Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
MAVS NEWS: Luka Is Hurt| DLive's Mom Passes Away| Luka is your WCF MVP!
(05-31-2024, 03:05 PM)bubbler86 Wrote: Finals Game 3 and 4 Tickets are $1000 each for the worst seats...sheesh.

It's sad it's so expensive.

It's even sadder I'm considering it despite the price
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Can we get a Playoff Boston-Mavs thread going?

Several pundits picking Mavs - probably 60-40 in favor of Boston, but several good reasons to think this will be a good series.

Mavs clearly faced the better teams. In fact, they have beaten three 50-win teams to get where they are - better than all but four other NBA finalists. Boston didn't face a 50-win team, and those teams they faced had injured players.

Mavs have the best single player - maybe the best two players, and Boston having the best collection of 5-out talent

Mavs showing a slightly better defense statistically and Boston showing a slightly better offense

Big question regarding how Boston guards Kyrie, and how Dallas plays it centers (assuming KP plays)

Kleber's recovery and Lively's development can't be overstated in regard to Dallas lineup possibilities.

For those interested Jason Timpf at Hoops Tonight (Youtube) will have several videos starting Saturday on the Boston-Dallas matchup
[-] The following 4 users Like Winter's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 03:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's sad it's so expensive.

If you do it just go all out and take out a 2nd mortgage for court side seats.  Then go dressed in Celtics gear.  Then talk trash to Luka all game so we are guaranteed a Mavs win.
[-] The following 6 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Arioch, BigDirk41, fifteenth, Scott41theMavs, SleepingHero, TurkishMFFL
Like Reply
https://x.com/WVelvin/status/1796384953141497993
[-] The following 3 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Arioch, fifteenth, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 03:37 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: It's sad it's so expensive.

People will splurge with the once-in-a-lifetime excuse but the money can be better spent elsewhere, IMO.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bubbler86's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
How much beer can you buy for $1,000? Cause that would be good too.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 2 users Like The Jom's post:
  • bubbler86, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 04:50 PM)bubbler86 Wrote: People will splurge with the once-in-a-lifetime excuse but the money can be better spent elsewhere, IMO.

Honestly there is zero reason to spend 1k on basketball tickets in the nosebleeds. 

Cause its not just me but probably my wife, dad, and brother. And at that point we should just spend 5k on a family trip versus a 1 night spectacle of Luka daddying the Celtics.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • DallasMaverick, The Jom
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 07:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly there is zero reason to spend 1k on basketball tickets in the nosebleeds. 

Cause its not just me but probably my wife, dad, and brother. And at that point we should just spend 5k on a family trip versus a 1 night spectacle of Luka daddying the Celtics.

I’ve spent less on most of the cars I’ve owned!
[-] The following 2 users Like DallasMaverick's post:
  • bubbler86, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 07:42 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Honestly there is zero reason to spend 1k on basketball tickets in the nosebleeds. 

...and you also hope this is not his first trip as a Mav so maybe another chance albeit not less in cost.   But TOTALLY agree that a week at Disney World or at a nice beach tops one night of basketball which could be sour.   If you were hoping for my help in talking you out of it, there is my entry into that realm :-). I live in PA so ticket costs for me are doubled for travel.
[-] The following 2 users Like bubbler86's post:
  • DallasMaverick, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-31-2024, 03:52 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: https://x.com/WVelvin/status/1796384953141497993

That's amazing! Still laughing. "Kyrie Stans," LOL.
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I’ve been to at least 4 of the Mavericks finals games. Finals games and playoff games are the best reason to own season tickets or to have top access to a company’s corporate tickets. It is always a superb experience especially when they win. I did sell two games and applied the huge money to next year’s season tickets.
That’s what I would do if you want to see future playoff games but I can say once you’ve paid you will get a unique basketball experience. When you’re there you can scream away your anxiety at the Magic Johnsons, Dwayne Wades and Lebron James of the basketball world. I have had no experience quite winning a finals game to take a 2-0 or 3-2 lead.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reunion Mav's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
This team is going to be very worth owning season tickets. In the 80s I had tickets in the green 5th row. In 2001 I returned as a not rich fan sitting in the cheapest seats. I loved both back when Mark Cuban would come talk to his cheap seat people. Then each year I moved to better seats at their choose a seat event. We even got a piece of the floor and a picture with the trophy in 2011. I recommend season tickets for sure.
[-] The following 3 users Like Reunion Mav's post:
  • BigDirk41, bubbler86, SleepingHero
Like Reply
What a time. Legacies can be built over a long career. But an awesome 7 minutes can change history. I doubt this series goes as it did, if this comeback didn’t happen

https://x.com/tdisportsclips/status/1267...33728?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DallasMaverick, DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
Water me down

https://x.com/noahweber00/status/1797376...23374?s=46&t=iwQP5yZoJF3Ulzfb9MH7Cg
Like Reply