MavsBoard
2021-2022 AROUND the NBA: GSW Champs [ARCHIVED] - Printable Version

+- MavsBoard (https://www.mavsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Boards (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Dallas Mavericks and the NBA (https://www.mavsboard.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: 2021-2022 AROUND the NBA: GSW Champs [ARCHIVED] (/showthread.php?tid=1101)

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept | Ja Morant wins MIP! - windjc - 04-28-2022

(04-28-2022, 12:21 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Scariest team? I think they are one of them. For me the scariest team so far has been the Celtics. They've been the most dominant on both ends of the court. PHX is also scary despite their two losses.

But I'm sure the Warriors are licking their chops at the sight of MEM in the 2nd round. I wouldn't be surprised if they swept them.

Luka is better than Tatum. Our defense is playing as well as there's. Boston doesn't scare me.

The Warriors know exactly what it takes to win a championship and they are playing better than anymore imho.

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept, GSW Advances - omahen - 04-28-2022

(04-27-2022, 02:08 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I wouldn't mind to see Ingles in a Mavs uniform granted his knee is ok and ready to go by opening day. Would basically be exactly what we like from Green in terms of ball movement and shooting, minus the defense. He's also a great teammate and has connections with Josh from the Australia national team. Odds are though he just resigns in Utah this offseason as he's their Barea/Devin Harris guy.

I would definitely prefer getting rid of Brown and Burke for two experienced vet mins like Dragic and Ingles. Two guys that could give you a spark from the bench in a playoff series if needed. So first do the big stuff in the offseason, and if Burke/Brown are still on your team after you are done, cut them and sign those vets.

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept, GSW Advances - burekemde - 04-28-2022

(04-28-2022, 04:25 AM)omahen Wrote: I would definitely prefer getting rid of Brown and Burke for two experienced vet mins like Dragic and Ingles. Two guys that could give you a spark from the bench in a playoff series if needed. So first do the big stuff in the offseason, and if Burke/Brown are still on your team after you are done, cut them and sign those vets.

Great point. If this team lacks anything, could be more veteran players, that you can trust to deliver and guide the younger players, and also especially coming from the bench and improving the bench unit. If we had those two, it could really mean difference between championship or not.

(04-28-2022, 12:42 AM)windjc Wrote: Luka is better than Tatum. Our defense is playing as well as there's. Boston doesn't scare me.

The Warriors know exactly what it takes to win a championship and they are playing better than anymore imho.

Luka owns GSW. They are afraid of Luka, if anyone. In fact, watching Mavs since Luka entered the league every game, I don't recall Luka losing to the GSW. He always made another level to his game, whenever Luka met GSW. But its a great point, that in playoffs, they have the upper experience by far, but they fear a player like Luka that is way more talented and multidimensional than their own star players.

I think Mavs can beat GSW. The only team in the West they wouldnt be able to beat is Suns with a healthy Booker. Whenever we played them, they were more effiecient than us.

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept, GSW Advances - Kammrath - 04-28-2022

https://twitter.com/ethman43/status/1519666902909526017

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept, GSW Advances - Kammrath - 04-28-2022

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1519653754794131456

RE: AROUND the NBA: Middleton Out entire 2nd round |BRK Swept, GSW Advances - cow - 04-28-2022

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/33818921/nikola-jokic-says-sign-supermax-michael-malone-anticipates-jamal-murray-return-denver-nuggets-season-ends

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept | Ja Morant wins MIP! - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-28-2022

(04-28-2022, 12:42 AM)windjc Wrote: Luka is better than Tatum. Our defense is playing as well as there's. Boston doesn't scare me.

Have to disagree with you podner. Boston is playing the best, and their defense is better than Dallas. Dallas has no one comparable to Robert Williams, and they have two of the best wings in the game, as well as DPOY Marcus Smart.  Luka may be better than Tatum overall, but Tatum has taken a quantum leap this year after a slow start.

(04-28-2022, 08:20 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1519653754794131456

Huge blow for the Bucks. They have a ton of depth though, and Giannis.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Middleton Out entire 2nd round |Jokic intends to extend in DEN - SamStetz - 04-28-2022

https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/1519785853999992832?s=20&t=XHwQt-_HxPQo8aMXd-EbRg

Wish I could listen to it but won’t get a chance to today, wanted to share in case anyone else is able to…sounds like there could be some good Mavs nuggets in here

RE: AROUND the NBA: Middleton Out entire 2nd round |Jokic intends to extend in DEN - Winter - 04-28-2022

(04-27-2022, 09:29 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Love the gum analogy! That’s some poetry right there!

