Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Check-In
(10-24-2019, 03:16 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 02:35 PM)jdb152 Wrote: I am here now and so thankful to be. That SI thing just broke my heart. Glad to see so many of y'all here.
Glad to see you posting here...no matter how many tips they suggested at Maven it still looked like crap and was hard to follow the discussion IMO...
I've tried over there a little but it's simply an inferior platform that hinders what drives any community, it's members. I am certain it was the right move for Fish. He wouldn't have made it otherwise. Still, I think it may serve to fall short. Traffic is so essential and that is bound to take a hit with the boards being what they are there. My experiences with all of you from the old site simply set the content and participation bars too high. This place has restored by hope.  Smile
Like Reply
Maven has 207 users...

This site has 208...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
There are 134 people online at this site right now....
Like Reply
I finally stumbled onto your new place.  Fish's place seemed so "dead", especially after the season has started, that I knew the rowdy place must exist somewhere else.  Thanks to the organizers.  --007
Like Reply
Awesome new board, thanks for setting it up! It’s hard to believe how bad the SI site is.
Like Reply
(10-31-2019, 02:55 AM)Sigma4Life Wrote: Awesome new board, thanks for setting it up! It’s hard to believe how bad the SI site is.

Glad you found us! Big props to Magickian for setting this place up for us.
Like Reply
Bump the topic for Newcomers
Like Reply
Hello from the Philippines! I've been a solid Mavs fan since 2000 and have been a long-time lurker in this community (I think since 2003?). The excitement out of moving here to Magick's new site plus the awesome start of this new era, I figured, are as good enough reasons as any to finally come into the light. I might listen/read more than write as usual, but since I've always loved the quality of the posts of this forum (while also enjoying clutchfans' misery whenever the Rockets lose), I want to thank you, guys!
Like Reply
Bump.
Like Reply
Bing, google and Yandex checking in. This site will rise it's SEO rank soon. As a plus it gives Magick some traffic for his other stuff as the activity here should improve the rating of anything hosted at qabickcents.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 01:22 AM)radioaktiv Wrote: Hello from the Philippines! I've been a solid Mavs fan since 2000 and have been a long-time lurker in this community (I think since 2003?). The excitement out of moving here to Magick's new site plus the awesome start of this new era, I figured, are as good enough reasons as any to finally come into the light. I might listen/read more than write as usual, but since I've always loved the quality of the posts of this forum (while also enjoying clutchfans' misery whenever the Rockets lose), I want to thank you, guys!

Welcome!!
Like Reply
(10-29-2019, 07:50 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Maven has 207 users...

This site has 208...
Maven 218 users...

This site 231...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-05-2019, 10:43 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Maven 218 users...

Most of those are probably us....who never use it....
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 12:04 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-05-2019, 10:43 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Maven 218 users...

Most of those are probably us....who never use it....

Guilty.  I still read their stuff, but that is all.
Like Reply
Yup, officially checking in. I have been lurking for the last 2 years after having been a very active member of db.com - which clearly correlated with me transitioning from my studies to a full-time job. But this board looks really promising so I will try to do my best and be active around here since I really love this community.

Thanks for setting it up!
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 03:21 AM)balldontliez Wrote:
(10-27-2019, 01:39 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: The value of dallasbasketball.com was allways this community. It was never fish's reporting.

But his and DLords participation on the board was valuable.

I think magick involuntarily might have taken a great opportunity to build his own Mavs outlet Wink

ok but who the hell are you pal.

Human being, way to active poster on this board, only lurking on the old boards.
Like Reply
The Maven site is bad...very bad! I guess some people will comment and reply on there but I don't see it lasting long as a "community" 

I'll be around here for games but won't be active during the daytime because my new job has strict web filtering and this site is blocked  Cry
Like Reply
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2019/11/11...s-playoffs

Jordan out yourself
Like Reply
Brandan Wright... haha.  Injuries grounded the "helicopter".
Like Reply
Well, well, well.....

[Image: Screenshot-2019-11-12-at-11.19.04-AM.png]
Like Reply