Poll: WHO GETS THE DIRKIE?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DJJ (5pts, 2rbd, 2ast, +11)
0%
0 0%
PJ (12pts, 7rbd, 2ast, 2stl, +17)
0%
0 0%
Gafford (11pts, 9rbd, 1blk, +26!)
2.70%
1 2.70%
Kyrie (36pts, 4rbd, 5ast, +17)
2.70%
1 2.70%
Luka (36pts, 10rbd, 5ast, 2stl, +22)
91.89%
34 91.89%
DLive (9pts, 8rbd, 3ast, 3blk, -1)
2.70%
1 2.70%
Green (2pts, 1ast, 2stl, +10)
0%
0 0%
Hardy (7pts, +4!)
0%
0 0%
Maxi (3pts, 1rbd, 1stl, +8)
0%
0 0%
Exum (0pts, 3rbd, 1ast, -1)
0%
0 0%
Total 37 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024 DIRKIE:
Do we have the option to vote for the JERSEYS? I love this jerseys!
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
Got to give it to Luka. Kyrie scored just as many points as Luka and really eliminated any comeback thoughts by Minny. It is Luka though. Luka just stomped on their throats from the beginning and really got Minny off their game with his start. Just like he did against PHX in game 7.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • fifteenth, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
MAVVVVVVVSSSSSSS!

I don't have time for a long list of thoughts this morning, but here's a few:

I thought Josh Green, while making a minimal impact, box score wise, was absolutely integral to that first quarter slaughter by the Mavericks. Too often, his energy seems to muck things up for his own team in a chaotic way, but THIS was one of the games where you feel grateful he's on the team. His energy in transition was just what the team needed last night, and he made 3-4 of the best passes I've seen from anyone on this team this postseason. Great game from him, imo!

Ever since we had "Gafford Day" around here and everyone decided I was an idiot...well, it's like he was reading that day, because I actually think he started playing better right around that time. In my opinion, he got better as this series went along, and last night was another possibility for his best game in the postseason. As of now, going in blind before game 1, my instinct is that the Boston series isn't going to be the right matchup for him, but I'm less sure of that than I would've been before these last few games, and I'm sure as hell glad he was on the team in this series. 

Kleber seems fine to me. That three he hit was one of his quicker releases on a less open shot, even by his pre-shoulder injury standards. This is good news for the Boston series, because I feel like I can guarantee that the Kleber/Washington lineup will be needed at times against Boston, even if they can find a way for Gafford to function against the 5-out offense. 

The amount of punishment slight-framed DJJ takes out there as a price for the physicality of his play style right now is staggering, and the man just keeps playing hard. I love that dude. 

When the Kidd apology thread starts soon, I'll be first in line to add my thoughts. He is officially doing a great job, and that's undeniable, even if they get swept by Boston. And actually, win or lose in the finals, I'm positive they'll make a series of it, and he's a big part of that. 

I guess McDaniels can't neutralize Kyrie Irving after all, lololololol. 

Luka Doncic is a serial killer. I am in awe of the way he seems to be able to elevate his level of play basically anytime he wants. We are so fortunate that he's a Maverick, and while Boston scares me from a matchup standpoint in some ways (in others, I like the Mavs), part of me thinks there's just no way Luka doesn't find a way to win the series. 

What an amazing time to be a Dallas Mavericks fan!
[-] The following 10 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Arioch, DanSchwartzgan, dirkfansince1998, fifteenth, Jmaciscool, Lukedoncic, mvossman, Reunion Mav, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-30-2024, 11:40 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Mavs are going up against a super team for the ages. 

Jrue/White/Brown/Tatum/KP is basically a 4 all-star lineup. All semi in their primes. 

Lets capture that 2011 (Luka) Magic!

Here's hoping that the Celtics players believe all that
Not very astute ^^^^
[-] The following 1 user Likes fifteenth's post:
  • Reunion Mav
Like Reply
First half Luka was the stuff of legends. The end.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 4 users Like The Jom's post:
  • BigDirk41, fifteenth, KillerLeft, Reunion Mav
Like Reply
I give it to Windhorst for blessing us with this gem: Luka grew up idolizing Messi, cause they both played for Real Madrid.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mavs2021's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, SleepingHero
Like Reply