As to your question, I gotta say I would dislike giving up on Frankie at this juncture. He’s cheap. He seems like a good dude. Why not hang onto that investment another year? 

Joe Ingles as a backup here? I guess he’d have to sign for the taxpayer’s MLE, which is about $5 million, right? (That or a vet min contract is all we can offer free agents this summer.) If he’d take that money, and if he’s close to his former self, he immediately shores up our big rotation and our playmaking issues. Great signing! But why would he take that kind of pay cut if healthy? That’s less than half of this year’s contract.

Well, technically you're right.... 

My idea was more of an illustration that if we can get busy in FA, we can upgrade some of our rotation - even if means sending our sack of nothing for their bag of dead air. My guess though is that we end up sending a package that includes one or two salary-fillers along with TH. In return, we get better rotation players.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Middleton Out entire 2nd round |Jokic intends to extend in DEN - Winter - 04-28-2022

(04-28-2022, 04:10 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Have to disagree with you podner. Boston is playing the best, and their defense is better than Dallas. Dallas has no one comparable to Robert Williams, and they have two of the best wings in the game, as well as DPOY Marcus Smart.  Luka may be better than Tatum overall, but Tatum has taken a quantum leap this year after a slow start.

Agree with this.

I think the winner of the Boston\Milwaukee series wins the East. I'd bet on Boston with Middleton out. I think either Phoenix or Golden State likely wins the West.

Dallas appears to be trending at the right time, but I don't see them winning against Golden State, Phoenix, or the Eastern Conference champion.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Middleton Out entire 2nd round |Jokic intends to extend in DEN - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-28-2022

Devin Booker is back for Phoenix. Suns going for the closeout.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Middleton Out entire 2nd round |Jokic intends to extend in DEN - ItsGoTime - 04-28-2022

(04-28-2022, 06:37 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Devin Booker is back for Phoenix. Suns going for the closeout.
Ya, also getting Booker's minutes restriction play out of the way in the 1st round. He'll be ready to go in the second round.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - ItsGoTime - 04-28-2022

NO is a fully different team with CJ. This team could do some serious damage if Zion comes back ready to play next year!

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - KillerLeft - 04-28-2022

This is about Durant, but they tie it into Dallas/KP late in the video. I agree with all of this. 

https://youtu.be/eKSbuhhMO_0

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-28-2022

Pelicans gave the Suns a good fight. They will be a team on the rise next year especially when they get Zion back. Willie Green can coach.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - Kammrath - 04-28-2022

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1519859416820031489

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - omahen - 04-28-2022

(04-28-2022, 04:19 PM)SamStetz Wrote: Wish I could listen to it but won’t get a chance to today, wanted to share in case anyone else is able to…sounds like there could be some good Mavs nuggets in here

No golden nuggets, basically just a discussion with little info. Detroit and NY are supposed to go hard after Brunson. Especially Detroit. Cato says Mavs are very confident they will resign him, like no doubt whatsoever.

RE: AROUND the NBA: BRK Swept, GSW Advances - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-29-2022

(04-28-2022, 06:25 AM)burekemde Wrote: Great point. If this team lacks anything, could be more veteran players, that you can trust to deliver and guide the younger players, and also especially coming from the bench and improving the bench unit. If we had those two, it could really mean difference between championship or not.

Luka owns GSW. They are afraid of Luka, if anyone. In fact, watching Mavs since Luka entered the league every game, I don't recall Luka losing to the GSW. He always made another level to his game, whenever Luka met GSW. But its a great point, that in playoffs, they have the upper experience by far, but they fear a player like Luka that is way more talented and multidimensional than their own star players.

I think Mavs can beat GSW. The only team in the West they wouldnt be able to beat is Suns with a healthy Booker. Whenever we played them, they were more effiecient than us.

Need to worry about Phoenix first. And I  highly doubt GS is afraid of Luka. They know what he brings, but no team is scared against any one player. GS has more players with meaningful playoff experience than Dallas, and GS has to play either Memphis or Minnesota.  Kinda getting ahead of yourself.  Dallas just advanced out the 1st round for the 1st time in 11 years. This is not to say they don't have a chance against either. But they will be the underdog vs both.

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - HoosierDaddyKid - 04-29-2022

https://hoopshype.com/lists/jazz-offseason-preview-a-summer-of-reckoning/

RE: AROUND the NBA: Booker is Back | Jokic intends to extend in DEN - omahen - 04-29-2022

(1) Shams Charania on Twitter: "Sources: The Lakers have requested permission to interview Milwaukee Bucks assistant Darvin Ham for their head coach opening. Ham served as a Lakers assistant from 2011-13. The team is starting the next stage of the coaching search process." / Twitter