MavsBoard
AROUND the NBA: Pat Bev Suspended 4 Games Next Season| PHX Fires Vogel - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AROUND the NBA: Pat Bev Suspended 4 Games Next Season| PHX Fires Vogel (/showthread.php?tid=2171)

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - ThisIStheYear - 01-19-2024

PJ is bad. Very low true shooting. Mediocre at best pretty much everywhere else. Negative ratings in the summary stats like LEBRON. There’s not a single data point I see in his favor. I suspect he’s liked on this board because he had a good game or two against the Mavs, which is a cognitive bias. Any rosterable player will have some good games, it’s performance over time that matters. I don’t mind having him on the roster, just wouldn’t give up a meaningful asset. The rumor is Omax and a second plus salary filler (would have to be Holmes since he’s without on court value, and PJ isn’t worth a player with value). I’d maybe give up Hardy, a similarly distresssed asset, but not Omax. Not a chance in Hell.

I similarly dislike Kuz and most of the other guys floated here outside of Siakam (who we just didn’t have the ammo to get). I like WCJ or Drummond as a minor move for a higher minute backup and even Tobias a little. But it doesn’t look like this is the regular season for an impactful trade.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - mvossman - 01-19-2024

(01-19-2024, 05:39 AM)Nowitzki Way Wrote: I think Bagley is a decent player. He just didn't live up to the hype of being the #2 overall pick.

Doesn't help that the next 3 picks were Luka, JJJ, and Trae. 

But i'd take him as a bench big over Powell and probably Kleber too.

His on court impact has been wildly below both Powell or Maxi.  Youth would be the only thing going for him, but after 6 years he likely is what he is.  Detroit is a good place for him to put up empty stats.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-19-2024

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39315132/lowe-utah-success-backfired-hawks-trade-okc-two-man-game

Zach Lowe's weekly NBA roundup.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-19-2024

(01-19-2024, 02:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: His on court impact has been wildly below both Powell or Maxi.  Youth would be the only thing going for him, but after 6 years he likely is what he is.  Detroit is a good place for him to put up empty stats.

He got traded to the Wizards last week.

(01-19-2024, 08:02 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I really liked the gamble Washington took on Bagley (and Livers).  I don't have any grand expectations that Bagley turns into Julius Randle, but it is a solid gamble.  That is what bad teams should be doing.  Try turning a D asset into a C asset.   I haven't read much about the trade but as usual, I am not sure what Detroit is doing.

Me either. Troy Weaver has been disappointing for a guy who was Sam Presti's understudy. I would have kept Bagley and shuffled off Wiseman, but that's just me.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - DallasMaverick - 01-19-2024

(01-19-2024, 02:49 PM)mvossman Wrote: His on court impact has been wildly below both Powell or Maxi.  Youth would be the only thing going for him, but after 6 years he likely is what he is.  Detroit is a good place for him to put up empty stats.

We had the same thoughts about Wood. Maybe he’s salvageable…

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - Mavs2021 - 01-19-2024

Since the "Dwight Powell is better than Julius Randle" and "I wouldn´t trade Kleber for Markkanen straight up"-posts from 3-4 years ago have gotten old. Let´s re-visit this one in five years. Wink Tongue

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - KillerLeft - 01-19-2024

(01-19-2024, 11:21 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Since the "Dwight Powell is better than Julius Randle" and "I wouldn´t trade Kleber for Markkanen straight up"-posts from 3-4 years ago have gotten old. Let´s re-visit this one in five years. Wink Tongue

First one is still true. Randle suuuuuucks.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - dirkfansince1998 - 01-20-2024

B2B game winners from Dejounte Murray.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1748553395210785226

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - mvossman - 01-20-2024

(01-19-2024, 11:21 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Since the "Dwight Powell is better than Julius Randle" and "I wouldn´t trade Kleber for Markkanen straight up"-posts from 3-4 years ago have gotten old. Let´s re-visit this one in five years. Wink Tongue

