MavsBoard
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap (/showthread.php?tid=2150)

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - Kammrath - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 09:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: If I am the Nets, I tell the Lakers to find another suitor for Westbrook where we can get players that help us know.   That may be a dead end and in time they may accept Westbrook plus picks.  I assume Lakers aren't offering two picks right now.   So I would let them sweat for now.

It is interesting. 

LAL and BRK need each other, but LAL is the real cog here and they are under the gun in a way no one else is. I bet the Mavs would take Irving if no pick is required (and maybe another team as well). So BRK has a fall back plan likely. 

Question is whether LAL will offer up the pick(s) to make it happen. BRK probably wants the pick(s) more than anything so they will wait and threaten other teams having interest (using the media to conjure that up, like saying the Mavs will be "aggressive" in pursuit of KI). 

LAL is stuck. Either trade RWB with pick(s) attached OR trade AD/LB. What will LAL choose to do?

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - Smitty - 07-06-2022

REPORT: The Dallas Mavericks linked to Bojan Bogdanovic as a trade target.

- One player who the Mavericks could target this summer is Utah Jazz forward Bojan Bogdanovic. As it stands, the Jazz are looking to reshape their roster around Donovan Mitchell, while Bogdanovic could be a solid scorer for Dallas.

(via NBA WORLD)

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - Kammrath - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 10:03 AM)Smitty Wrote: REPORT: The Dallas Mavericks linked to Bojan Bogdanovic as a trade target.

- One player who the Mavericks could target this summer is Utah Jazz forward Bojan Bogdanovic. As it stands, the Jazz are looking to reshape their roster around Donovan Mitchell, while Bogdanovic could be a solid scorer for Dallas.

(via NBA WORLD)

Total speculation from Grant Afseth there. No "report" and no "source", just fan speculation.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - Smitty - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 10:10 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Total speculation

Like everything else we’ve discussed here.

I do wonder what a potential trade would look like.

(07-06-2022, 10:14 AM)Smitty Wrote: Like everything else we’ve discussed here.

A lot of what has been discussed here comes from connected reporters. So not "everything." Certainly some stuff has no report behind it.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - mvossman - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 10:14 AM)Smitty Wrote: Like everything else we’ve discussed here.

I do wonder what a potential trade would look like.

Not sure it makes sense to target another offense only player.

(07-06-2022, 10:24 AM)Kammrath Wrote: A lot of what has been discussed here comes from connected reporters. So not "everything." Certainly some stuff has no report behind it.

We spent two full days talking about a Ben Simmons trade.  Wink

(07-06-2022, 10:27 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not sure it makes sense to target another offense only player.

I tend to agree. A lot of different directions the Mavs can go with a trade but in the end I still believe whatever trade, if any, will be to reduce payroll with “hope” that it’s at worse a neutral ‘on-court’ trade off.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - ItsGoTime - 07-06-2022

When I read that I was thinking the Bogdanovich from Atl (Bogdan) and thought, that would play right into what this forum has been thinking. Bogdan, I think, is just as likely to be traded now that they got Murray.

(07-06-2022, 10:56 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Bogdan

Wouldn't shock me.....

.....as part of the JC deal. Wink

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1544718316735963136

https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/1544718632554532864

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - mvossman - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 10:56 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: When I read that I was thinking the Bogdanovich from Atl (Bogdan) and thought, that would play right into what this forum has been thinking. Bogdan, I think, is just as likely to be traded now that they got Murray.

Me too.  I would be more interested him than the other one.  Not sure they would be interested in Timmy.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - SleepingHero - 07-06-2022

I like either Bogdanovic's 

UTA's is older, but he was one of the few valuable guys on the court. ATL's can actually play make a bit. Just depends on the cost. Given rule no.1 is Don't deal with Ainge makes me nervous to even make an offer.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1544726136730464260

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - Jommybone - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 10:27 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not sure it makes sense to target another offense only player.

Is that who Bojan is? I thought he looked pretty good defensively against us.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - KillerLeft - 07-06-2022

I wouldn't be super excited about Bogdanovich (from Utah), but he IS a forward, and so in theory, he could be the backup for DFS this team desperately needs. Can play 3 or 4, just like the great DFS, but I was hoping for someone a little bigger...a little more explosive. 

Still, if the price was cheap (Ainge, remember) I wouldn't hate it. 

I think with Brunson leaving, one could argue that the Mavs need ATL's Bogdanovic as much or more than this one.

(07-06-2022, 12:23 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think with Brunson leaving, one could argue that the Mavs need ATL's Bogdanovic as much or more than this one.

This is my thought.  Would be a good secondary playmaker in the starting lineup.  Not a great defender (probably Din level) but doesn't have the size limitations Brunson does.  Don't think THJ gets it done, so not sure what we would send.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - Winter - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 12:59 PM)mvossman Wrote: This is my thought.  Would be a good secondary playmaker in the starting lineup.  Not a great defender (probably Din level) but doesn't have the size limitations Brunson does.  Don't think THJ gets it done, so not sure what we would send.

I personally don't think Bogdanovich for Hardaway and filler is much of a game changer. I think there would have to be broader package of players, and I'm skeptical of that.

RE: TRADE & FA: DAL likes Thybulle? | no traction of Kyrie to LAL - KillerLeft - 07-06-2022

(07-06-2022, 01:40 PM)Winter Wrote: I personally don't think Bogdanovich for Hardaway and filler is much of a game changer.

This is about ATL Bogdanovich, yes? 

I think he and Hardaway are on similar levels, and it's a matter of fit. If you want catch and shoot, off-ball relocation, I think you prefer THJ. If you think you need playmaking, on-ball skills more, you prefer Bogdanovich. I could make an argument either way at this point, no idea what the Mavs would think.