MavsBoard
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap (/showthread.php?tid=2150)

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - Kammrath - 01-27-2023

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1619121672610807809

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - KillerLeft - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 08:56 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1619121672610807809

lol..."big 3"

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 01-27-2023

I assumed before clicking that the BiG 3 was NYK: Brunson, Barrett, Randle. Which is only slightly less funny. They are the preeminent Big 3 Lefty Team though. Maybe of all-time even!

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - F Gump - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 04:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I was speaking about the idea of having to pay a 1st AND RB for Quickley. No chance. I am not saying I would ONLY trade RB for Quickley. I just don't think Quickley to NYK is worth that much more (if any) than RB.

I very much agree.

NY wants Bullock (who has real value as a 2-way wing, now that he's hitting 3s again).

The fair price would be Quickley (or Grimes) and filler (presumably Reddish).

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - Chicagojk - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 06:10 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1619099898695262208

Hart has always been one of my favorite role players.  His poor shooting this year is concerning.  He is a winning player and tough.  Odd it has not worked out very well for him in Portland this year.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - Mavs2021 - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 09:28 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Hart has always been one of my favorite role players.  His poor shooting this year is concerning.  He is a winning player and tough.  Odd it has not worked out very well for him in Portland this year.

Hart/Lillard on/off is +10. By far the best of their starters. I seriously doubt they are interested in breaking them up, unless it´s a money issue.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - HoosierDaddyKid - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 09:04 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: I assumed before clicking that the BiG 3 was NYK: Brunson, Barrett, Randle. Which is only slightly less funny. They are the preeminent Big 3 Lefty Team though. Maybe of all-time even!

Brunson and Randle have been off the charts. Barrett not so much.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - The Jom - 01-27-2023

Hate the rumors this year. Aingeflation has ruined NBA trades. Nobody’s gonna match anybody’s price. Only really bad contracts will get exchanged.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - Ghost of Podkolzin - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 09:05 PM)F Gump Wrote:  I very much agree.

NY wants Bullock (who has real value as a 2-way wing, now that he's hitting 3s again).

The fair price would be Quickley (or Grimes) and filler (presumably Reddish).

I'm surprised more people aren't interested in Grimes.

(01-27-2023, 10:00 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Brunson and Randle have been off the charts. Barrett not so much.

Watched that game last night.  Damn they're a duo.  That block to end the game by Brunson was nasty.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - DanSchwartzgan - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 04:30 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I was speaking about the idea of having to pay a 1st AND RB for Quickley. No chance. I am not saying I would ONLY trade RB for Quickley. I just don't think Quickley to NYK is worth that much more (if any) than RB.

Not sure if you are referring to my trade idea this morning or something that was posted since.  To be clear, my idea was to retrieve our 23 and give them a more lightly protected pick in the future.  A swap of picks, not an additional pick.

I think if you polled teams as to who has more value…Reggie or Quickley, I think most would say Quickley.  I think there has to be additional value going to NY.  My thought was the distant first so that we could use 23 and 25 for another purpose.  

Sorry if your post was referring to something else.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - ItsGoTime - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 09:05 PM)F Gump Wrote: Bullock (who has real value as a 2-way wing, now that he's hitting 3s again).
His defense is still in debate as he still looks a step slow. His 3 is as small sample size as you can get.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - Okstate819 - 01-27-2023

Getting Quickly for Bullock would be a home run but i think very unlikely NY moves him. Along the lines of getting a young guard and 3rd ball handler, what about Bones Hyland? Den said to be shopping him for win now pieces.

Hyland + filler for Bullock?

All i know about Bones is watching him torch us in person this year while we lost to the Jokic/Murray/Gordon less Nuggets.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - Kammrath - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 10:25 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Not sure if you are referring to my trade idea this morning or something that was posted since.  To be clear, my idea was to retrieve our 23 and give them a more lightly protected pick in the future.  A swap of picks, not an additional pick.

I think if you polled teams as to who has more value…Reggie or Quickley, I think most would say Quickley.  I think there has to be additional value going to NY.  My thought was the distant first so that we could use 23 and 25 for another purpose.  

Sorry if your post was referring to something else.

Wasn't responding to you. There were others suggesting that a 1st would need to be attached to RB to get Quickley. 

Your idea I would be fine with. And I can get the idea of Quickley having slightly more value than RB due to potential and age. 

But I do not think that Quickley has a value of an additional 1st rounder to RB. I think RB has about 1st round value himself in this current market (when you consider his recent shooting splits) and plays a very coveted and needed wing position. I do not think Quickley has the value of TWO 1st rounders. I think that is absurd for a former late 1st round draft pick with his career shooting splits and inconsistent role and production.If the Mavs had a middle of the pack 1st rounder this year and had the theoretical opportunity to trade it for Quickley, I am not 100% sure I would do that. I like him as a prospect, but I value a single 1st very highly.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - F Gump - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 10:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: His defense is still in debate as he still looks a step slow. His 3 is as small sample size as you can get.

As you talk RB down, I am reminded of the objective opinion we're hearing -- which is that NY wants to get him back there.

That desire means they must think he will make them better -- and they would certainly have to be prepared to give assets to get him. Knicks gotta give to get -- heck, the asking price for ANY role player these days that a team asks about is a quality young player AND a FRP or two.

