Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minnesota at Denver, GAME 7 Thread
(05-19-2024, 09:29 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I don’t think we have the offensive weapons for this MIN defense.

Oh, we have them, but Luka has to be better than his injuries, and Ky has to be way better than he was at any point versus the Thunder.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:26 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Towns, Reid, McDaniels, Edwards and Conley is the wolves best lineup.  They play five out which can give the Mavs a lot of problems.  It pulls out thier shoot blockers from the paint.

We learned in the OKC series that Lively can play against 5 out.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:29 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: I don’t think we have the offensive weapons for this MIN defense.

Which is crazy to say because Luka is the best offensive player in the league and Kyrie has an argument to be top 15.

And I am also terrified they don't have enough against MIN.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:27 PM)Luka77 Wrote: No, playing him some minutes to pop his cherry and see how he does won't hurt anyone early in the series.

I doubt Kidd gives him any burn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:30 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Confucius say, when team open series winning two games on opponent's home court, good indication they're probably the better team.

It’s crazy man, because the other three games I watched were nothing like the second half. Jokić made them all look like absolute babies in the paint during those three victories.

He just ran out of gas today.
Like Reply
Everyone is selling our Mavs short. Luka looked healthy the last 2 games. We shouldn't be scared of anyone. We have the best player left in the playoffs and are playing great at the right time. TWolves have to stop us too. It works both ways. I like the Mavs against the TWolves.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:27 PM)Luka77 Wrote: No, playing him some minutes to pop his cherry and see how he does won't hurt anyone early in the series.

Aren't you the same guy who wanted to rest Luka in G1??
[-] The following 1 user Likes RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Tim Connelly built both teams. Kinda ironic he built a team to beat his old one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Great job Minny. You won it more than Denver lost it. Denver looked worn down late. Porter struggled all series and Denver’s bench was not very good all year.

I wonder who Minny guards Kyrie with? Conley is a good defender but may allow Kyrie to get more space. Do they try Edwards on him?

Should be a fun series
Like Reply
Finch made great adjustments after Jokic destroyed Gobert in game four. Nuggets lost the last two games because they couldn't figure out how to take advantage of double teams. Just couldn't create an open look despite the numerical advantage with two guys on Jokic.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
lol Omax is hurt. Even if he was healthy, he is not ready.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, mvossman
Like Reply
I'll say one thing - I like our chances against the Wolves a lot more if Kidd sets aside that spot-the-other-team-a-game thing in Game 1.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I'll say one thing - I like our chances against the Wolves a lot more if Kidd sets aside that spot-the-other-team-a-game thing in Game 1.

Lol, the lose game 1 and then win in 6 method has gotten them this far!
Like Reply
Edwards just said "my matchup is Kyrie, so we'll see what I can do against him."
Like Reply
(05-19-2024, 09:35 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Great job Minny.  You won it more than Denver lost it.  Denver looked worn down late.  Porter struggled all series and Denver’s bench was not very good all year.

I wonder who Minny guards Kyrie with?  Conley is a good defender but may allow Kyrie to get more space.  Do they try Edwards on him?

Should be a fun series

According to Ant his matchup is Kyrie
Like Reply
Kai needs to assert himself as still being the alpha over the young pup for us to win the series.
Like Reply
Jokic is ducking Luka..lol
Like Reply
It's nice of the NBA and NHL to finally get their shit together and not playing the Mavs and Stars on the same damn nights at the same fucking times!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, LifeAquatic
Like Reply
I think the Mavs have a good chance against the Wolves if they can hit their 3s. Just like in the OKC series. If they are ice cold there is little Kyrie and Luka can do when Minnesota has twin towers in the paint.
Like Reply
Mavs in 6.
Like Reply