MavsBoard
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived (/showthread.php?tid=8)

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - omahen - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 12:36 AM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 12:22 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: As well as OKC is playing, I wonder if they will be buyers or sellers at the TDL ?  I guess it depends if they are still in the hunt for a playoff berth. That treasure trove of picks has them in the drivers seat.

I don’t think buyers but the thought crossed my mind.  However I do think they will just hum along until a good offer shows up.  They have no urgency to make any rash decisions.  We are doing this with players hurt too.  And lost Russ/PG/Grant.

I will say, I’ve been hard on Billy but he is coaching them up.  I think his issue was walking into a playoff team whereas now he is able to coach and place players in how he wants them too.  Not a slam on KD, Russ, Melo, PG, Grant and others but they were harder to coach.  When they all left he can implement his system

You got better with the Westbrook trade, so the result is pretty logical. Plus you got picks for it. Presti is manager of the year :-)

I was saying before season start that this is a good team and didn't understand why they should blow it up with all the players and picks they have. Just extend Gallo and look for opportunity when next disgruntled star wants out. They have plenty of assets for any kind of deal.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - ClutchDirk - 12-19-2019

https://twitter.com/ringer/status/1207757820092796928

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - ThunderMav - 12-19-2019

(12-19-2019, 07:02 AM)Romahen Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 12:36 AM)ThunderMav Wrote:
(12-19-2019, 12:22 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: As well as OKC is playing, I wonder if they will be buyers or sellers at the TDL ?  I guess it depends if they are still in the hunt for a playoff berth. That treasure trove of picks has them in the drivers seat.

I don’t think buyers but the thought crossed my mind.  However I do think they will just hum along until a good offer shows up.  They have no urgency to make any rash decisions.  We are doing this with players hurt too.  And lost Russ/PG/Grant.

I will say, I’ve been hard on Billy but he is coaching them up.  I think his issue was walking into a playoff team whereas now he is able to coach and place players in how he wants them too.  Not a slam on KD, Russ, Melo, PG, Grant and others but they were harder to coach.  When they all left he can implement his system

You got better with the Westbrook trade, so the result is pretty logical. Plus you got picks for it. Presti is manager of the year :-)

I was saying before season start that this is a good team and didn't understand why they should blow it up with all the players and picks they have. Just extend Gallo and look for opportunity when next disgruntled star wants out. They have plenty of assets for any kind of deal.

Its a challenge.  No way to add player to compete.  Yet too good to tank.  I think they will just keep humming along until a team sees a must have player to compete and offers a lot.  Yet they have no need to make a rash decision.  Fans seem more happy this year than past and I chalk it up to no pressure to go for a title.  Fans started off with zero expectations other than to just enjoy BB yet have fallen for the effort they give.

CP3 had a bad rep when he got here mainly it was him saying he didn’t want to be here.  His camp and team camp have worked hard to undo that and its working.  He is coaching up players.  Saying right things.  Doing civic things.  So his rep is much better

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Hypermav - 12-19-2019

Hawks, Bucks, Nets and Clippers tonight.  If I could pick one for sure it would be the Rockets losing to the Clippers.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Hypermav - 12-19-2019

Watching the Bucks and Lakers, two awesome teams that have one great thing in common.  They both lost on their home court to the mighty Mavs.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - iolide - 12-20-2019

Man, some teams just match up well against others. 

Houston matches up well vs the Clippers. This game turned upside down for the Clippers.

We match up well vs the Lakers and Rockets. 

We definitely don't match up well vs Clippers and Boston lol

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Mavs2019 - 12-20-2019

The more I hear Giannis talk, the more I think he won´t leave Milwaukee in the next 5-6 years. I kinda like the idea of throwing the max at Isaac and if the Magic match it, just make a trade offer for Gordon (Brunson+Powell+pick?). Then try to sign Smart or Oladipo. Probably even have a little left money to play with.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - MrGoat - 12-20-2019

I have to admit, a Rockets Clippers series looks like it could be a ton of fun to watch. The ire between Westbrook and Beverly could also help it get chippy, that and what happened the last time the Clippers played the Rockets in the playoffs

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - ThunderMav - 12-20-2019

^^^

They do not like each other.  Started when Pat took out Russ in playoffs cost him rest of playoffs.  Been going on since.

Nov:
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1198126399946670081

Last night:
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1207905444825649152

Man this team amazes me compared to expectations.  14-14 and we lost so many close games too.  We get LAC Sun at home.  We lost 90-88 on road last time we played so maybe we can take em down.  We’re playing much better now too. I have no illusions of going anywhere in playoffs but if we can hold on to a seed we can at least make life hard on Clippers or Lakers due to physical play.  Curious how many boo’s PG gets.  I would not boo him but suspect some will. 

