Poll: Who will win the game (Pels are 2.0 pt favs)?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
83.33%
10 83.33%
Pelicans
16.67%
2 16.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 2: DAL (2-0) @ NOP (0-2) | 123-116 win
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1187752389610225664
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I will be perfectly happy if we are 2-2 after first four games. Anything better is great, 1-3 could be a cause for worries.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 09:44 AM)omahen Wrote: We should have big rebounding advantage though

Unfortunately Favors is a better rebounder than anyone on the Mavs roster.
Like Reply
Time to crush LeBron's rejects!!!  Cool
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
This game is HUGE in my opinion for many reasons:

1) If they win the Mavs would be starting 2-0 for the first time since 04-05. This would be huge for the mental disposition of this team.
https://twitter.com/coopmavs/status/1187752389610225664

2) The Mavs would be winning a road game and they have been TERRIBLE on the road the last three seasons.
https://twitter.com/PeasESPN/status/1187750207578165248

3) The Pels are a division rival "on the rise" and so this gives the Mavs early pole position on them.

Overall a young team needs to experience success and early on if possible in order to start piling on more success. The Mavs starting fast has never been more important in the last 20 years.

I added a poll about who wins. Don't just always be a homer, try to get the best pick'em record you can over the course of the season.....

You have to vote BEFORE. Be honest.
Like Reply
I have a bad feeling about this one. Maybe it's because it's a nationally televized game on the road. We'll need to play better than we did against the Wizards, the Pelican aren't that inept

Can see Favors giving us some trouble, maybe Okafor off the bench too. Zion being out is good for us though, and I'm really glad they no longer have Julius Randle
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 02:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I added a poll about who wins. Don't just always be a homer, try to get the best pick'em record you can over the course of the season.....

You have to vote BEFORE. Be honest.

Going on record before the game as one vote for the Mavs
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
I'm ready for this game. Think i am going to Nap til 7.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 04:19 PM)iolide Wrote: I'm ready for this game. Think i am going to Nap til 7.

Same man. As soon as I get off, I'm going to eat and hit that pre game nap.
Like Reply
We'll win comfortably. Hold me accountable Wink.

Mavs +12
Like Reply
Friendly question, why do you guys think Lee is starting at SG ?    I thought it was a long held  belief, they were trading him..
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 05:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Friendly question, why do you guys think Lee is starting at SG ?    I thought it was a long held  belief, they were trading him..

If they want to trade him they might want to showcase him. 
Capspace isn't as valuable next summer as the free agent class looks rather dire. The cap might go down due to the china situation which might lead to some draft day trades. 

I'm no cap expert though.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 05:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: why do you guys think Lee is starting at SG

For clarification, the Mavs played every minute of Game 1 with two guards, two forwards and a center.

Doncic and Wright make up your starting backcourt. Brunson, Curry and perhaps Barea round out the guard rotation.

Forward rotation includes Porzingis, Lee (started Game 1), THJ, DFS and Jackson.

Center rotation includes Kleber, Porzingis, Powell (when healthy) and Boban.

Lee started Game 1 to matchup with Beal defensively.
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 05:20 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Friendly question, why do you guys think Lee is starting at SG ?    I thought it was a long held  belief, they were trading him..

What I found most interesting there is that his 16 minutes were the fewest of the 10 guys who saw the floor. 
Might be a lot like preseason where Rick does a new lineup every night. I dunno. 
I know I want to see Jackson start and play a solid 28 minutes or so within the next handful of games. The advanced stats and eye test love him
Like Reply
Rick has used bench players as low minute starters before. In the past he did it to add defense to the starting lineup and to facilitate his substitution patterns for the game.
Like Reply
Anyone needing a stream tonight should go to nba4free.com.
Like Reply
Might have to mute this game.
Like Reply
https://www.pelicansreport.com/showthrea...ericks-0-1

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/new-.../86209866/

Pelicans Game-Thread for anybody curious.
2nd seems more active

https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2019/10/25...am-holiday
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 06:19 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Rick has used bench players as low minute starters before. In the past he did it to add defense to the starting lineup and to facilitate his substitution patterns for the game.
This...don't forget about the Legend of DSteve...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-25-2019, 06:19 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Rick has used bench players as low minute starters before. In the past he did it to add defense to the starting lineup and to facilitate his substitution patterns for the game.

He probably would prefer to have the same guy starting every night but the Mavs options are limited. The available players are talented but have flaws. Most of them are one-way players and RC tries to balance his lineups.
Like Reply