MavsBoard
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=1765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Jym - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 08:33 AM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Bobby Marks on the Lowe podcast said he thought until wednesday night that KP was gonna end up in TOR.

Kp for Dragic, salary filler, future 1st was what he heard. Called it a salary dump.

I'm going to block this out of my mind and refuse to believe it's real
You just know we're going to attach an asset, possibly even a 1st rounder, to dump Bertans at some point in the next year

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Chicagojk - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 08:49 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: That is a lie. It was never offered and it is also a worse deal than eating three years of Dinwiddie/Bertans.

Never change Mark Cuban, dumbest owner in all of sports.

Cracks me up that Ujiri must have sat there with this idea (Dragic/Birch+1st for Porzingis) in his head the whole year. The idea how to fix the center position in case the Raptors overachieved this year. When it became clear the team is good already, Ujiri put the plan in motion.

He probably done all his research on the Mavs true feelings about Porzingis, like a true professional GM. Ujiri thought he had a very reasonable offer (full immediate cap relief + 1st round pick) under the circumstances. He calls the Mavs and they say NO. Then Ujiri is left scrambling and needs to pay the same 1st round pick to get Thad Young from the Spurs. 

Next day he sees that the Mavs traded a 2nd round pick for three years of Bertans/Dinwiddie. And you wonder why other front offices don´t want to play with the Mavs regularly? You can´t reason with crazy people.

No I work for the department of common sense.

Ha that is funny.  I am actually glad KP didn't go to Toronto.   That Toronto team is way better than most thought.   I can picture them getting KP, Masai rubbing his magic dust on him and KP turns into what we hoped he could be and Toronto is chasing championships.   A healthy KP would have been a finishing touch on a really tough team.   

I am willing to judge the new front office on results.  But I am over (as over a few years ago) giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.   Especially a Cuban run organization.   I think that is best for my health.   Prove it!  

keeping WCS, re-signing Hardaway, signing Bullock, signing Frank, no additional picks, now Dinwiddie and Bertans is not a murderous row.  I give Kidd a lot of credit of getting good play from most of his roster, but the talent still needs to improve.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Chicagojk - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 09:15 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Tougher because of LAC specifically?

They mentioned the Clippers and Denver.   You also have to factor in Minnesota may be a factor in the 5-8 space, my take.

On the other hand, PHX is only a championship contender for as long as Chris Paul is elite.

Question, I saw the Wizards sent Aaaron Holiday to PHX for cash.  He is a restricted FA next year.   Maybe we didn't have room, but it may have been interesting as an asset play to include him in the trade as well.  I guess that complicates that we would need to move someone else.   

Last offseason, there were a lot of fans when Washington traded for him.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - MAVS-SLO - 02-11-2022

So, we went from Wiggins, Beal, Siakam, McCollum ,Simmons and all other names for KP to end up with Bertans and Dinwiddie? And we also send them 2 round pick to get them?

We clear the cap space to get even 5 more milions in? 

We get rid of injury prone player to get 2 players in return who played similar number of games in last 3 seasons?

We get rid of any rim protection and big man scoring? It looks like another rebuild mode.

We get rid of bad contract, to get 2 bad contracts back? I'm really interested to see for what can we later trade sharpshooter who is making 16 millions per year while shooting 31 percent for 3 and putting 5 points per game.

Also we add another player who is going to be a back-up point guard and is making 18 milions per year? Also, at the sime time Brunson is having career year?

It's interesting how Powell's contract can look good in just 1 day.

Another trade where i'm asking myself if FO even know what they are doing. 

This is just another disaster move for the Mavs. Like it was Seth for J-Rich. Let FO talk about optimism and that they add shooting and secondary ballhandling with this. But, reality is that they did the disaster move like they did while they were adding secondary ballhandling with Richardson and perimeter defense with Bey.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Hypermav - 02-11-2022

https://youtu.be/0eWUMVkx9NI

10:45 is the start of the discussion for the Porzingis trade.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - omahen - 02-11-2022

Luka Doncic Calls Trading Kristaps Porzingis 'Shocking' After Mavericks Beat Clippers | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Mikelo - 02-11-2022

Yesterday was painful...but I hope it's part of a bigger long-term plan... Surely it is a utopia especially at this time.. I think Dinwiddie's arrival will push Jalen out... What would you think of something like that...? THJ/Brunson(ST) to BOSTON..
They get the young creator they need alongside White/Brown/Tatum/Williams..

