Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread
(05-19-2024, 09:34 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: Aren't you the same guy who wanted to rest Luka in G1??

Yes and he had has worst game of the series during that game.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:32 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: I doubt Kidd gives him any burn.

Yes, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't bc he lacks creative to get over short cummings.  But these are the types of changes Rick would make.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:50 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Yes, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't bc he lacks creative to get over short cummings.  But these are the types of changes Rick would make.

I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think Carlisle would play a guy who got into maybe 10 games during his entire rookie season, most of it garbage time, during the western conference finals.
[-] The following 4 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, mvossman
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think Carlisle would play a guy who got into maybe 10 games during his entire rookie season, most of it garbage time, during the western conference finals.

RC has a rookie in the rotation. Sheppard is playing 19mpg. But he obviously earned the rotation spot in the regular season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
I'm old enough that I remember when Roddy B was randomly played in the middle of a close elimination game after not playing all season.

Yeah, the Mavs went on to be blown out.
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BigDirk41, khaled1987, KillerLeft
Like Reply
If the Wolves are going to put Conley on PJ or DJJ we better abuse the absolute f outta that matchup
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:57 PM)RasheedsBigWhiteSpot Wrote: I'm old enough that I remember when Roddy B was randomly played in the middle of a close elimination game after not playing all season.

Yeah, the Mavs went on to be blown out.

The one everyone talks about is Corey Brewer in Game 1 against LAL. But, I don't think he was a rookie, and I think he played a little more in that regular season than Hardy did for the Mavs this year. 

O-Max spent more time in the G League than he did on the bench.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:59 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If the Wolves are going to put Conley on PJ or DJJ we better abuse the absolute f outta that matchup

DJJ, for sure. 

I don't know how you abuse it, however. If they try PJ you just post him up, easy-peasy
Like Reply
When will we know if Kleber can play?
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:53 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I understand where you're coming from, but I don't think Carlisle would play a guy who got into maybe 10 games during his entire rookie season, most of it garbage time, during the western conference finals.

Mavs have no other options of matching Reids minutes without Maxi.  That's why I was so upset when Exum got him hurt.  This series and boston is were the Mavs will need Maxi more than any other.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 10:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: DJJ, for sure. 

I don't know how you abuse it, however. If they try PJ you just post him up, easy-peasy

Well Conley is 6ft and can't move at all with the same speed as DJJ. I'd put him in pick and rolls till his legs fall off. 

Attack the low man and have DJJ be the lob threat off the baseline
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
I would have preferred Denver and hoped that they ran out of gas in the WCF. It wouldn't be easy either way but the Mavs at least would have had some advantages on paper. The Nuggets have a great starting 5 (probably the best in the league) but no depth...they don't get anything out of their bench and the Mavs could have at least matched/exceeded that production like they did vs. LAC and OKC.

Minnesota has a good starting 5 plus size, depth, and mix of youth/experience. LAC and OKC had some holes on their roster that the Mavs exploited...it will be a lot tougher to do that vs. Minnesota.
[-] The following 3 users Like SwisherPrice's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, Luka77, Mavs2021
Like Reply
We really need Luka to shoot better from 3. I think he will get the looks against the bigger players that he likes. It will be more difficult finishing inside. I hope he comes out aggressive though.

Reid is the one that scares. He always seems to play well against us. How do we match up with his minutes? PJ is going to be asked to do a lot. It is going to be really tough for him to match up with Towns and then also Reid.

I keep trying to think who is going to be the X factor for the Mavs.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft, Luka77
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 10:03 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Mavs have no other options of matching Reids minutes without Maxi.  That's why I was so upset when Exum got him hurt.  This series and boston is were the Mavs will need Maxi more than any other.

I think you should resign yourself now that Dallas will be at a size disadvantage in this series. 

The way to beat that is with spacing, not by putting less prepared players on the floor in a silly attempt to matchup. 

They're going to be out rebounded. They just are. But, that was going to happen against Denver, too, I'm pretty sure. The question is: Can they sink enough corner 3's to force Gobert off the floor, or can they get Gobert and Towns isolated in enough space to put them on skates?
[-] The following 5 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, Luka77, mvossman, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 10:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Well Conley is 6ft and can't move at all with the same speed as DJJ. I'd put him in pick and rolls till his legs fall off. 

Attack the low man and have DJJ be the lob threat off the baseline

That's interesting, actually. 

The Mavs haven't used DJJ as a screener much at all this season, but that's absolutely something he has done in the past...it's just a matter of what to do with the centers and Washington while that's happening. I'd say PJ continuing to be a willing shooter is key if they try that tactic.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
You know, the more I think about it, Luka/Dallas are smart enough that Conley really won't have a place to hide. Almost everyone in the rotation can be a screener.
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:56 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: RC has a rookie in the rotation. Sheppard is playing 19mpg. But he obviously earned the rotation spot in the regular season.

Sheppard just moved into Ben Mathurin's spot when he was lost for the season with shoulder surgery.
Like Reply
Charles Barkley just picked the TWolves. We're golden now!
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • fifteenth, The Jom
Like Reply
I'll say this: if Gafford can't find a way to be effective in this one, it will be a short series.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 10:15 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Charles Barkley just picked the TWolves. We're golden now!

So did Ernie, VC, and Kenny. Let the games begin!
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth
Like Reply