Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived
(10-31-2019, 05:31 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: wut? did you get that from a fortune cookie?

Luka is shooting 28.6% from three.  Should I say he is a terrible 3pt shooter?

I generally like the Thunder guy but I dont understand why he posts senseless Thunder fan twitter stuff on a Mavs board.  A guy referencing analytics after posting a 5 game sample doesn't need additional views.

On the other board I kept most of my posts in the Around The League thread.  For a long time it was a thread where lots of fans of other teams posted, and had great discussions.  I think some of the other fans got lost on their way here so my posts stick out.

There never was a decent Thunder board most were just sub boards of football and paid little attention to.  The others just a bitch session.  

I have never disparaged the Mavs and always liked them.  I hear Fish on local radio he is a good listen.

I always admired Dirk for staying and rooted for Mavs after they knocked my team out.

if you want me to post less I can do so I have no intentions of causing problems.

Just let me know if I am welcome or not and I will search for another board.  No hard feelings.  As is its obvious my being here doesn’t sit well with some so regardless the decision I’ll post less to respect the fans here.  My intentions were never to be an us against them rather just fans able to talk about the sport regardless of first team.  I consider Mavs posters to be the best around in knowledge of game and best discussions.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 07:57 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 05:31 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: wut? did you get that from a fortune cookie?

Luka is shooting 28.6% from three.  Should I say he is a terrible 3pt shooter?

I generally like the Thunder guy but I dont understand why he posts senseless Thunder fan twitter stuff on a Mavs board.  A guy referencing analytics after posting a 5 game sample doesn't need additional views.

On the other board I kept most of my posts in the Around The League thread.  For a long time it was a thread where lots of fans of other teams posted, and had great discussions.  I think some of the other fans got lost on their way here so my posts stick out.

There never was a decent Thunder board most were just sub boards of football and paid little attention to.  The others just a bitch session.  

I have never disparaged the Mavs and always liked them.  I hear Fish on local radio he is a good listen.

I always admired Dirk for staying and rooted for Mavs after they knocked my team out.

if you want me to post less I can do so I have no intentions of causing problems.

Just let me know if I am welcome or not and I will search for another board.  No hard feelings.  As is its obvious my being here doesn’t sit well with some so regardless the decision I’ll post less to respect the fans here.  My intentions were never to be an us against them rather just fans able to talk about the sport regardless of first team.  I consider Mavs posters to be the best around in knowledge of game and best discussions.

Thunder posts qualify as "Around the League" content by definition. If that bothers some then that is their problem. Do not feel obligated to tone down your posting of Thunder related material just because some don't like it, as long as you're posting it in the correct spots (you are). You're doing nothing wrong and we're happy to have you here.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 05:52 PM)j0Shi Wrote: ThunderMav is an eloquent troll. Don't bite.

Totally shocked to hear you say this.  Never ever have I trolled here and have no intentions too.  Its one thing to not agree with a post but quite another to make this bogus claim.  Especially if you truly are a writer you know to research before making claims.  

What was your name at the other board?  I have no recollection of you posting there.  

To appease you I will step back and post less.  I truly don’t want to hurt any discussions here and it appears a few posters have issues.  I have never lied or hid my first team but have been honest in liking Mavs as my second team.

Really sorry to read this and had no idea you felt this way.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 08:07 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: To appease you I will step back and post less.
I hope you don't.  You are obviously not a troll.
Like Reply
The thought that ThunderMav is any sort of troll is completely ridiculous.

Thunder Mav, you are welcome here and you don't need to offer to leave if someone has a problem with you. They don't represent the vast majority of this community that values your contribution and recognizes that you handle yourself here like a gentleman.

Anyone that calls ThunderMav a troll doesn't understand what a troll is.

(10-31-2019, 08:07 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: To appease you I will step back and post less.

No need to do this bro. Folks can disagree without thinking the other needs to leave. You don't need to appease anyone.

My guess is that j0shi doesn't know you or that we welcome you and wherever he comes from they don't have a league-wide thread where a fan of another team is welcome.
Like Reply
Here for ThunderMav and will vouch for him as a good poster...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
+1 for ThunderMav
Like Reply
BTW, pull up the Pelicans game on TNT and check out the number of empty seats.  Yikes.  It seems like more empty seats than filled seats, and it's in the third quarter.  Can they stay in business like that?
Like Reply
+1 for ThunderMav as well. Your POVs are always welcomed here.
Like Reply

We've known ThunderMav for two or three years now. I doubt any of the long time members would consider him a troll. I know I don't.
Like Reply
So Denver looks awful vs Pelicans.  Jokic is looking like a 2nd round pick and the 3 point shooting is bad.  Mavs broke the Nuggets.  Cool
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 10:50 PM)Hypermav Wrote: So Denver looks awful vs Pelicans.  Jokic is looking like a 2nd round pick and the 3 point shooting is bad.  Mavs broke the Nuggets.  Cool

What a second round pick Big Grin
5/6 from the field. 13/6/6 for the game. Denvers problems are similar to ours. Open teammates cannot punish the double teams that Jokic draws (in Mavs case Luka).
Add Jokics weight related defensive problems and his overall impact is worse.

