Poll: Who will win the game? (Lakers 1.5 pt favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
80.00%
24 80.00%
Lakers
20.00%
6 20.00%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
GAME 5: LAL Refs (4-1) @ DAL (3-2) | 110-119 OT loss | NBA admits missed call
(11-01-2019, 11:23 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: Also Carlisle had a shocker. Did he use his challenge?

Carlisle doesn't know that button exists.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...90721?s=21
Like Reply
I didn't think Dwight Howard or the Lakers could be more unlikeable. But, they pulled it off.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:25 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If Luka is out multiple games due to concussion protocol we're in big trouble.
He 100% will be. I'm super mad at our team doctors. Absolutely irresponsible to let him continue. He was grabbing is forehead as if his eyesight wasn't right and looked visibly shaken.
Like Reply
Bullets:
  • We have to talk about the refs first and foremost unfortunately. So many calls in favor of LA, LeBron specifically. So many missed stuff that cost the Mavericks. None bigger than Dwight holding Curry on the three by Green that sent it to OT. Players, coaches and Cuban better collect some 25k fines and won't spare with insults. These motherfuckers don't deserve to call another game.
  • Also a huge middle finger to the weak fans in the arena. They let this happen, no chants, nothing. They should have driven the refs out of the venue at halftime. Mavs deserved to win this game, the fans in the arena deserved a big fat L.
  • Luka vs. LeBron was fun. Our kid is special, but we already knew that. That third quarter back and forth, just great. Good things to come, let's just hope his head is OK. Thank god we have a lighter schedule ahead, so we might even be able to survive without Luka a game or two.
  • KP was great in the first half, but pretty ass after the break. He was probably just gassed, had tough luck around the rim, but also made some really bad decisions.
  • Kudos to DFS for delivering what should have been the game winning shot. Of course the refs wanted overtime. Still a balsy one from him.
  • I'm not sure why we went with Powell down the stretch. I felt like Maxi is the slightly better matchup against AD, although DP did a decent enough job. AD ist just a beast.
  • Slightly down on our bench tonight. They did get their stuff together in the second eventually, but would have loved for a little more contributions early in the 4th. But it was a close game, so it's easy to point to little things that contributed to the loss.
  • One specific thing to highlight though: Free throws! Powell missed that crucial one late, but as a team we didn't shoot particularly well either.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
The jersey grab sucked, but objectively, Seth sucked pretty bad this game.  Didn't make much of a case for starting IMHO.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:26 PM)Dirkster21 Wrote: Did Justin Jackson play any?

Barely. All his minutes went to THJ for some ungodly reason.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Doris Burke makes Derek Harper a joy.
Like Reply
I wish Rick would have fouled regardless. Man watch this becomes a trend. Mavs play good all game vs good teams but some how find a way to lose. Something needs to change
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:25 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:23 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: When your team sucks for seven years and only plays meaningless games, you really forget how much of a BS driven entertainment business the NBA is. Teams will have their handful to beat the Lakers 8 on 5 four times. Credit to Dwight with two big plays. I mean both were fouls, but who cares as long as it´s the Lakers. 

Porzingis was poor. Stop dribbling and driving, you suck at it. Did you know Dwight spends 10 hours in the gym every day. Still can´t hit a FT.

Also Carlisle had a shocker. Did he use his challenge?

Couldnt challenge cause he had 0 timeouts as usual. What a frustrating loss
He could still have challenged Dwight busting Luka open. He also could have challenged the LeBron travel, where he jumped in the air and landed with the ball before passing. He´s probably too OLD SCHOOL for such game-altering decisions. Twice he could have overturned OBVIOUS calls (Porzingis loose ball foul and Bron travel), and each time the other team scored (Portland and Lakers). Also no idea why he took out Kleber for Powell with like five minutes to play. Defense wokring too well?
Like Reply
Powell supposed to be one of the veterans of our team and misses a critical free throw.
Like Reply
Donaghy lives... that would have been the game.
[Image: Donaghy-rides-again.png]
"There are no friends on the court." - Luka Doncic
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:27 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/11...90721?s=21
Nice
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:26 PM)donzingis38 Wrote: But Powell just had to make that ONE free throw

