MavsBoard
TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS (/showthread.php?tid=1765)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Chicagojk - 02-10-2022

I am going to try to be positive, even though I don't like the return we got.  Any chance Dinwiddie can be our Reggie Jackson?   Or even though he wasn't the former #2 pick and is a little older but how about D'Angelo Russell who Golden State traded for.   Either he fits in here like Reggie Jackson or maybe we can move him for something like the Warriors did with Russell.   Can we hope for one of those outcomes?

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - KillerLeft - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 11:18 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I am going to try to be positive, even though I don't like the return we got.  Any chance Dinwiddie can be our Reggie Jackson?   Or even though he wasn't the former #2 pick and is a little older but how about D'Angelo Russell who Golden State traded for.   Either he fits in here like Reggie Jackson or maybe we can move him for something like the Warriors did with Russell.   Can we hope for one of those outcomes?

I'm not a fan of Dinwiddie, but when he's got it going well he's significantly better than Reggie Jackson on offense. Doesn't shoot as well, but a way better creator.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - cow - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 11:19 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'm not a fan of Dinwiddie, but when he's got it going well he's significantly better than Reggie Jackson on offense. Doesn't shoot as well, but a way better creator.

[Image: 200.gif]

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Kammrath - 02-10-2022

https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/1491993368792125440

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Hypermav - 02-10-2022

We play the Wizards on April Fool's Day.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - HoosierDaddyKid - 02-10-2022

(02-10-2022, 11:33 PM)Hypermav Wrote: We play the Wizards on April Fool's Day.

Kristaps revenge tour.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Kammrath - 02-11-2022

https://twitter.com/TheKobeBeef/status/1492000476145061889

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - Mavs2021 - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 11:00 PM)F Gump Wrote: MC's comments are quite revelatory - but not in the way he would like them to be.

I don't take at face value anything MC said. There is always a layer of fact, but it's going to be lathered with all the PR he can spin.

He's talking up KP big-time, but I would bet all of that is tied to the fact that the Wiz haven't cleared KP through the physical. It would be easy for Was to say KP flunked it, if they want to, for any reason (or no reason at all), because it's a completely arbitrary standard of whether KP's health is "what we expected."

That MC is talking up KP so much at this point should tell us that the Mavs are still scared to death the trade won't go through, and were incredibly desperate to trade him. Not the opposite.

That should tell us some things we probably didn't realize about KP's anticipated health, as well as how much the Mavs wanted/needed him on this roster.
 I don´t think they need to worry about that.

We just traded for the premium deluxe version of the Dozier/Bol-Bol injury package.

Porzingis medical? Nah we are good, you can keep Dinwiddie/Bertans.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - mvossman - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 10:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Here are KP's last five seasons for comparison:

[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-10-9.54.23-PM.png]

Lets look at advanced stats that are considered better than Raptor

Darko (only does current value):

KP:             2
Bertrans:    -.1
Dinwiddie:   -.2

EPM:           2021  2020   2019 
KP                 2.5     1.8     3.8
Bertans         -3.5     0        .9   
Dinwiddie      .3     -1.6      2.1  

Lebron:        2021  2020   2019
KP               3.53    1.4      3.76
Bertans       -1.08    .07      -.05
Dinwiddie       .4     -1.34    1.36

I know we are trying to put a positive spin on things, but this is the reality.  Those guys miss just as much time as KP does, but on the good side it wont hurt as much because they are not good, so we wont miss them as much.  that is the best silver lining I can put on this trade.  Neither player will generate any hope.  We can all be content with this teams limited ceiling now, and in the foreseeable future.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie+Bertans to DAL | KP+2nd to WAS - mvossman - 02-11-2022

(02-10-2022, 11:09 PM)cow Wrote: Doubt it.  There probably were no other offers considering we swapped two of the worst contracts in the league and had to tip the Wizards to do so.

This is ignoring the Cuban buddy angle.  Now he gets to talk Crypto with Dinwiddie.  We should have gotten at least a first out of this trade, and instead we send a second, but Cuban got his guy.  I feel like any hope that we were getting anything out of Nico other than a failed salesman should be dashed.  Another puppet for Cuban, without the occasional genius for foreign talent evaluation.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - fifteenth - 02-11-2022

@"mvossman", do you like this trade? 

Just kidding. You don't have to answer that. :-)

Seriously though, just because you hate it doesn't mean anyone who likes it is "putting a positive spin on things" or "making excuses". It's possible that a few of us actually like the trade for the few simple reasons stated hours ago.

Interestingly, regarding KP's value, I heard Followill and Dameris talking about how up until the last couple of days, there was no market for KP that didn't involve the Mavs adding a frp to get someone to take KP.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Borkhan - 02-11-2022

Wizards fans are exstaticly happy about this trade, cannot understand how they fleeced mavs and even got a pick for it... nuff said Sick

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Jym - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 03:03 AM)mvossman Wrote: Neither player will generate any hope.  We can all be content with this teams limited ceiling now, and in the foreseeable future.

Yeah hopefully we can rest Luka a decent bit before the playoffs
I don't care about the seed if we can get a healthy, fresh, skinny Luka like we saw in the Olympics last year
Maybe he can go super human and beat a team or 2 by himself

We have zero chance if he's limited in any way

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - fifteenth - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 03:23 AM)Borkhan Wrote: Wizards fans are exstaticly happy about this trade, cannot understand how they fleeced mavs and even got a pick for it... nuff said Sick

Why would Wizards fans be the "go to" experts on this topic? I'm gonna shoot a little higher when looking for my experts,  I think.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Borkhan - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 03:28 AM)fifteenth Wrote: Why would Wizards fans be the "go to" experts on this topic? I'm gonna shoot a little higher when looking for my experts,  I think.

They are experts on good and bad sides of both players mavs got in exchange. At least they know more about them than we do, so their opinion has some value.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Mavs2021 - 02-11-2022

KOGeek from The Ringer says the Raptors offer was Dragic + 1st. Haha I´m telling you Cuban did this trade for Bertans/Dinwiddie over Dragic, because he seriously and legitimately believes he improved the team more with Bertans/Dinwiddie.

(02-11-2022, 04:17 AM)Borkhan Wrote: They are experts on good and bad sides of both players mavs got in exchange. At least they know more about them than we do, so their opinion has some value.

Gotcha. Was thinking about them being "excited" about KP. My thought about that is that they don't know what they're signing up for.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - ItsGoTime - 02-11-2022

(02-11-2022, 04:37 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: KOGeek from The Ringer says the Raptors offer was Dragic + 1st. Haha I´m telling you Cuban did this trade for Bertans/Dinwiddie over Dragic, because he seriously and legitimately believes he improved the team more with Bertans/Dinwiddie.
Numbers don’t match with just Dragic. Wonder who the salary ballast was too? Needed $7.4M extra.

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - ItsGoTime - 02-11-2022

Also, even if Dragic wanted a buyout and to sign in Mia, it’s STILL a better trade!

RE: TRADE: Dinwiddie + Bertans to DAL | KP + 2nd to WAS - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 02-11-2022

It's very likely Cuban is behind the trade.

Toronto probably offered Dragic + FRP + Boucher and Nico thought it was fair. But MC, doesn't really want this to happen and asked for Trent or someone unattainable even if he knows the Raps ain't going to agree. MC's mind was set on SD, and being the smarty pants that he thinks he is, thought Bertans can recover his game (he probably would, but Toronto's offer is still better). 

Honestly I would have been okay with the trade if the Mavs got an FRP or at least 2 seconds.

Never thought in a million years Dallas has to give up a pick. That's just sad and infuriating.