MavsBoard
AROUND the NBA: Pat Bev Suspended 4 Games Next Season| PHX Fires Vogel - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: AROUND the NBA: Pat Bev Suspended 4 Games Next Season| PHX Fires Vogel (/showthread.php?tid=2171)

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - Mavs2021 - 04-08-2023

UFA 23 year old C Azubuike playing Jokic to a stand still. Playing behind Kessler in Utah. If only there was a team desperate for a starting center that can offer big minutes. Undecided

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - Chicagojk - 04-08-2023

(04-08-2023, 03:35 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: UFA 23 year old C Azubuike playing Jokic to a stand still. Playing behind Kessler in Utah. If only there was a team desperate for a starting center that can offer big minutes. Undecided

He is someone I kept an eye on but he just never hit.  The guy the mavs should have looked at clear is Luka Samanic.  Maybe his is not an nba player but he fits the measurables and is still young.  He was on the Knicks G league team free for anyone to sign.  Utah picked him up recently and I believe already guaranteed his contract next year.  Think we could have used a 6’10 guy who could walk and chew gum?

There are not many options out there but Dallas made no effort after the Kyrie trade to try to fill an obvious hole.

(04-08-2023, 03:35 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: UFA 23 year old C Azubuike playing Jokic to a stand still. Playing behind Kessler in Utah. If only there was a team desperate for a starting center that can offer big minutes. Undecided

He is someone I kept an eye on but he just never hit.  The guy the mavs should have looked at clear is Luka Samanic.  Maybe his is not an nba player but he fits the measurables and is still young.  He was on the Knicks G league team free for anyone to sign.  Utah picked him up recently and I believe already guaranteed his contract next year.  Think we could have used a 6’10 guy who could walk and chew gum?

There are not many options out there but Dallas made no effort after the Kyrie trade to try to fill an obvious hole.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - omahen - 04-09-2023

A couple of moves today. Any of the guys released any good? 

(1) Dave McMenamin on Twitter: "The Lakers are signing two players today to add depth for the postseason, sources told ESPN. L.A. will sign guard Shaq Harrison, a defensive-minded point guard, and Tristan Thompson, a veteran center with playoff experience on LeBron James’ teams in Cleveland. Both players…" / Twitter

(1) Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Knicks are signing F Isaiah Roby for the rest of season and through 2023-2024, his agents Zach Kurtin and Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Deal includes significant guaranteed money. Roby’s averaged 7.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in 151 games with OKC and Spurs." / Twitter

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - Mavs2021 - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 02:33 PM)omahen Wrote: A couple of moves today. Any of the guys released any good? I am sure Mavs 2012 could make a contender out of them Smile

(1) Dave McMenamin on Twitter: "The Lakers are signing two players today to add depth for the postseason, sources told ESPN. L.A. will sign guard Shaq Harrison, a defensive-minded point guard, and Tristan Thompson, a veteran center with playoff experience on LeBron James’ teams in Cleveland. Both players…" / Twitter

(1) Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Knicks are signing F Isaiah Roby for the rest of season and through 2023-2024, his agents Zach Kurtin and Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Deal includes significant guaranteed money. Roby’s averaged 7.7 points and 4.4 rebounds in 151 games with OKC and Spurs." / Twitter

I understand that you don´t give a f*** about the Mavs long-term prospects and want them to blow all their remaining assets on a starting level player, so Luka has a better chance to win now or demand a trade earlier, cause the Mavs screwed that up too.

At least have the decency to act truthfully. Signing players like Reed, Bitadze, McDaniels, Azubuike, Mykhailiuk is not about finding stars or even sure fire starters. It´s about strengthening the roster in a cost-effective manner, while also allowing for potential upside due to age and opportunity. That´s how literally every team in this league builds winners. That´s what I am arguing for.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - omahen - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 02:41 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: At least have the decency to act truthfully. Signing players like Reed, Bitadze, McDaniels, Azubuike, Mykhailiuk is not about finding stars or even sure fire starters. It´s about strengthening the roster in a cost-effective manner, while also allowing for potential upside due to age and opportunity. That´s how literally every team in this league builds winners. That´s what I am arguing for.

