Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 5 Playoffs 2024: Oklahoma City Thunder (2-2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (2-2)
(05-17-2024, 09:52 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: None of this is wrong - *but* the issue is they paid the man way too much.

Also, you forgot Maxi.

Yep. I did forget Maxi. Unfortunately. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess.

Wonder about his availability if DAL makes the WCF.
[-] The following 2 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • fifteenth, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 07:26 AM)Winter Wrote: I just think these are pretty much the same comments that are posted about Josh every week for the last two years. I just don't see anything "dramatic" and most of it feels like it's wishful thinking.

Just seems like a willful ignoring of the numbers.  Weren't you the guy a couple of years ago that argued strongly (including doubling and tripling down) that Mavs should release Green because you didn't want to pay his rookie contract?  Bashing on Green kind of seems like your bit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(05-17-2024, 10:54 AM)mvossman Wrote: Just seems like a willful ignoring of the numbers.  Weren't you the guy a couple of years ago that argued strongly (including doubling and tripling down) that Mavs should release Green because you didn't want to pay his rookie contract?  Bashing on Green kind of seems like your bit.

Mvoss, my issue all along has never once been that Green was an unplayable disaster. My issue has always been that Green - for whatever reason on this board - has been cheered to the point of exaggeration. I have frequently reacted to what seems like to me nothing short of hyperbole. I don't think his numbers or his play now indicate that he's an up-and-coming starter.

I hoped - and posted it - that Green really needs to be a decent rotation player to have any value. He has become that. I have been saying that in every post this season. Feel free to dig around. Yet there still seems to be an expectation that he will suddenly become starter material.... or something. I don't know what exactly. I have never shared that view and don't quite understand it. I'll shut up about him from now on. Carry on.
Like Reply