Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.91 Average
Trade & FA 2023-24: Vezenkov+Kings Are Done
(Today, 01:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Another strawman. Do you have anything else to offer or should I just put you on ignore?

Probably the right call.
Like Reply
(Today, 02:24 AM)Luka77 Wrote: Im going to say this again, the easiest way for the Mavs to improve this offseason is for them to add a combo guard.  There are no two way guards that are available for what the Mavs have to offer.

The Mavs aren't that far from winning a championship.  Right now I believe many of these combo guards will be under valued.  A undervalued player is something the Mavs will have to find inorder to upgrade this roster.

If someone has better options please list them.

We have to look at the price we are paying. 

In my opinion Mavs should look to work on ''cheap deals''. 

Simons isn't a bad idea, but i think we saw last seasons that Blazers are terrible team to negotiate and they would demand FRP assets to move from the players. Even players with less market than Simons.

In my opinion 2 players who could be on the market are Zach Lavine and Wiggins, with Lavine probably more likely to get.

Neither are perfect, but if the price is just a salary dump, as they were some reports for Lavine few weeks ago, than all in for that deal.

Hardaway + Green + Kleber (maybe SRP) for Lavine is the deal i would do it immidiatly.

Lively - Gafford
PJ - DJJ - Omax
Luka - Lawson
Lavine - Hardy
Kyrie - Exum

In the offense Lavine fits the Mavs perfect as a 3 scoring option. I think he is also the best % on catch and shoot 3. Do not forget he also played only half of the season with the proper PG the whole career, while in the Mavs he would have 2 best creators in the world.

On the defense we would lose something, but nothing that can't be signed for vet min. contracts.

Green is a solid defender, but after the season he had, he isn't worth more than 4-5 mil. per season. I know that he was drafted by the Mavs, but he isn't elite defender who could bring you a tittle. While Maxi is just too injury prone so you can't really count on him anymore.

I would say both of them are welcome back here, but on a different contract, so if opportunity to get a player like Lavine with just a salary dump, we should do it immidiatly.
Like Reply