.

Game could have gone either way, they failed in the 4th quarter again. They failed to properly defend the last 6 seconds. They failed to hit their free throws beside Luka. Kristaps was out of the game again. 

Still they played a great game against a veteran team with suspicious reffing with an unfortunate outcome.

Carlisle missed his coaching challenge, reffed missed his timeout when Luka got hit on the head, guys failed at rotations and got fouled on the last play. Refs almost always avoid to call fouls on the last possession.

Last 2 minute report will be awful.

Hopefully Luka will be fine. I'm still mad at our medical staff. After such a hit you just don't take that risk. It's never worth it.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 03:39 AM)MrGoat Wrote: And why does Dwight Howard now have cheetos on his head?
CHEATos
Like Reply

2. Free throws....again.

The Mavs got more free throws than the Lakers.  I’m fine with the reffing. No team that turns the ball over that much and misses that many free throws deserves a win. Hopefully the team doesn’t take the whiney, blame others, excuse making attitude of the fans out of this game and actually fixes their problems.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:02 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The refs didn’t make the Mavs turn it over 22 times (versus 11 for the Lakers) or shoot under 70% from the line.  The Mavs basically choked.  It wasn’t the refs.  All the way through the second half I was in disbelief that the Mavs could play so horribly and still be winning.  I had a funny feeling the ragged play would catch up to them.  And it did.  It’s the same in any team sport. If you turn the ball over a lot more than your opponent, you lose.  This team has a roster of point guards, they should know how to take care of the ball.  When you also throw in the gagging at the free throw line, that was a ridiculous performance.

Well to be fair offensive fouls are counted as turnovers. Instead of LeBron having 3 fouls Luka had 3 fouls and 2 turnovers.

If Luka is recovering just fine this game will help him. He is on the big stage now and gets the respect her deserves. Refs will follow. League memo will prime the refs to protect him more. Just a matter of time. We will see lots of biased reffing in favor of the Mavs in the near future.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:08 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote:

2. Free throws....again.

The Mavs got more free throws than the Lakers.  I’m fine with the reffing. No team that turns the ball over that much and misses that many free throws deserves a win. Hopefully the team doesn’t take the whiney, blame others, excuse making attitude of the fans out of this game and actually fixes their problems.
Your 1000 % wrong no way on the Howard hold on Curry can't be called, yes players made mistakes but it does not matter when you have a call like that at end of game. It was not a slight little grab that made Curry take an extra step he was held for over in second to get Green open to tie game.
Like Reply

2. Free throws....again.

So what? If one team gets 12 FTs out of a deserved 60, they still got more than a team that gets 10 of 10. You sound like one of those people that will blame the rape on the victim for leaving her house, dressing too slutty and not watching her drink at the club. Dodgy
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:15 AM)bartlettbear Wrote:

2. Free throws....again.

Your 1000 % wrong no way on the Howard hold on Curry can't be called, yes players made mistakes but it does not matter when you have a call like that at end of game. It was not a slight little grab that made Curry take an extra step he was held for over in second to get Green open to tie game.
I’m 100% right. Refs miss calls. It was subtle. Just looked like Curry was out of position (he actually was) to me until they slowed it down.  Howard made a crafty play.  Good for him. There are 110 possessions in a game. It’s not going to always be called perfectly every time.  But regardless of that, no excuse for the sheer sucktitude of the Mavs at protecting the ball and making free throws. Refs have almost nothing to do with that.  If the Mavs hit one more free throw or have one less turnover over the course of the entire game, they win.  If the Mavs turn it over an average amount or are merely average at the line, they win easily.  They have no one to blame but themselves.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:36 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 12:06 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Mavs lost because of 22 turnovers.  End of story.
I’m 100% right. Refs miss calls. It was subtle. Just looked like Curry was out of position (he actually was) to me until they slowed it down.  Howard made a crafty play.  Good for him. There are 110 possessions in a game. It’s not going to always be called perfectly every time. 
Yeah, also very strange that it always seems to be called wrong on only one end of the floor. Rolleyes
Like Reply
https://streamable.com/pgzz9

Mistake is on Kleber for helping inside. Makes no sense at all. Howard cheated and Mavs failed to foul.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:35 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

2. Free throws....again.

So what? If one team gets 12 FTs out of a deserved 60, they still got more than a team that gets 10 of 10. You sound like one of those people that will blame the rape on the victim for leaving her house, dressing too slutty and not watching her drink at the club. Dodgy
Comparing a lack of accountability for poor play in an NBA game  to blaming a rape victim?  Do you hear how ridiculous you sound?  If the Mavs have your attitude, this will be a lost season. Things don’t always go your way.  Get over it. If you miss more than 30% of your free throws and turn it over on 20% of your possessions, you are going to lose.
Like Reply
https://i.redd.it/sjfulbtxa7w31.jpg

Looks ridiculous. Like chopped out of a comedy movie.
Like Reply
(11-02-2019, 07:36 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote:
(11-02-2019, 12:06 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Mavs lost because of 22 turnovers.  End of story.
I’m 100% right. Refs miss calls. It was subtle. Just looked like Curry was out of position (he actually was) to me until they slowed it down.  Howard made a crafty play.  Good for him. There are 110 possessions in a game. It’s not going to always be called perfectly every time.  But regardless of that, no excuse for the sheer sucktitude of the Mavs at protecting the ball and making free throws. Refs have almost nothing to do with that.  If the Mavs hit one more free throw or have one less turnover over the course of the entire game, they win.  If the Mavs turn it over an average amount or are merely average at the line, they win easily.  They have no one to blame but themselves.

It was not crafty , crafty would be a slight hook, he grabbed him with two hands and held him. If that happened in a play ground , Howard would be dropped.   If it happened in high school game it would be called an intentional foul.  If it happened in college it would have been called only a in the NBA is this crap allowed it is excusable.  Cuban should go off  , Silver needs to go and then game need to be cleaned up. The antics of Lebron and Harden have ruined the game it as more related to WWE then it is any other sport.

(11-02-2019, 07:59 AM)SportPsychMav Wrote: https://i.redd.it/sjfulbtxa7w31.jpg

Looks ridiculous. Like chopped out of a comedy movie.

If I DFS in that situation I clean Howard clock.
Like Reply