MavsBoard
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap (/showthread.php?tid=2150)

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - IamDougieFresh - 12-05-2022

[Image: HCv0q8X.png]

[Image: 369c3fff829e63b7a281bf464b0a6093.jpg]

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - dirkfansince1998 - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 05:16 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: [Image: HCv0q8X.png]

[Image: 369c3fff829e63b7a281bf464b0a6093.jpg]

Even if the Mavs throw in all available firsts it probably isn´t enough to get out of THJs contract and add a player like Lavine.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - SkenfromLMF - 12-05-2022

I didn't think Dragic would be tradable this year, OR AT LEAST until the very end of the TDL because he signed so late...
Apparently, I am still running on shortened and condensed seasons - much like what must be for an Espresso addict to try and adjust to regular coffee again.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - IamDougieFresh - 12-05-2022

(12-05-2022, 05:28 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Even if the Mavs throw in all available firsts it probably isn´t enough to get out of THJs contract and add a player like Lavine.

Hence Mr. McConaughey

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - Hypermav - 12-05-2022

Look, you have to pay to get a good tank commander.  We are not going to just give away Timmy for an all-star!

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - SleepingHero - 12-06-2022

(12-04-2022, 10:39 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't think I'd make the trade (do we need another drop coverage big?).  OK, maybe I would if it was Wood and McGee.  But, it is interesting to think about the possibility that a guy who most here wouldn't want being better than the guy we spend soooooo much time here debating what role he should play.

I'm actually pretty positive about that trade. Vucevic would feast with the easy buckets Luka could generate for him. I'd be a bit wary about his drop coverage and ability to move around the perimeter, but Vuc is exactly the kind of distressed asset the Mavs should capitalize on. 

But they should try and pry some draft compensation of Caruso out of them if the cost is taking on Vucevic.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - F Gump - 12-07-2022

(12-05-2022, 05:34 PM)SkenfromLMF Wrote: I didn't think Dragic would be tradable this year, OR AT LEAST until the very end of the TDL because he signed so late.

It wasn't even close to pushing it back due to signing date. The normal wait period, before a signed player can be traded, is either 90 days or Dec 15, whichever is later. While Aug 2 is certainly late, it's not late enough to push back the trade date at all.

You may have been thinking of an extension done late in August (or later), which can indeed stymie a trade all season. Unless those extensions are structured to fit within extend-and-trade limits, they create a 6-month no-trade window. So the cutoff this season would have been Aug 9, to keep from being no-trade all season. (Or, if seen from a different lens, if you don't do the extension until Aug 10 and you make sure it contains a big enough raise or long enough, you can be assured you won't get traded mid-season.)

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - SkenfromLMF - 12-07-2022

Ala Maxi Kleber

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - omahen - 12-07-2022

(12-06-2022, 05:58 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: But they should try and pry some draft compensation of Caruso out of them if the cost is taking on Vucevic.

Vucevic is expiring... While he is not as great as he was in Orlando, his 22 mil contract is not bad. I don't think Mavs have better players on better contracts that would stimulate Chicago to include value in the deal. Unless you would think something like DFS/Green package for Vucevic.

I think the main problem with Chicago is injured Ball. This leaves a starting five with three offense first guys and not much else.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - F Gump - 12-07-2022

(12-04-2022, 10:39 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't think I'd make the trade (do we need another drop coverage big?).  OK, maybe I would if it was Wood and McGee.  

This is an interesting trade idea  (Wood.McGee for Vucevic), and at its heart it hinges on what a person sees in Wood and his future, and also McGee.

There's potentially enough to entice both teams, and also to make them both hesitant. It's a real player-projection exercise, where the best player evaluator would win the trade. You'd certainly need to have a good feel for what you think Wood is going to become eventually as a Mav, and McGee too, in order to make the right call.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - omahen - 12-07-2022

Interesting piece on Knicks TDL discussions. Quickley, Reddish, Rose and Fournier are being discussed by their FO according to their sources. Knicks are mostly looking to add assets, not rotation players, as they have problems finding minutes as it is. In case of Fournier they are willing to take a worse contract and an asset. Not interested in moving him for a better contract by paying the asset. They value Quickley at FRP with interest around the league. They would like something for Reddish, but not much interest there around the league. Not much interest in Rose due to his decline and age.

