Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NYK at IND: Game 6 Thread
TJ Mcconnel is a tough SOB, huh?
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ballsrchr, dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
And of course RC has the closest thing to prime JJB on his team. McConnell is playing the best basketball of his career right now.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft, MarkAguirreWrathofGod
Like Reply
Something about DiVincenso makes me want to hit him in the face with a hammer.
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 09:24 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: And of course RC has the closest thing to prime JJB on his team. McConnell is playing the best basketball of his career right now.

Good comp. I think TJ is a better passer and setup man, but JJB is the better shooter from 3.
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 09:30 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Good comp. I think TJ is a better passer and setup man, but JJB is the better shooter from 3.

Barea was one of the best pick and roll players ever to do it. Can TJ run that stuff as well?
Like Reply
I know it's not going to happen, but a Dallas finals against Carlisle and Indiana would be pretty fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
Nesmith has come a long way since his rookie year in Boston.
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 09:41 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Barea was one of the best pick and roll players ever to do it. Can TJ run that stuff as well?

You haven't been watching I guess. He's had games in the series with 12, 10, and 9 assists, more than Haliburton. So I think he can run it.
Like Reply
Two game 7's Sunday. Will it be a hat trick?
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 10:04 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: You haven't been watching I guess. He's had games in the series with 12, 10, and 9 assists, more than Haliburton. So I think he can run it.

I've watched a little. I haven't seen much evidence that he's on the same level as a PNR guy. Halliburton is, though. I don't know TJ's game super well, I admit, but Barea is one of the most underrated offensive players in the league's history.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • fifteenth
Like Reply
(05-18-2024, 12:03 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I've watched a little. I haven't seen much evidence that he's on the same level as a PNR guy. Halliburton is, though. I don't know TJ's game super well, I admit, but Barea is one of the most underrated offensive players in the league's history.

Barea carved out a solid career. I don't understand why he's not working for the team, in some capacity?
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 09:51 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nesmith has come a long way since his rookie year in Boston.

He was a favorite of a lot of Mavs fans in that 2020 draft.  I was not sold that his shooting was real.   I would like to see Green develop into that level defender though.    That trade worked out for Indy.  Gave up Brogdan and got Nesmith and a first.   Which I believe turned into rookie shooter Sheppard.
Like Reply
Knicks play better in front of their home crowd, but if Hart is really injured that just may be too hard to overcome. Dante, Hartelstein and Hart are all playing above expectations....with Brunson. It just seems like Hart makes big play after big play when needed....along with the other guys. If he is compromised or out, that is a huge blow.
Like Reply
(05-18-2024, 07:35 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: He was a favorite of a lot of Mavs fans in that 2020 draft.  I was not sold that his shooting was real.   I would like to see Green develop into that level defender though.    That trade worked out for Indy.  Gave up Brogdan and got Nesmith and a first.   Which I believe turned into rookie shooter Sheppard.

Nesmith turned out to be what John Jenkins should have been. Carlisle vindicated himself and me. Big Grin Tongue
Like Reply
I am not sure where the pacers fall in the muddled east the next few years, but if they keep Siakim and Toppin they have an interesting young core. Mathurin hasn’t played in these playoffs. Jarace Walker hardly played this year but is only 20 and I think will be a good player.

I even like some of their two ways guys as good gambles. haliburtan is really good but they still lack that top 10 player and difficult to win a championship without one. They have a very interesting, deep team moving forward tbough
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • KillerLeft, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
To me, it appears the best talent is on the most untested teams - Minnie and Indy. I'm not sure talent is going to trump veteran leadership. Should be great stuff.
Like Reply
KP v Turner would be fun to watch but sounds like KP will be out to open the ECF.
Like Reply
Pacers have came out with they're hair on fire. Shooting 79% from the field.
Like Reply
Anunoby can barely get up and down the floor. Hartenstein and Hart look like they are in real pain. Thibs did it again.
Like Reply
The Pacers 39 pt 1st qtr is the largest in game 7 history. Who knew?
Like Reply