SGA is really maturing as a player too.

https://twitter.com/BradyDoesSports/status/1208226508659208193

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Jym - 12-20-2019

(12-20-2019, 10:41 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Man this team amazes me compared to expectations.  14-14 and we lost so many close games too.  We get LAC Sun at home.  We lost 90-88 on road last time we played so maybe we can take em down.  We’re playing much better now too. I have no illusions of going anywhere in playoffs but if we can hold on to a seed we can at least make life hard on Clippers or Lakers due to physical play.  Curious how many boo’s PG gets.  I would not boo him but suspect some will. 

The power of 4 smart, effective starters. Just a question of depth especially at SF.
Gonna be a tough team in the playoffs if you guys pull off a trade for a halfway decent SF and Paul is actually healthy

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Kammrath - 12-20-2019

https://twitter.com/NBAquickreport/status/1208180324695511040

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1208180918336180224

^^^

OMG that was nasty!

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - fifteenth - 12-20-2019

Is it legal to jump that high?

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - ThunderMav - 12-21-2019

(12-20-2019, 10:48 PM)Jym Wrote:
(12-20-2019, 10:41 PM)ThunderMav Wrote: Man this team amazes me compared to expectations.  14-14 and we lost so many close games too.  We get LAC Sun at home.  We lost 90-88 on road last time we played so maybe we can take em down.  We’re playing much better now too. I have no illusions of going anywhere in playoffs but if we can hold on to a seed we can at least make life hard on Clippers or Lakers due to physical play.  Curious how many boo’s PG gets.  I would not boo him but suspect some will. 

The power of 4 smart, effective starters. Just a question of depth especially at SF.
Gonna be a tough team in the playoffs if you guys pull off a trade for a halfway decent SF and Paul is actually healthy

I don’t think we’ll have Gallo he is on expiring and we’ll need to trade him for value else lose him for nothing.  Dennis might be gone too he is playing great.  We are too thin to lose anyone and keep a seed.  Its still fun tho regardless what happens.  Some good young players.  It would surprise me if we tried to add pieces.  We won’t tank but we won’t add either and likely lose some depth.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - omahen - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 12:26 AM)ThunderMav Wrote: I don’t think we’ll have Gallo he is on expiring and we’ll need to trade him for value else lose him for nothing.  Dennis might be gone too he is playing great.  We are too thin to lose anyone and keep a seed.  Its still fun tho regardless what happens.  Some good young players.  It would surprise me if we tried to add pieces.  We won’t tank but we won’t add either and likely lose some depth.

I never understood why would you need to blow it up with all the picks that you have. How many more do you need? You can upgrade to a top 5 pick every year with all the picks you have. Or you can use your picks in various trades:

Option 1: You can trade Gallo for Embid Smile than bring him back in the summer. Philly could use an expiring and really needs a scorer. Trade Adams for Hayward

Option 2: Let's get more serious. Trade Roberson for someone like Morris or Bogdanovic. Trade for Beasley and/or Hernangomez from Denver.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - iolide - 12-21-2019

@"ThunderMav" PlunderingPurple; I bet you must be excited for your team. Everyone, including a lot of OKC fans, did not expect them to play like this. SGA is going to be a stud. He reminds a bit of Kawhi, honestly. He's going to be a tremendous 2-way player. Personally, I'd keep Adams and build around SGA - put shooters around him and the Thunder will be back up in no time.

Man, I'm continually impressed with Sam Presti. Just when you think things are going to go south, his Plan B always comes back and creates something out of nothing. I've always like OKC and have some family there so good for them.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Mavs2019 - 12-21-2019

(12-20-2019, 11:50 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is it legal to jump that high?
Not really. Love was set and outside of the restricted area, so should have been an offensive foul. Was it?

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - Dahlsim - 12-21-2019

(12-20-2019, 11:50 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Is it legal to jump that high?

In Ohio, yes, not in 49 other states.

RE: Around the NBA 2019-2020 - ThunderMav - 12-21-2019

(12-21-2019, 11:42 AM)iolide Wrote: @"ThunderMav" PlunderingPurple; I bet you must be excited for your team. Everyone, including a lot of OKC fans, did not expect them to play like this. SGA is going to be a stud. He reminds a bit of Kawhi, honestly. He's going to be a tremendous 2-way player. Personally, I'd keep Adams and build around SGA - put shooters around him and the Thunder will be back up in no time.

Man, I'm continually impressed with Sam Presti. Just when you think things are going to go south, his Plan B always comes back and creates something out of nothing. I've always like OKC and have some family there so good for them.

He has turned CP3 around.  From someone who didn’t want to be here to someone who is showing signs of caring.  CP is great for teaching young players which I thought he would be horrible in that regard.  Its possible we have keep him for the 3 hears which then it might change the plan a bit.  If so then we have to keep Adams which I wanted to anyways.  And Noel has been great off the bench he has not been disruptive at all and I think he’s accepted his role and moved on from the past.  Gallo is the player we always needed and never had.  I assume he wants to move on due to expiring but it would be fun to keep him.  SGA is a great piece for the future.  And Dennis gives us points off bench plus can close.  I have no idea what Sam will do but he has options