This is my take related to Mavs options in these talks. Mavs would likely have to include a FRP, which Mavs would rightfully not be willing to do, as they need to preserve the assets. Mavs have similar problems in getting the minutes for any of those four and Mavs also mostly feature ex NY players, which NY said goodbye to for a reason. So I don't see Knicks and Mavs as natural partners in this discussions. 

Knicks trade scenarios: What I’m hearing about Immanuel Quickley, Cam Reddish and Evan Fournier - The Athletic

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - DanSchwartzgan - 12-07-2022

(12-07-2022, 03:58 AM)F Gump Wrote: This is an interesting trade idea  (Wood.McGee for Vucevic), and at its heart it hinges on what a person sees in Wood and his future, and also McGee.

There's potentially enough to entice both teams, and also to make them both hesitant. It's a real player-projection exercise, where the best player evaluator would win the trade. You'd certainly need to have a good feel for what you think Wood is going to become eventually as a Mav, and McGee too, in order to make the right call.

Another element of this is what is the bail out position if it doesn't work.  Will Dallas be able to spend the MLE this summer?  Moving on from McGee might be the margin needed and now you have a possible out if Vucevic isn't the answer.  

Are there other centers for hire in the range of the MLE?  I like Poeltl better than Vucevic.  Is he a MLE guy or will it take more?  Of course, if he is an MLE guy and you can create the space under the tax, I'd rather keep Wood in his current bench role and sign Poeltl outright as the starter instead of Powell.  I'd love to have a late first to trade right now as I think he could be had for that.  Surely he won't get more than what he could be extended for right now?

I know not everyone shares my opinion of Poeltl.  I looked up an article about 2023 free agents.  The first one I clicked on was from October 31st.  It had Vucevic as the third most attractive FA (behind Irving and Middleton), Wood was 11th and Poeltl 17th.  The guy just affects winning year after year.  I'd love to find a way to add him and retain Wood in his bench role.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - Kammrath - 12-07-2022

(12-07-2022, 08:28 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Poeltl

LOVED him for years.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - mvossman - 12-07-2022

(12-07-2022, 08:51 AM)Kammrath Wrote: LOVED him for years.

I like everything about Poeltl except that free throw shooting.  Tough to have him in there finishing games when he shoots 50%.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - Kammrath - 12-07-2022

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1600560589054836736

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - Jym - 12-07-2022

(12-07-2022, 02:54 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status/1600560589054836736

still find it rather funny he forced his way out of Atlanta so he'd get more of an opportunity and got even less minutes

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - SleepingHero - 12-07-2022

(12-07-2022, 03:08 PM)Jym Wrote: still find it rather funny he forced his way out of Atlanta so he'd get more of an opportunity and got even less minutes

It is pretty puzzling. Seems like NYK's front office and Thibs couldn't have been further apart on this one.

Still Reddish isn't that good so I'm not so surprised Thibs refused to play him. He's an interesting min guy, but isn't worth more than that.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - Dahlsim - 12-07-2022

(12-07-2022, 08:28 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Are there other centers for hire in the range of the MLE? 

Don't know but Fisher's site likes Daniel Gafford for the low low price of 

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/dallas-mavs-daniel-gafford-washington-wizards-trade

Quote:sending Frank Ntilikina and two future second-round picks do the trick for a player that has essentially fallen out of the Wizards’ rotation?

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - SleepingHero - 12-08-2022

(12-07-2022, 08:22 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Don't know but Fisher's site likes Daniel Gafford for the low low price of 

https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/dallas-mavs-daniel-gafford-washington-wizards-trade

That seems exceedingly cheap for a guy like Gafford. 

It also further creates a logjam at center with 5 of them on the roster. 

At that point it'd be imperative to trade McGee.

RE: TRADE & FA: ATL listening to John Collins offers, PHX interested - SkenfromLMF - 12-08-2022

Pretty sure Gafford has to qualify as a BYC contract so it would be a bit more difficult than just a couple of million from DALLAS. 

Could from Dallas' perspective would McGee and Frank be enough to get him with another minimum type???

I think Wash would have to consider it, but would probably make a hard push for Hardy