Those arguments were about fit, and in Randle's case it still applies.  He is shooting under 30% from 3, he is not a P&R guy, he doesn't protect the rim and is not a good defender in general.  He would be a bad fit on this team and Bagley is a much shittier version of Randle.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-22-2024

Joel Embiid scores a franchise record 70 pts breaking Wilt Chamberlain's record of 68. He was 24-41 from the field, 21-23 from the line, with 18 rebs in a 133-123 win over the Spurs.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - Chicagojk - 01-23-2024

https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1749839887338013047?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

I made a few comments into the offseason that I was torn on Ayton, but I probably wouldn’t have thought twice including Hardaway and Kleber for him. Mavs may have gotten lucky there. Ayton has not been very good this year. And yet, I still wonder if he is a buy low candidate for some team.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - DallasMaverick - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 04:42 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: https://x.com/thedunkcentral/status/1749839887338013047?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg

I made a few comments into the offseason that I was torn on Ayton, but I probably wouldn’t have thought twice including Hardaway and Kleber for him.  Mavs may have gotten lucky there.  Ayton has not been very good this year.  And yet, I still wonder if he is a buy low candidate for some team.

Sure. 

Along with Kyle Lowry, Ben Simmons, Andrew Wiggins, Tobias Harris, Gordon Hayward, & Evan Fournier.

Cap-killing underperformers who make it really hard to assemble a championship roster.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-23-2024

(01-23-2024, 05:01 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Sure. 

Along with Kyle Lowry, Ben Simmons, Andrew Wiggins, Tobias Harris, Gordon Hayward, & Evan Fournier.

Cap-killing underperformers who make it really hard to assemble a championship roster.

Tobias Harris shouldn't be on the list. He's better than those others. Does he make too much, sure. But he's been pretty consistent being the 3rd wheel on Philly.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-24-2024

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1750027020132843999

Looks like the Bucks may have their man...

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - RGP1981 - 01-24-2024

I was randomly browsing round on the tube and came across these Draymond voice-over videos. Didn't know that was a thing, lol. There's a lot more than these 2 vids. The donkey voice-over bits are too funny. Big Grin

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - Chicagojk - 01-24-2024

Luka and Kyrie are questionable tonight. I hope they can play!

Funny how the season ebbs and flows. Suns on a 6 game win streak. At the end of the year when Dallas beat them they appeared to be in a rough place. Now they are in front of the Mavs and appear to be pointing up. Question: do we feel confident the Mavs can put together 6 wins or are they win one, lose one for the rest of the year?

RE: AROUND the NBA: Amazon acquires Diamond Sports| GSW asst. coach dies - omahen - 01-24-2024

(01-24-2024, 08:53 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: Luka and Kyrie are questionable tonight.  I hope they can play! 

Funny how the season ebbs and flows.  Suns on a 6 game win streak.  At the end of the year when Dallas beat them they appeared to be in a rough place.  Now they are in front of the Mavs and appear to be pointing up.  Question: do we feel confident the Mavs can put together 6 wins or are they win one, lose one for the rest of the year?

I don't feel they have the capacity for that kind of stretch. Most of the games are tough in these days as most of the teams are competing and Mavs depend a lot on good shooting to win. Perhaps in a month if we can stay healthy.

Personally, I am totally satisfied with 50-50 score until the end of the season. With a bit of luck it could be enough for a 5-6 spot, worst case 7-8.

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR protests game| Griffin fired - SleepingHero - 01-24-2024

Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
BREAKING: Doc Rivers is finalizing an agreement to become the next coach of the Milwaukee Bucks, sources tell ESPN. The Bucks are getting the coach they targeted over the past 24 hours.

RE: AROUND the NBA: POR protests game| Bucks hire Doc - HoosierDaddyKidd - 01-25-2024

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1750281236637987009?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1750281236637987009%7Ctwgr%5E2bec76b7dfd017a3007598dc27d7e4184b2f0111%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fclutchpoints.com%2Fspurs-news-shaquille-oneal-claims-bol-bol-is-a-little-better-but-lazy-compared-to-victor-wembanyama

Shaq says Bol-Bol is just as good as Wemby, LOL