Show me a post where I was against that... I just think you oversimplify things. And I also pointed out that Mavs actually do sign guys like that here and there. Besides FN and Jackson I mentioned earlier, there were also Chriss, M.Brown, Iwundu in last three years. Not counting the 2-way guys.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-09-2023

Dwane Casey is out as Detroit's coach. Will move into a position in the front office. Stephen Silas is also out in Houston. Black Sunday instead of Monday.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/36135761/out-pistons-coach-dwane-casey-move-front-office

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/36135539/sources-stephen-silas-return-rockets-coach

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - Mavs2021 - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 03:13 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dwyane Casey out as Detroit coach. Will move into a position in the front office. Stephen Silas is also out in Houston. Black Sunday instead of Monday.

Silas is a weird one. Did they want to win this season? Their young players developed nicely. What did he do wrong?

This should be a bit concerning that the Rockets actually might go for a win now approach next season that could include Kyrie Irving as a target.

Otherwise I don´t understand why they´d fire Silas at this point.

Casey is 65 years old. Probably doesn´t have the energy for the daily coaching (and rebuilding) grind anymore. They´ll likely target a younger coach for their project now.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-09-2023

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645149136402935810?cxt=HHwWhMCz3Yqb39QtAAAA

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645145771015061506

Fight for the last playoff spot in the west is super tied. So far it looks like NO, LAL and LAC will have same score on places 6-8. Who has the tie breaker in this case?

Clippers with everyone healthy available are losing against end of bench Phoenix Smile

Warriors score a NBA record 55 pts in the 1st quarter vs Blazers. This team is not one I'd want to see in the 1st round.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - Chicagojk - 04-09-2023

Well maybe Rudy Gobert will become available.  Just threw a punch…ar his own teammate

(04-09-2023, 03:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well maybe Rudy Gobert will become available.  Just threw a punch…ar his own teammate

Against Slo-Mo. The T-Wolves sent his ass home too. Not a good look when they're already losing the game. This could cost them playoff positioning. He should be suspended by the team if not the league. Vets don't do that.

(04-09-2023, 03:50 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Well maybe Rudy Gobert will become available.  Just threw a punch…ar his own teammate

WTF.

Wow, Gobert is an idiot.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - F Gump - 04-09-2023

(04-09-2023, 03:35 PM)omahen Wrote: Fight for the last playoff spot in the west is super tied. So far it looks like NO, LAL and LAC will have same score on places 6-8. Who has the tie breaker in this case?

Clippers with everyone healthy available are losing against end of bench Phoenix Smile

LAL will finish 7. LAC and NO are 5 and 8 if both win, and 8 and 6 if LAC loses while NO wins.

Also read Jaden McDaniels punched a wall and is questionable for the play-in game.

Edwards be like: Remember when I was supposed to be the emotional volatile problem child. Undecided

(04-09-2023, 04:54 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Also read Jaden McDaniels punched a wall and is questionable for the play-in game.

Edwards be like: Remember when I was supposed to be the emotional volatile problem child. Undecided

His hand is fractured. Him and Gobert showing signs of immaturity. Depending on the severity, McDaniels could be out longer than just the play-in. Just dumb shit.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - Chicagojk - 04-09-2023

Memphis.   The lost today and it was also a practice game, but Kenneth Lofton Jr had 42 and 14 rebounds.    Memphis had two first round picks and also a mid second round pick, yet when the drafted ended they moved quickly and signed two undrafted free agents to two way deals.    Dallas dicked around and moved at a glazier pace and eventually signed a center from Michigan State to bring him into camp.  He didn't even make our G-league team.  For the life of me, I have no idea why they appear so cautious looking at these type of players.  Lofton has a lot of work to do and if he doesn't prioritize fitness he probably won't be long for the NBA.  But if he does, he is a load.

4 vs 5 and  3 vs 6 in the West is going to be salty.   The loser of the 4 vs 5 is going to feel like the year is a failure.   3 vs 6 is the hot high scoring startup vs the established team that knows how to win big games.  A lot of fun.

It really sucks the Mavs are not in the playoffs.  Although a small part of me is glad I don't need to watch this team any longer.   They were a tough watch all year long.  Very little joy watching them this year....maybe only a few games.   And I probably watched 78-80 games.

RE: AROUND the NBA: George hurts knee? | Jordan to sell CHA? - RoyTarpleysGhost - 04-09-2023

Not a good day for MIN

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1645188844579422208

(04-09-2023, 03:22 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Silas is a weird one. Did they want to win this season? Their young players developed nicely. What did he do wrong?

Did they? Every Houston fan I know thinks the season has been a disaster. Green and KPJ just chuck up shots. Jabari Smith wasn’t good either. No structure to the team.