NY has experience with him, knows what he offers, likes him, and even saw him be VERY valuable in the playoffs last year (and I would wager his playoff bona fides is a big deal for them). Both Quickley and Grimes are about the same place in pecking order for minutes as RB is in DAL. So Quickley or Grimes plus filler (presumably Reddish), to get a guy you want, in comparison to the marketplace these days, looks cheap in comparison.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - SamStetz - 01-27-2023

Playing around with different rumors and the trade machine, if Dallas wants to move McGee for another center my ideal target would be Noel. A straight up McGee-Noel swap doesn’t work. However, turning two rumored deals into 3-team trades would allow the McGee-Noel swap to happen. 

DAL: Reddish/Quickley/Noel
DET: McGee/second round compensation 
NYK: Bullock

OR

DAL: LeVert/Noel
CLE: THJ

Same concept applies for Holmes (who likely won’t cost any second round picks because Stein reports he's a buyout candidate). Remove Quickley and if Dallas gets their 2023 pick back, would they go after Bog, or a different target?

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - mvossman - 01-27-2023

(01-27-2023, 11:26 PM)F Gump Wrote: As you talk RB down, I am reminded of the objective opinion we're hearing -- which is that NY wants to get him back there.

That desire means they must think he will make them better -- and they would certainly have to be prepared to give assets to get him. Knicks gotta give to get -- heck, the asking price for ANY role player these days that a team asks about is a quality young player AND a FRP or two.

NY has experience with him, knows what he offers, likes him, and even saw him be VERY valuable in the playoffs last year (and I would wager his playoff bona fides is a big deal for them). Both Quickley and Grimes are about the same place in pecking order for minutes as RB is in DAL. So Quickley or Grimes plus filler (presumably Reddish), to get a guy you want, in comparison to the marketplace these days, looks cheap in comparison.

NY might be interested in getting Bullock back, but that does not mean they would be willing to part with Quickley or Grimes for him.  I would be more than happy to send out Bullock plus two seconds for either plus filler, but I doubt NY goes for it.

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - ItsGoTime - 01-28-2023

(01-27-2023, 11:26 PM)F Gump Wrote: As you talk RB down
As I put 2 and 2 together and see that NY is looking to move Reddish with no other player being talked about, yes, NYK want Bullock for the price of Reddish. You think Bullock is worth more, I'm guessing they believe different, because of the performance Bullock has put up this year. His small sample size of good 3 shooting and season long deficiency in defense IS the reason that is not fully unreasonable of an ask. But, they do want him, they know of his early season woes and late season heroics, the one unique team that we might be able to capitalize on whatever value Bullock might bring, but Quickley? You're out of your mind.

Also to Kamm, Bullock worth a first? Really?

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - ItsGoTime - 01-28-2023

The last post and also, NYK are in negotiation for OG Anunoby. Why isn't that 2 and 2 put together and made out to be negotiating through the media to lower Tor's price?

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - SamStetz - 01-28-2023

(01-27-2023, 11:39 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Playing around with different rumors and the trade machine, if Dallas wants to move McGee for another center my ideal target would be Noel. A straight up McGee-Noel swap doesn’t work. However, turning two rumored deals into 3-team trades would allow the McGee-Noel swap to happen. 

DAL: Reddish/Quickley/Noel
NYK: Bullock

OR

DAL: LeVert/Noel
CLE: THJ

Same concept applies for Holmes (who likely won’t cost any second round picks because Stein reports he's a buyout candidate). Remove Quickley and if Dallas gets their 2023 pick back, would they go after Bog, or a different target?
Another idea worth exploring, see how interested the Bucks are in Timmy. He makes the exact same as Eric Gordon, so the same package being offered to Houston could work for Dallas. 

My guess is Allen/Hill/Nwora/Ibaka/4 seconds. You could let Milwaukee send us less seconds if needed, and send them Timmy/Frank. Pinson could be waived, or you could send Ibaka to a third team. Best part is that the above idea can still be integrated to swap McGee for Noel as long as it’s part of the same transaction. 

DAL: Allen/Hill/Nwora/Ibaka/Noel/2 or 3 seconds (waive Pinson or send Ibaka to 4th team)
MIL: THJ/Frank
DET: McGee and second rounder

RE: TRADE & FA: Mavs interested in Nerlens? Collins? Bojan? D'Angelo? | TDL Feb 9 - F Gump - 01-28-2023

(01-27-2023, 11:40 PM)mvossman Wrote: NY might be interested in getting Bullock back, but that does not mean they would be willing to part with Quickley or Grimes for him.  I would be more than happy to send out Bullock plus two seconds for either [Quickley or Grimes] plus filler, but I doubt NY goes for it.

If NY wants Bullock, my price is Quickley or Grimes. And ...
* I'm observing Ainge or Presti. Every player that YOU want costs a FRP (or two). And some player. Let's start there.
* I don't lose sight that they are the ones asking.
* I don't think Quickley or Grimes are too much to ask. They are role players. Not special.
* No, I wouldn't be even remotely interested in adding multiple 2nds the Mavs barely have, as a cherry on top parting gift while giving NY the player they are trying to get.
* If I'm trading, I want something that makes me better. Without Quickley or Grimes, NY isn't doing that. In fact, it would be a ludicrous ask of NY to propose a trade that makes them better but does nothing helpful for DAL.
* Mavs have no picks to speak of, for a long time. Don't come here proposing to get something you want, and then looking for a pick that is in short supply in Dallas.
* If NY wants to propose some sort of pick-based something-or-other to adjust value in some way, then do you want to propose an adjustment to protections (one way or the other) on the 2023 pick?
* I think one or both of those players would be surplus to them, once they acquired Bullock, which would be a factor in their ability and willingness to use them in a trade.