Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
AROUND the NBA: DET Fires GM Troy Weaver
https://x.com/esidery/status/1796240234138476951

Klay Thompson is set to hit the market as a FA
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 01:13 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: https://x.com/esidery/status/1796240234138476951

Klay Thompson is set to hit the market as a FA

Klay really screwed up not taking the 2/48 offer last off season. Really poor decision on his part. He'll probably resign there for his legacy, but probably 2/20 or something.
Like Reply
Some desperate team like Orlando will give him a lot more than that. THJ makes $18 million a year.
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/4024...ent-age-33

Aaron Gordon's brother Drew dies in a car crash. Sad...
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 04:47 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: Some desperate team like Orlando will give him a lot more than that.  THJ makes $18 million a year.

Not sure I´d describe Orlando as desperate. They just have a lot of money to spend before the extensions kick in. They basically have the pick of the lot.

Question is what you want to do?

They are in a similar position to us with the THJ trade. Do you really want that veteran or would you rather get a younger player that fits the time line of your superstar(s)?

I´d probably opt for Monk over Klay or look at trades. Somebody like Simons must be very attractive to them.
Like Reply
@ShamsCharania
Breaking: As Trajan Langdon’s tenure as Detroit Pistons President begins, the franchise and general manager Troy Weaver are planning to part ways, sources tell me and @JLEdwardsIII
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
^^ They should have fired him the moment he took Killian Hayes over Tyrese Haliburton who was told Detroit was picking him. Major gaff..
[-] The following 3 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(06-01-2024, 08:50 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ^^ They should have fired him the moment he took Killian Hayes over Tyrese Haliburton who was told Detroit  was picking him. Major gaff..

It was bad enough to spend the #1 pick of the 2nd round on Tyrell Terry, cause Bill Simmons thought he was the next Trae Young. It´s next level to pick Hayes, cause KOC had him #1 on his draft board. That being said the top of this draft behind Edwards was really poor. Everything stands and falls with that GUY. If Detroit gets Wembanyama, Hayes and their whole roster is immediately looked at differently. Are you telling me the Spurs roster was any better than the Pistons roster, twelve months ago. NOPE. Now they got Wemby. Everything changes. 

At least their GM was smart enough to understand how good Wemby is and tanked properly, unlike the Mavs who had to rely on multiple teams being stupid with Luka, because Carlisle, Nelson and Cuban had to play Mejri hero-ball. Oh the dark times.
Like Reply
Weaver is one of the reason Brunson is on Knicks. If he doesn't help the Knicks clear salary Brunson is likely still with the Mavs.
[-] The following 2 users Like Luka77's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 04:43 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It was bad enough to spend the #1 pick of the 2nd round on Tyrell Terry, cause Bill Simmons thought he was the next Trae Young. It´s next level to pick Hayes, cause KOC had him #1 on his draft board. That being said the top of this draft behind Edwards was really poor. Everything stands and falls with that GUY. If Detroit gets Wembanyama, Hayes and their whole roster is immediately looked at differently. Are you telling me the Spurs roster was any better than the Pistons roster, twelve months ago. NOPE. Now they got Wemby. Everything changes. 

At least their GM was smart enough to understand how good Wemby is and tanked properly, unlike the Mavs who had to rely on multiple teams being stupid with Luka, because Carlisle, Nelson and Cuban had to play Mejri hero-ball. Oh the dark times.

Dang. If every GM was fired whenever he made a bad pick in the draft…
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 04:43 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: .

Detroit has had the worst record in the league the last 2 years. How is that not tanking properly? At the end of the day it's a lottery too. And Detroit has had some shitty luck.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 04:43 AM)Mavs2021 Wrote: It was bad enough to spend the #1 pick of the 2nd round on Tyrell Terry, cause Bill Simmons thought he was the next Trae Young. It´s next level to pick Hayes, cause KOC had him #1 on his draft board. That being said the top of this draft behind Edwards was really poor. Everything stands and falls with that GUY. If Detroit gets Wembanyama, Hayes and their whole roster is immediately looked at differently. Are you telling me the Spurs roster was any better than the Pistons roster, twelve months ago. NOPE. Now they got Wemby. Everything changes. 

Bill Simmons is an idiot basketball hipster.

Even so, I think he's better than Tim Bontemps, who seems like an even bigger Duncan Donut and a tool.

Someone posted a video the other day where these two numpties were saying Duncan was the best bball player between 2002-2007 and the "most important player to the league" in that time period. Ridiculous, laughable really. KG was better than Duncan for every year from 2003-04 onward. And Kobe was indisputably better than both KG and Duncan from 2005-06 onward and a hell of a lot more important to the league than either. Duncan also never repeated... and if not for the NBA gifting the Spurs the 2006-07 title, they would not have won a title between 2004-05 and 2013-14, 9 whole years (!). Seriously, how sucky as an ATG must one be... to be the best PF in the league, have the 2nd/3rd best SG in the league (Manu), and a top 5 PG in the league from 2002-2014 (Parker).... and still never repeat? Or go 9 years without a proper ring?

Also, for all of Duncan's supposed defensive prowess as an individual (as opposed to the Spurs' overall defensive schemes, which deserve the real credit)... the Spurs defensive rating dropped big time when Bruce Bowen retired and until Kawhi became a stud. Heck, even Amar'e Stoudamire was regularly dropping 30-40 PPG on Timmy D's head, when Amar'e was healthy.

Hipsters and tools.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 01:44 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Weaver is one of the reason Brunson is on Knicks.  If he doesn't help the Knicks clear salary Brunson is likely still with the Mavs.

This is true.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 03:43 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Detroit has had the worst record in the league the last 2 years. How is that not tanking properly? At the end of the day it's a lottery too. And Detroit has had some shitty luck.

Maybe my English is that bad? I said their GM tanked properly, because he recognized the talent of Wembanyama, but he simply had bad luck with the lottery balls. Every team needs a franchise player to succeed. Our FO did not even recognize what a generational talent Luka is or they´d have tanked harder. It´s all about getting it right once.

I literally wrote the same thing you did.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • RGP1981
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 01:44 PM)Luka77 Wrote: Weaver is one of the reason Brunson is on Knicks.  If he doesn't help the Knicks clear salary Brunson is likely still with the Mavs.

No he is not. They would have found another way.
Like Reply
(Yesterday, 05:55 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Maybe my English is that bad? I said their GM tanked properly, because he recognized the talent of Wembanyama, but he simply had bad luck with the lottery balls. Every team needs a franchise player to succeed. Our FO did not even recognize what a generational talent Luka is or they´d have tanked harder. It´s all about getting it right once.

I literally wrote the same thing you did.

So true. 

On a separate note (no pun intended Tongue), I'm hoping the Jazz tank hard AF for Cooper Flagg next season. Need to go for the the worst record in the league. Don't care if it doesn't end up with the #1 pick, having the worst record gives the best odds at the #1 pick.

The NBA owes the Jazz a #1 pick and franchise player... for many excellent decades of service without complaint.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZrwdXzJL5d2gNGe5nCNM...Inqe1c1B1-]
Like Reply
https://x.com/GoldinCo/status/1797117095...06?ref_src=

Highest selling Micheal Jordan card ever.
Like Reply
https://x.com/Tmac_213/status/1797367550423998611

T-Mac is trippin.
Like Reply
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5525461...ium=social&utm_campaign=nbatw&source=nbatw

T-Wolves have a fraught financial future.
Like Reply