Oh, come on all of you, focusing on this one FT. If I just focus on last 6 seconds. We had 3 point lead, a foul to give and they let happen the only thing they should not. And even that happened with an obvious offensive foul. Wright should foul LeBron, which would leave some 3 seconds to the Lakers. Immediate another foul with no LA time-out would probably seal the game.
Like Reply
Powell's missed FT.

Coach not calling for a foul before Green's buzzer beater 3pointer.

KP had another bad game.

On the bright side, maybe Mavs needed this loss. Hopefully they learned a lot from this game.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:30 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:25 PM)TheSportyChannel Wrote:
(11-01-2019, 11:23 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote: When your team sucks for seven years and only plays meaningless games, you really forget how much of a BS driven entertainment business the NBA is. Teams will have their handful to beat the Lakers 8 on 5 four times. Credit to Dwight with two big plays. I mean both were fouls, but who cares as long as it´s the Lakers. 

Porzingis was poor. Stop dribbling and driving, you suck at it. Did you know Dwight spends 10 hours in the gym every day. Still can´t hit a FT.

Also Carlisle had a shocker. Did he use his challenge?

Couldnt challenge cause he had 0 timeouts as usual. What a frustrating loss
He could still have challenged Dwight busting Luka open. He also could have challenged the LeBron travel, where he jumped in the air and landed with the ball before passing. He´s probably too OLD SCHOOL for such game-altering decisions. Twice he could have overturned OBVIOUS calls (Porzingis loose ball foul and Bron travel), and each time the other team scored (Portland and Lakers). Also no idea why he took out Kleber for Powell with like five minutes to play. Defense wokring too well?

Cannot challenge no calls. Learn the rules before you start complaining.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:28 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Doris Burke makes Derek Harper a joy.

Big Grin

Yes she does, and that's pretty hard to do. I love Harp, but his commentary gets old real quick.
Like Reply
They have to make another type of type challenge; not whistle on faul challenge..

Well, it was stange game to watch but much much to many mistakes was made to take a win.
Hope they will learn from this, but mavs game tonight was a downgrade from last one in Denver.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:27 PM)j0Shi Wrote: We have to talk about the refs first and foremost unfortunately. So many calls in favor of LA, LeBron specifically. So many missed stuff that cost the Mavericks. None bigger than Dwight holding Curry on the three by Green that sent it to OT. Players, coaches and Cuban better collect some 25k fines and won't spare with insults. These motherfuckers don't deserve to call another game.

This is what bothers me the most. I understand the refs are human, but they literally get paid 6 figures to do this. They should be the most elite of the elite, and trained thousands of hours. 

But these so called professionals miss THIS many calls?? Like C'mon! I don't think the NBA is rigged (Besides 06), because there are too many factors to rig a game, but you can certainly call in favor for a team. Lakers won every 50/50 call. Got literally everything to go their way. And they still needed an uncalled hold to send the game to overtime.  

The amount of contact LAL got away with on Luka is disgusting. Like actually disgusting to the point Luka may have a concussion (on contact that was never called!!).  

And the worst part about it is that these refs will not be held accountable for a performance like this. At any other job, you'd get reprimanded at the least for blowing it this many times, if you weren't terminated. As a student you'd fail and face the repercussions if you miss questions on tests, why do refs not face the same? 

I fucking loath how the NBA protects the refs as if they get it correctly most of the time. They don't. And the L2M report that confirms this garbage is meaningless. Fines. Suspensions. Demotions. Thats whats needed. If a ref is this poor at their job, send them to the D-League, and promote someone else from the D-League.
Like Reply
So pissed still
Like Reply