I actually like the OKC related posts. Different perspectives and more information about other teams shouldn`t be a problem. Especially if they focus on Steven Adams. Don´t know if I want him on the Mavs but he is among my favorit players in the league.
Like Reply
I like his OKC posts and he seems like a nice dude.

I don't understand him linking some random twitter OKC fan repeatedly.  Like who the hell is OKCThunderAlex and why should we care what he thinks?    It'd be me like posting JeanJacqueTaylor tweets on a Thunder forum.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 11:05 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: What a second round pick Big Grin
5/6 from the field. 13/6/6 for the game. Denvers problems are similar to ours. Open teammates cannot punish the double teams that Jokic draws (in Mavs case Luka).
Add Jokics weight related defensive problems and his overall impact is worse.

Its funny when I looked at the box score in the 3rd Jokic had 13/6/6. When I just checked the final box score and that was still the numbers he put up I was baffled. Dude literally did NOTHING for almost a quarter and a half. 

Jahlil Okafor put up 26 points on him. I had Denver in the top 2 this year and a dark horse contender. But after seeing the Nuggets almost blow it to the Kings, lost to the Mavs when both star players were off (although it was a 2nd night of a b2b), and now lose to the zion-less Pelicans I'm starting to question how strong they can be. 

5 games in is a really small sample size, but in these 5 games Jokic has looked like a poster child for McDonalds.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 08:07 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:

Totally shocked to hear you say this.  Never ever have I trolled here and have no intentions too.  Its one thing to not agree with a post but quite another to make this bogus claim.  Especially if you truly are a writer you know to research before making claims.  

What was your name at the other board?  I have no recollection of you posting there.  

To appease you I will step back and post less.  I truly don’t want to hurt any discussions here and it appears a few posters have issues.  I have never lied or hid my first team but have been honest in liking Mavs as my second team.

Come on PlunderingPurple. Most of us like you here, old man.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
Okay now... 

ThunderMav formerly known as plunderingpurple, is a good contributor here. 

He is a Thunder Fan but he has always shown his respect for the Mavs and our fanbase. 

Let us remain welcoming to him, and not call him names. He deserves to be here just like the fan of ANY team. So long as they are contributing to the discussion and not causing issues, I do not see why we can't have people from all NBA fanbases here to debate the real nitty gritty.

we like having you here ThunderMav, so don't be discouraged by a few that are just off in their aim; which I imagine is just due to their passionate fandom. We can still be passionate while remaining respectful of one another.
Like Reply
Yeah Thunder/PP could not be further away from being a troll. He’s always respectful and his posts have been a great addition to this & the old board for quite some time now. 

I always enjoy his posts.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 01:38 AM)Magickian Wrote: Okay now... 

ThunderMav formerly known as plunderingpurple, is a good contributor here. 

He is a Thunder Fan but he has always shown his respect for the Mavs and our fanbase. 

Let us remain welcoming to him, and not call him names. He deserves to be here just like the fan of ANY team. So long as they are contributing to the discussion and not causing issues, I do not see why we can't have people from all NBA fanbases here to debate the real nitty gritty.

we like having you here ThunderMav, so don't be discouraged by a few that are just off in their aim; which I imagine is just due to their passionate fandom. We can still be passionate while remaining respectful of one another.

Why shouldn't he post about the Thunder in here anyways. It is the all NBA thread. He is not a troll. I for one am happy for each person who contributes.

Quality is hard to put out there. If we would moderate by quality standards game threads especially would be almost shut down completely as most of the people posting there post emotional overreactions instead of thorough opinions or level headed descriptions of what
is going on.

Stats from 5 games cannot give evidence, but you can form opinions and hyotheses around them, which later can be supported or rejected when more data becomes available.
Like Reply
Can't lie. I like the Heat this year. They have so many intriguing young talents and on top of that a roster that simply makes sense. Don't think they can hang with the best in the playoffs, but second round in a crappy as shit East? Sure. On the contrary not so sure about the Hawks. Trae is so important to them that he basically has to put up 25/10 every night for them to have a shot at a W.

(10-31-2019, 08:07 PM)ThunderMav Wrote:

Westbrook over Curry is no longer just a take that you can disagree with. It's grade A troll material that you need to call out on the spot as a serious NBA fan. And then demanding research when your own claims are based on a lousy four game sample? Sure. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but I guess there's an ignore button somewhere around here that you're free to use.
Former: Psychology BSc. Sports coverage for @weltfussball and @sportde. Writer at @mavsmoneyball. Now: Web Dev, Mavs fan.
[Image: MFSYrBp.png]
Twitter: j0Shi_f
Like Reply
I think Jimmy B fits into that team perfectly. They hustle, defend, and they are long and athletic. Herro can shoot it man.

I agree with the Hawks; for all the love Collins get - he clearly won't be able to get it done without Trae. They looked pretty bad without him.

Also, did anyone see the athletic airball by the future hall of famer Cam Reddish? Man, Carlisle would have pulled him and sat him for a week for this play, lol.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/stat...02986?s=20
Like Reply