MavsBoard
Game 44 Dirkie: DFS (55%) - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Game 44 Dirkie: DFS (55%) (/showthread.php?tid=1696)

Pages: 1 2

Game 44 Dirkie: DFS (55%) - KillerLeft - 01-17-2022

Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team get the win?

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - dirkfansince1998 - 01-17-2022

Boxscore says KP or DFS. But the collapse without Brunson or Doncic on the floor shows who the most important players are.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - KillerLeft - 01-17-2022

I actually liked KP for this, but he didn't get a chance to play enough in the 4th quarter to qualify, imo.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - Hypermav - 01-17-2022

DFS in case I can't vote for him anymore.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - MrGoat - 01-17-2022

This game had no business being this close so I'll just be arbitrary and give it to DFS for getting a double double

(01-17-2022, 11:03 PM)MrGoat Wrote: This game had no business being this close so I'll just be arbitrary and give it to DFS for getting a double double

A vote for the great Dorian Finney-Smith is never arbitrary, my good friend...or wasted.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - Tyler - 01-17-2022

KP. His defense made a huge difference all night, and the team really struggled every time he went to the bench.

Hopefully he gets his full wind back ASAP, as we really could have used him in the closing minutes.

(01-17-2022, 11:05 PM)Tyler Wrote: KP. His defense made a huge difference all night, and the team really struggled every time he went to the bench.

Hopefully he gets his full wind back ASAP, as we really could have used him in the closing minutes.

I agree he had a good night. You think it was strict minute restriction that kept him out of the 4th?

(01-17-2022, 11:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I agree he had a good night. You think it was strict minute restriction that kept him out of the 4th?

I imagine so. Kidd talked about keeping him under 30, and he finished with 28 tonight.

BTW, this is my first Dirkie thread...if I left anyone off that deserves consideration, let me know.

(01-17-2022, 11:09 PM)Tyler Wrote: I imagine so. Kidd talked about keeping him under 30, and he finished with 28 tonight.

Kidd just said it was partly about keeping KO’s minutes down and partly about “seeing how Josh would do in a close game.”

Interesting.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo - 01-17-2022

I voted for Luka simply because he went 0-6 from 3.

If he went 0-7, would have lost the game.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - dirkfansince1998 - 01-17-2022

(01-17-2022, 11:20 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: I voted for Luka simply because he went 0-6 from 3.

If he went 0-7, would have lost the game.

Sounds strange but ignoring his terrible shooting he had a nearly flawless game. Active on defense. No sloppy turnovers. Attacking the rim (Not finishing but drawing FTs). Making good decisions and finding open teammates.
That´s the way I want him to play. Not like he attempted shots that he cannot make.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - cow - 01-17-2022

As usual, God King is the greatest.

(01-17-2022, 11:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: BTW, this is my first Dirkie thread...if I left anyone off that deserves consideration, let me know.

DFS should have been the only option.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - ballsrchr - 01-17-2022

Well...quite a chippy little game.  OKC does play hard!  And there was at least one stretch where the refs helped OKC back into the game.  Still...the Mavs did let up on the throttle a bit...when they never should--ever, ever.

Ok.  I don't know what world we live in when I don't give the Dirkie to a man who earns a triple double.  Triple double?  Old hat!  Does Luka need to average a triple double?  What about a quadruple double?  Luka did have a few faults, but don't they all?  He sure gets beat up...

My Dirkie goes to DFS.  There was a time when I thought DFS would never be a viable starter.  But here I stand with egg on my face...

I love Luka's attitude.

https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/1483296793358180353

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - F Gump - 01-18-2022

(01-17-2022, 11:05 PM)Tyler Wrote: KP. His defense made a huge difference all night, and the team really struggled every time he went to the bench.

I thought the absence of Bullock created a real problem.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - KillerLeft - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 12:59 AM)F Gump Wrote: I thought the absence of Bullock created a real problem.

Interesting...did you not think Ntilikina played well in his absence? I suppose Burke stole some of his minutes, but I thought that was because of Brunson having to go out unexpectedly while Luka was resting. I don't think it was planned. 

I suppose it's probably true that Hardaway got some of the minutes Bullock would've gotten, too, and he sure had a rough one, so I guess I can see where you're coming from there.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - fifteenth - 01-18-2022

I vote Kidd. He said sometime recently that we should see some experimentation in upcoming games. Pretty cool that he wanted to get Josh some crunch time minutes.

RE: Game 44 Dirkie: Who Deserves it? - KillerLeft - 01-18-2022

I'm pretty freaked out that this might be TWO Dirkies won by DFS this season on nights when he didn't get my vote. Maybe people appreciate him more than I thought.