Horford/Smart/Dallas22/Boston 24 to JAZZ..
They get a ton of flexibility, and assets to build around Donovan.

Gobert to MAVS.. Luka/Dindwiddie/Bullock/DFS/Gobert... *Goran/Ntilikina/Green/Maxi/Powell...

Is this a better team..?

Bertans had his best stat season in his first year with Washington.  But I thought I would look at highlights of both Dinwiddie and Bertans with their previous teams.   BTW, the Spurs traded Bertans for DeMarre Carroll.  Any idea why the reason they traded him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IAgvJIFTBg

I think these are probably the looks he will get here.   In Washington in the games I saw he took some tough shots.  Hopefully he gets back to the type of shooter he has been in the past.  Ideally maybe an 8-10 per game scorer with good efficiency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0dd8TGqMGk

I admit these highlights look good.  Can he still play this way?  Can he fit his game with Luka when on the court with him?  This summer I wanted Derozan to play as a secondary creator when Luka rotates the ball.  Can Dinwiddie do what I hoped Derozan would at a lesser degree?

Dindwiddie is a better fit but worse player than Jalen today...although if he returns to his pre-injury level he could be very good...in fact I thought we would chase him in the FA last summer...Cuban already anticipated that we would go for a good size handler.. I think Brunson is the one who leaves in an ST with probably THJ.. with Turner off the table... aim at Gobert the Gobert/Mitchell/Jazz relationship could end this year, if they fail in the Playoffs again...(and I guess Rudy's contract won't have many fans).. Would a Luka/Gobert tandem work...?

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Borkhan - 02-11-2022

All years while luka is playing here, the fo and gm are blabbing about finding him support of his quality to build a winning team. And in all those years mavs, with half exception of kp,  is hiring mediocre players who bomb and fizzle instead of helping. the latest move is in the same vein, making sure that for a foreseeable future luka will have no support of his size at all (excluding brunson). As years pile on luka too, he will have to think about long and short term chance that his goals, being champ among them, are realistic while staying in the mavs team... or if elsewhere is a better choice for that.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Mavs2021 - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 10:47 AM)The Borkhan Wrote: All years while luka is playing here, the fo and gm are blabbing about finding him support of his quality to build a winning team. And in all those years mavs, with half exception of kp,  is hiring mediocre players who bomb and fizzle instead of helping. the latest move is in the same vein, making sure that for a foreseeable future luka will have no support of his size at all (excluding brunson). As years pile on luka too, he will have to think about long and short term chance that his goals, being champ among them, are realistic while staying in the mavs team... or if elsewhere is a better choice for that.

My Slovenian friends look at it this way. You have the Winter Olympics to watch your country do amazing things. And every summer for the next five years, when other teams compete for the NBA championships you can watch Roglic and Pogacar win the Giro or the Tour. The five years will fly by and then Luka can sign with a real team in free agency and we will all be free.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - MAVS-SLO - 02-11-2022

I really don't see that they have any bigger long-term plan. I would say that we are currently closer to the another total rebuild mode than having bigger long term plans.

Before the trade i would say that the core of the team is really good (forget about disaster moves in previus seasons). We've been missing 1 or 2 pieces but that pieces could only come with good draft choices. Free agency dreams went away and we don't have assests to put a good trade for a player.

Today i can say that FO succeed to destroy the team for another few seasons. The roster started to clicking and they trade the only big man who can score and protect the rim while getting back another point guard which could potentially mean Brunson to leave?

I really don't understand people who defend Bertans as an trade assest if he could somehow return shooting percentages, while at the same time they saw Hardaway's trade value around the league. And they also have similar contracts, just Hardaway's numbers are 3 times higher.

It's not worth making trade ideas with a players like Gobert, Jokic and others. Wake up. We don't have assests, we gave a assests we had for KP and then give him away for nothing. And meanwhile they also gave others assets for nothing (Barnes, Seth).

If 2 best player in the team couldn't land you a player at least like Wiggins, Siakam, McCollum... Then Bertans, Dinwiddie and others will for sure not land you Gobert, Beal, Jokic and others.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - ItsGoTime - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 09:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: Probably a function of new leadership. I think Nico convinced Cuban of this course which requires eating a TON of humble pie. But it was the right choice IMO.
Your two takes that both players are better than Porzingis does not suggest that Cuban is eating humble pie at all.

