Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 3.92 Average
AROUND the NBA: Jerry West Passes Away
We should draft Bronny and have LeBron play our 5 the next few years. He can play the 4 when Lively is in.
Like Reply
Dan Hurley turns down the Laker's 6-year 70 million dollar offer to stay at UConn.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...tays-uconn
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKidd's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(06-10-2024, 12:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Dan Hurley turns down the Laker's 6-year 70 million dollar offer to stay at UConn.

So much for the 100 million dollar offer. I'm glad he stayed at UConn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(06-10-2024, 12:47 PM)HoosierDaddyKidd Wrote: Dan Hurley turns down the Laker's 6-year 70 million dollar offer to stay at UConn.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...tays-uconn
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
BREAKING: Connecticut’s Dan Hurley has turned down the Los Angeles Lakers’ six-year, $70 million offer and will return to chase a third straight national title, sources tell ESPN. LA would’ve made him one of NBA’s six highest paid coaches.

Turns out the LA reporter who said 2 days ago Hurley wasn't being considered anymore was right!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Seems like a lowball offer to me considering that it's the Lakers and trying to get the hottest coach in college basketball. They probably would have needed to make him the highest paid coach in the NBA to get him to leave UConn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Yeah, that offer was pretty low all things considering. Spoe, Kerr, and Pop got more than that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
RIP Jerry West. I was too young ever to see him play in his day. I only know him from his days as an executive. For me, he was the best person to listen to talk about prospects. Just awesome. You would have never have guessed he was one of the best players ever when he would discuss prospects. None of the "back in my day" analysis.

As a player, he unfortunately played during the Boston dynasty. Despite playing in 9 finals, he only won one title as a player. It is something that beat him down for most of his life. He made up for it as an executive. He is probably the best GM in league history (although a few others may have a strong case). He won 8 titles as an executive. Most as the lead guy but he also helped out with the Warriors.

Just an all time great
[-] The following 5 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, dirkfansince1998, HoosierDaddyKidd, Lukedoncic, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
He was and is "The Logo" RIP.

https://x.com/statmuse/status/1800892948839796858
Like Reply
Not only was West a pillar of the NBA, so much so that he is the literal logo, but he left a legacy of building some of the most dominant teams of all time.

A winner through and through. RIP Mr. West.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, omahen
Like Reply