Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2024 Playoffs- 3rd Round: Minnesota Timberwolves - Dallas Mavericks
(2 hours ago)Winter Wrote: Another interesting thing that I've been reading in regard to media predictions. At least three online articles I've seen have discussed the need for Hardaway to have a good series. For those of us watching the Mavs regularly, I'm pretty sure we all know that seeing Hardaway more than 5 MPG is unlikely. That ship has sailed I think. It easily feels as if Hardy will see those minutes now.

I think you are underestimating Timmy minutes.  He has averaged over 14 a game in the playoffs.  He only had 6 in the last game, but its a little early to think that is a significant trend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(1 hour ago)mvossman Wrote: I think you are underestimating Timmy minutes.  He has averaged over 14 a game in the playoffs.  He only had 6 in the last game, but its a little early to think that is a significant trend.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Hardaway have efficient minutes. 

I think Hardy may have an inside path based on what Kidd has said recently about Hardy, but you may be right. If I'm Kidd, I would least test the THj water a little.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Winter's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(2 hours ago)DallasMaverick Wrote: So it’s a 9-6 tilting of opinions towards Minny. 

Vegas also favors Minny right now.

So yes, Dallas is the underdog. But not by a huge margin.

Take a gander at the Boston-Indy odds!

To add to your point: nobody is predicting the series to go less than 6 games. And for the Mavs to lose in 6 they would have to lose an elimination game at home - which I don‘t think is the most probable outcome, I would predict it goes to a game 7 then. And that’s where everything’s possible.
Like Reply
Fascinating thread. You all seem to think putting the 6-9, 185 lb guy on Luka is gonna be their plan of attack? Really? After Dort, that sounds like HalleLuka to me.

I get that the 23-yr old is long and can try to force Luka into the teeth of that super-long Minny interior D. But isn’t that exactly what our offense TRIES to achieve—Luka driving into the lane and drawing the double team?

I mean, I’m the one who claims to have lupophobia. But not because of the 185-pound twig. Methinks Minny’s gonna need a bigger boat.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
I’ll go out on a limb and say Mavs in 5.

Kidd is better at game-to-game adjustments.

https://youtu.be/Lz7iFFoUOnw?feature=shared
Like Reply
(58 minutes ago)The Jom Wrote: Fascinating thread. You all seem to think putting the 6-9, 185 lb guy on Luka is gonna be their plan of attack? Really? After Dort, that sounds like HalleLuka to me.

I get that the 23-yr old is long and can try to force Luka into the teeth of that super-long Minny interior D. But isn’t that exactly what our offense TRIES to achieve—Luka driving into the lane and drawing the double team?

I mean, I’m the one who claims to have lupophobia. But not because of the 185-pound twig. Methinks Minny’s gonna need a bigger boat.

Weren’t they playing Towns on Durant in the first round for extended minutes? That series was over so quickly I can‘t really remember. But first checking Durant and then Jokic would at least qualify him to try against Doncic. Same with Edwards, but Luka should be able to owerpower him.

If they don’t have anyone who can at least somehow guard Luka one on one it will all depend on us exploiting the double teams much better than the Nuggets where able to.
Like Reply