Mavs-Slo (I don't get the option to quote you)... wow... you made me wake up, actually knowing that you're right, (don't remove a comma).. Gobert etc is a utopia, so what are the plans of the Mavs... there has to be one... I refuse to think that people who earn millions of dollars are so irresponsible

I am just not sure now was the time to move him.   Now if he got injured again or needed another surgery, maybe he has even less value and is untradeable.   But what happens if he comes back and is pretty good and not injured again?  What happens if he is very good down the stretch?   Wouldn't you have more leverage this summer?   It just feels like trading him now after he has missed several games puts us at the worst negotiating position.   I just don't feel either Dinwiddie or Bertans are the path to get us a second or third star.   KP may have been depending on his health.   

I hope both Dinwiddie and Bertans regain their form her but it just feels like Dallas buckled under pressure to make a deal, rather than take it on their timeline.   Although, I request to retract my thoughts if KP is injured again.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Dirknows - 02-11-2022

Maybe, just maybe Bertans and Dinwiddie can return to their old form. But man clearing KP AND bringing in Luka’s buddy Dragic, plus a backup big in return and getting a first round pick just seems smarter financially. If Cuban doesn’t re sign Brunson to avoid the tax then this trade will make me even more irate.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Winter - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 11:56 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: But what happens if he comes back and is pretty good and not injured again?

Then we exit the first-round playoffs again?

I'm not sure we even keep Dinwiddie and Bertans moving into 2023. I just feel keeping KP was not an answer to a championship team.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - SleepingHero - 02-11-2022

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1492002281079910418?s=20&t=1y1mHVVNZFtQHz3TT9l7HA

I don't think Luka had a say in this one.

And the Mavs turned down a first for Porzingis. Which is pretty dumb. 

Though the people outraged really do need to take a step back and realize that getting 2 rotation players for Porzingis is objectively better for a team trying to compete than a first that is protected 1-14 this year and 1-13 next year.

WITH THAT SAID. I do not like the rotation players they chose and probably would have taken the raptor deal instead. 

Shoulda coulda woulda. If Dinwiddie and Bertans do workout then the trade will look like a genius plan because the Mavs got their playmaker AND shooter for KP, and their value will be rehabbed. If they look terrible then the Mavs will have a crapton of egg on their face.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - SatnamSingh - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 04:37 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: KOGeek from The Ringer says the Raptors offer was Dragic + 1st. Haha I´m telling you Cuban did this trade for Bertans/Dinwiddie over Dragic, because he seriously and legitimately believes he improved the team more with Bertans/Dinwiddie.

Bobby Marks on the Lowe Podcast said his sources told him Wednesday night that the deal looked to be Dragic, matching salaries, and a future 1st.   

start at the 44 minute mark:  Lowe Pod

Bobby Marks starts laughing trying to describe Dinwiddie and Bertans.  Cuban really thinks Dinwiddie and Bertans is better than expirings and a 1st rd pick.  It's GM malpractice.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - ItsGoTime - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 10:08 AM)Mikelo Wrote: Yesterday was painful...but I hope it's part of a bigger long-term plan... Surely it is a utopia especially at this time.. I think Dinwiddie's arrival will push Jalen out... What would you think of something like that...? THJ/Brunson(ST) to BOSTON..
They get the young creator they need alongside White/Brown/Tatum/Williams..

Horford/Smart/Dallas22/Boston 24 to JAZZ..
They get a ton of flexibility, and assets to build around Donovan.

Gobert to MAVS.. Luka/Dindwiddie/Bullock/DFS/Gobert... *Goran/Ntilikina/Green/Maxi/Powell...

Is this a better team..?
Re Boston. White was their answer to creation, they won't look for another score first player like JB. Also as far as your trade to Boston, you don't have the return from them. I'm assuming you're saying Horford, Smart and Boston's 24 since that is in the follow up trade. 

That second trade has to happen after the first one in that case and the earliest they can do that is in FA, which is after the draft, when we've already picked our player. I don't believe there has ever been a trade like that in the history of the NBA where a team picks in the draft and then trade them during that following offseason. I guess there's always room for the first time.